Not sure if this has anything to do with the new server, or even if it's a bug at all, but I've not experienced it before and it's been constant since the swith of servers.

When I open Eurobricks in my browser, Mr. Bonaparte's post regarding the new server change is right at the top of the page, even when there's some new frontpage news it remains at the top with the new stuff beneath; I have my suspicions it's intended to be that way, but just in case thought I'd make note of it.

That's intentional so people know where to report server problems. I'll unpin that message in the near future so it goes down the list on the frontpage

Also, when browsing with my PSP I'm getting a message asking me if I want to run a plug in every time I open/refresh the frontpage, and this is also post server switch, though I think that might just be my PSP.

Sorry if I'm wasting time with my poor knowledge of the working of a forum!

I don't have a clue about this one. Personally I'm not having that problem on any of my PCs. Until more people report such a problem I'll assume it's something related with your PC or PSP.

Wow...that was a fast reply!

Thanks for clearing that up...I feel stupid now :tongue:

Regarding my PSP, I think it's just got to get used to finding the new ISP or something, as the site works fine when I move away from the frontpage. The PSP is a fickle beast...

Must say, you're really doing a top notch job, Bonaparte, and now I know that my "problem" wasn't actually a problem I can safely say the site is fine and noticeably faster than before. Great work!

WIll/Rocketbily

EB was down for me for over 24 hours. It was rough, but the site does seem faster.

Thanks for the upgrade!

I was asleep most of the time, but we both know that it's impossible for the Grand Duke to go that long without Eurobricks. :laugh:

I can picture it.

"Withdrawal! Withdraaaawal!"

*Ahem* Sorry. Couldn't resist...

And thank you, what's your face, for answering my question. It probably is just my laptop... :blush:

Edited by Striker

Thanks staff, the site is nice and fast, though I never had any problems with the speed in the past because I have a fast internet connection.

The PSP is a fickle beast...

I can attest to that, It's a great system but the internet browser is in need of improvement :sceptic: .

I just noticed something- if I click a member's username, I have the option to forward PMs to anyone. Is this a new feature? Pretty helpful since non-fellow and non-staff members can't use the CC function. :thumbup:

I just noticed something- if I click a member's username, I have the option to forward PMs to anyone. Is this a new feature? Pretty helpful since non-fellow and non-staff members can't use the CC function. :thumbup:

I don't know, but I like it :wink:

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. Where exactly do you see such option?

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. Where exactly do you see such option?

When you are in your PM area, and select your recipient, the drop down list that appears when you click on their name now includes an option to forward PMs. Here is an example:

4370963009_3256c463e2.jpg

It's not new. :wink:

Bonaparte didn't even know about it and he's a root admin. :laugh: Well thanks for pointing it out Ricecraker.

Bonaparte didn't even know about it and he's a root admin. :laugh: Well thanks for pointing it out Ricecraker.

EDIT: Never mind. I'm stupid. Well, you learn something new every day!

Edited by Darth Legolas

It doesn't mean much. There's stuff that I know that he doesn't, and there's stuff that Hinckley, Bonaparte and Jipay know that I don't. We're a team afterall.

I am better looking than Bonaparte and Jipay, but Hinckley beats us all.

It's not new. :wink:

It's new for regular members... or at least me. It's never been there before.

Well thanks for pointing it out Ricecraker.

I didn't mention it, JimButcher did.

:laugh:

It's new for regular members... or at least me. It's never been there before.

There's no option to turn that feature off per group. Even so, I'm not saying you're wrong; I've seen odder things happen on IP Boards. :tongue:

It doesn't mean much. There's stuff that I know that he doesn't, and there's stuff that Hinckley, Bonaparte and Jipay know that I don't. We're a team afterall.

Yeah a team really is the best option. I don't think you want to go around looking for every feature, glitch, etc. Just have everyone know parts that others don't. Also you'd think there'd be something like instructions when you make a site to show features and etc.

I didn't mention it, JimButcher did.

You posted the picture so it must have left my mind that it was Jim.

Oh, I didn´t know that either. Thanks for pointing it out!. :sweet:

:laugh::thumbup:

4370963009_3256c463e2.jpg

:laugh: Quick, blur it out, blur it out!

I'm pretty sure it wasn't available to regular members before now. I just noticed it because it was out of place, ie not normal. It's only in the PM center, though, so maybe I missed it all this time.

One problem I occasionally find is that "The Brickster" turns into "The Fangster". I didn't realise he was going vampirish...

One problem I occasionally find is that "The Brickster" turns into "The Fangster". I didn't realise he was going vampirish...

:laugh: That´s because yesterday was WhiteFang´s birthday. When a MOD or admin celebrates his birthday, the other MODs and admins changes their name to look a bit like the one who has his birthday. :wink:

Whitefang must have a birthday every week then!

When Eurobricks came online after the server swap his name was "The Fangster" then, too...

Edited by Matt Dawson

New server, With 8 Cores Intel Nehalem, Raid10, etc...

So is my Mac Pro talking to your Mac Pro? :pir-laugh:

So is my Mac Pro talking to your Mac Pro? :pir-laugh:

You're kidding; why would one do that?

It's a Linux server.

Is it just me, or the forum just underwent a minor brain wipe? I lost 2 posts and a PM, all sent during the last hour or so. Or is it just me? :wacko:

Is it just me, or the forum just underwent a minor brain wipe? I lost 2 posts and a PM, all sent during the last hour or so. Or is it just me? :wacko:

No its not just you.

Bonaparte is making some changes, it should all return to normal soon :wink: .