Sign in to follow this  
ACPin

Samurai Dojo

indexed.gif

I also do other themes besides SW from time to time and here's one that was done way back in April 2008.

SamuraiDojo-thumb.jpg

AC

Wow! That's incredible! I love the whole thing, from the snot to the bridge, to the way you used those anoying old castle baseplates!

Fantastic! I commend your choise of theme too! The ninjas/samurai were always very dear to me. This Moc was pulled off with expert skill!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by dannylonglegs

WOW, thats really cool, It reminds me of ninja movies, with the guys training all in a line. You should change the scene and do a raid on the dojo by another ninja clan. Really cool, nice architecture too.

That is a very nice build! One of the first neat buildings I see on a difficult baseplate.

The stone work is amazing and the curved top of the gate doors is a nice touch which I defenitely have to use myself sometime.

I don't really like the black castle pieces though, but the stone printed slope bricks do really fit and merge fantastic in the building.

Really impressive. :thumbup:

Wow! That's incredible! I love the whole thing, from the snot to the bridge, to the way you used those anoying old castle baseplates!

Fantastic! I commend your choise of theme too! The ninjas/samurai were always very dear to me. This Moc was pulled off with expert skill!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Using hard to figure out pieces like the molded baseplates represent different challenges. In this case two baseplates were used back-to-back where the bridge design came about to disguise the joint.

WOW, thats really cool, It reminds me of ninja movies, with the guys training all in a line. You should change the scene and do a raid on the dojo by another ninja clan. Really cool, nice architecture too.

Unfortunately I can't redo the scene as this MOC has been disassembled to make way for newer MOCs. :sad:

That is a very nice build! One of the first neat buildings I see on a difficult baseplate.

The stone work is amazing and the curved top of the gate doors is a nice touch which I defenitely have to use myself sometime.

I don't really like the black castle pieces though, but the stone printed slope bricks do really fit and merge fantastic in the building.

Really impressive. :thumbup:

Feel free to use any design concept that you can use for your own MOCs. This was actually an improved version of

y-gatesofsamurai_a01_001.jpg_thumb.jpg

The mix of the old/new grey/bley pieces for the walls was intentional to go along with the printed slopes.

AC

Holy Cow, that's amazing. I love the interior, with the courtyard and all of the walkway is tiled :wub: Plus that bridge is a great touch. This would be something I'd have a problem with dismantling. Awesome work.

Impressive building!

Holy Cow, that's amazing. I love the interior, with the courtyard and all of the walkway is tiled :wub: Plus that bridge is a great touch. This would be something I'd have a problem with dismantling. Awesome work.

Impressive building!

Thanks, it's always hard to deconstruct any MOC especially after spending quite sometime with it. That's why some of them stay awhile until I need the bricks for newer works.

AC

Edited by ACPin

Just found this nice little creation in the MOC index.

I am a fan of this building, it is simple in design, yet complicated enough to draw your attention to it. I like the ninja/ samurai styled LEGO buildings and themes. This is one of the better large castle type MOCs I have seen. Unfortunately it seems it is not done very often.

It is a shame to see such few replies on your creation. I hope more people are now able to appreciate it now I have brought its thread back.

Wow, normally base plates make MOCs look awful but this looks really good! :thumbup: My favorite part is the bridge, but you've done some great brickwork as well, and of course, very neat minifigures.

Just found this nice little creation in the MOC index.

I am a fan of this building, it is simple in design, yet complicated enough to draw your attention to it. I like the ninja/ samurai styled LEGO buildings and themes. This is one of the better large castle type MOCs I have seen. Unfortunately it seems it is not done very often.

It is a shame to see such few replies on your creation. I hope more people are now able to appreciate it now I have brought its thread back.

When this was built in 2008, there weren't that many MOCs done for the orient style. With the new Ninjago line, we're seeing more MOCs in this theme. If you haven't seen it yet, take a look at this more recent MOC. :sweet:

Wow! :oh: That's very good! Very well done castle! Very good design and details! Thanks! :classic:

Old but still current. :wink:

wow! great use of moulded hill bases and excellent use of mixed greys :)

Those baseplates were tough to work with but came out well in this.

Wow, normally base plates make MOCs look awful but this looks really good! :thumbup: My favorite part is the bridge, but you've done some great brickwork as well, and of course, very neat minifigures.

The only thing left of this structure is actually the bridge which I plan to reuse in a future MOC. The minifigs were done as in the old samurai movies I've watched.

AC

Love your MOC. I really admire all of your creations and it's nice to see your creativity in a different theme. My son has shown an interest in Ninjago and he loves your Samurai Dojo and Rad Dojo.

Love your MOC. I really admire all of your creations and it's nice to see your creativity in a different theme. My son has shown an interest in Ninjago and he loves your Samurai Dojo and Rad Dojo.

I've always delved in other themes besides SW as there are opportunities for builds/techniques that won't probably been able to do. Hoping to do more in the future when on break from SW MOCs.

Thanks for mentioning about your son's appreciation as I've actually gotten into the hobby through my sons when they were younger and Lego was the most played as they built whatever toy they imagined it to be.

AC

That's really amazing, I love all the action in it. Nice use of the raised baseplate, it doesn't look too prefab if you know what I mean. I struggle with my castle baseplate to come up with something, hmm...might be good for a steampunk HQ :grin:

Awesome MOC! :thumbup: