Sign in to follow this  
Piranha

LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 2 Poll

Collectible Minifigures   

267 members have voted

1. 2. What is your favorite minifig from series 2?

• Spartan
    • Lifeguard
    • Witch
    • Singer
    • Weightlifter
    • Ringmaster
    • Jungle Explorer
    • Karate Master
    • Surfer
    • Pharaoh
    • Vampire
    • Traffic Cop
    • Mime Artist
    • Skier
    • DJ
    • Mexican
  2. 3. What series do you like better?

• Minifigs Series 1
    • Minifigs Series 2

What is your favourite minifig from Series 2?

What is your favourite minifig from Series 1 and Series 2 combined?

Which Series do you prefer, 1 or 2?

Well he is not a knight so I made the polls for him :grin:

However I changed it up a bit.

What is your favorite fig from series one?

What is your favorite fig from series two?

What series do you like better?

Series 1 Series 2

Oh and the main Collectable Figs Topic

Mine are

Astronaut

Hoplite

:wink::classic:

Edited by Rufus
Made the title consistent

I voted Magician (duh!), Hoplite (sweet fig!) and Series 1. I feel like there isn't enough variety in the second series. I mean, do we really need both a male AND female surfer/lifeguard? :hmpf:

I voted Magician (duh!), Hoplite (sweet fig!) and Series 1. I feel like there isn't enough variety in the second series. I mean, do we really need both a male AND female surfer/lifeguard? :hmpf:

Hey I like the surfer and lifeguard :tongue:

Oh I see someone revived the poll WhiteFang made about Series 1 Favorite Fig, I had forgotten about that one :blush:

But I don't know what to do, this poll is similar but has series 2 as well

Good thing we have mods to sort these things out :grin:

Although I'm not a fan of mimes at all in real life the fig is superb and could only be outdone by the Hoplite in Series 2. For series 1 I went for the zombie but I love that wrestler too (strange as I have no interest in wrestling, just a great fig).

I don't know how a vote on Series 2 could be accurate considering we've seen only half the figs and a dodgy prelim image, but I've removed Series 1 from this poll since the other one has almost 300 votes.

form series one I think the astronaut is the best. but in series 2 there isn't any minifigs that stands out and yells buy me so i think i'll skip that and use that as a reason to get more astronauts. I'm hoping that they have more space minifigs in the next wave.

I voted "mime" just because I want to build a scorpion pit.

But I liked series 1 better.

Hey, the poll isn't working for me... I wonder if it's because series one has been removed, and now the poll is buggy. It keeps saying I left one of the fields blank.

I know they're preliminary pics, but that disco guy totally wins.

Um I am not sure just yet. From the prelims I prefer series 1 because they have some classic minifigs but just remade, sort of. Series 2 looks fantastic aswell but Im gonna wait until more finalized pictures are seen.

Hey, the poll isn't working for me... I wonder if it's because series one has been removed, and now the poll is buggy. It keeps saying I left one of the fields blank.

I know they're preliminary pics, but that disco guy totally wins.

Same problem here... mime and Disco Stu are winners.

In general I'd like figs that I could easily integrate in a layout. I'm less enthusiastic about the 'standalone' figs, like the Greek, pharaoh, robot, which seem to be many people's favorites, and on the figs that are too generic, like the diver and the American cop.

Um I am not sure just yet. From the prelims I prefer series 1 because they have some classic minifigs but just remade, sort of. Series 2 looks fantastic aswell but Im gonna wait until more finalized pictures are seen.

I'm quite sure that even after the final products have been seen, my favourite will still be Disco Stu... Even if they gave that motorcycle cop (?) a better hat, it's still going to be just a motorcycle cop. Without a motorcycle.

It may be that the novelty has worn off, but I'm not as excited by series two as I am by series one. Or maybe it's that this series has even less I can use in my layouts. Maybe the mime could entertain my village, but that's about it.

They really need to think of minifigs that will compliment ranges that already exist... things like Robin Hood and the Cowboy and Indian being prime examples.

I'll keep an eye for pirates in series three, but my interest is waning again.

In general I'd like figs that I could easily integrate in a layout. I'm less enthusiastic about the 'standalone' figs, like the Greek, pharaoh, robot, which seem to be many people's favorites, and on the figs that are too generic, like the diver and the American cop.

I agree with Rick: although most minifigs are great looking, I'd be hard pressed to use some of them in anything else than a standalone MOC. I don't plan to have a circus, Egyptian pyramid, ski slope or vampire night in my City, nor a crash testing stage! But don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining -- it's good to have the option just in case one day I happen need some of those more exotic minifigs. Variety is good!

Oh and the poll thing is still not working.

There's an empty 'frame' below the two remaining questions that probably needs to be removed to get the poll working again.

Voting works again! :classic:

It may be that the novelty has worn off, but I'm not as excited by series two as I am by series one. Or maybe it's that this series has even less I can use in my layouts. Maybe the mime could entertain my village, but that's about it.

I have the exact same experience. Takes off the 'exclusiveness' in a way. It may have been better to release one series per year and have them run for a year or at least actively for half a year, allowing another few months for trading until the next wave arrives.

I'll keep an eye for pirates in series three, but my interest is waning again.

I was thinking... could the absence of pirates and imperial soldiers be a sign of a planned return of pirates in 2011?

Edited by Rick

1. Emo guy

2. Mime

3. Series 1

But there are so many good pieces in those figs.

I was thinking... could the absence of pirates and imperial soldiers be a sign of a planned return of pirates in 2011?

Now that I think about it, none of the 32 minifigs are from a current or upcoming range... there's the vampire and the witch and the diver and the ninja and the cowboy and the Indian and the forestman which have been done before, but not in a very long time, except for the witch who only appeared in the advent calendar.

Maybe there are no pirates because they don't want to repeat anything that's been done recently.

I didn't even see Series 2 before, nice!

It was a tough choice between the Mime, Pharaoh, and Vampire, but in the end I chose the Mime. Looks like such a great figure, and the printed arms are something new.

Huge props to Lego for doing this, I could care less for the "Chinese" quality as long as I can't see the difference, rather than know it.

:wub: The MIME shall be mine! :wub: (I can hardly wait)

But still Series 1.

I voted the amazing 70's Disco guy! :cry_happy: And of course series 2, as I'm a City boy you'll understand why I find this second series the best one :wink:

I like the Mexican maraca player the most from series 2. The hat is simply perfect.

Still, series 1 appeals to me more simply because it has a greater variety of figs. Series 2 is predominantly town folk with a few other figs thrown in for good measure (the Pharaoh, the Witch, the Vampire and the Hoplite). With series 1 we have a Ninja, Cowboy, an American Indian, a Robinhood look-a-like, an Astronaut and a Caveman; not to mention some wacky bonuses like the Robot, the Zombie and the Crash Test Dummy. Series 2 for me is actually something of a letdown.