Rock

Lego Star Wars Clone Building Event

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

I've been looking all over for a Lego Star Wars Clone Building Event box. As pictured below...

clone_box.jpg

I've searched on Bricklink, Ebay and Amazon and I haven't been able to find one for sale. Does anyone know where I can purchase one?

I would really appreciate it if I could get some additional information on it too. I'm not sure how people recieved it in the first place or how many of these boxes were produced.

Edited by KimT

If memory serves me this was held at certain LEGO stores a while ago.

let me search, I think I'm right.

Maybe call a LEGO store, would be my only suggestion.

If memory serves me this was held at certain LEGO stores a while ago.

let me search, I think I'm right.

Yeah, you´re right, although I´m not 100% sureit was only LEGO stores.

@Rock: Good luck getting one, seeing that the box contains the parts for 1000 Clones, it´s going to be pretty damn expensive. If you even find one for sale...

Yeah, you´re right, although I´m not 100% sureit was only LEGO stores.

@Rock: Good luck getting one, seeing that the box contains the parts for 1000 Clones, it´s going to be pretty damn expensive. If you even find one for sale...

There are 100 clones for each box. At about $7.50 U.S. for each clone it comes to about $750. I have no idea how much the original box and bags would cost.

Edited by Rock

There are 100 clones for each box. At about $7.50 U.S. for each clone it comes to about $750. I have no idea how much the original box and bags would cost.

Why not just buy the clones without the box? :grin:

I'm pretty sure this was a Wal-Mart promotion back in 2002 when the Episode Two sets started coming out.

It wasn't for sale, and I doubt that anyone that holds one of those would sell it.

But you're right; it's not on BL at all. If it was it would be listed here.

Yeah, im not sure you'll be able to find one of them.

And as Siegfried said, if someone has one of them, I doubt they would sell it.

Good luck though! :sweet:

CommanderFox

Okay I know this from personal experience(I actually attended one of these myself.)

These were held in Wal-Mart stores during the release of Ep. II(2002). The point was to build as many clonetroopers as you could in a minute. But what you did with those clones varied from store to store. Some people got to keep all the clones they built, other got only one(me) and some got none. After this event, some people even asked the managers for the entire box of these, and they got them.

Damn straight. These are as rare as hen's teeth. I've got the stop watch, official instructions and 20 clones to go with mine. If I was parting with it I'd be selling my entire collection off at the same time. Not something I ever want to see.

Damn straight. These are as rare as hen's teeth. I've got the stop watch, official instructions and 20 clones to go with mine. If I was parting with it I'd be selling my entire collection off at the same time. Not something I ever want to see.

Any chance of photos?

Any chance of photos?

I would really like to see photos of this. I had no idea there was a stopwatch and instructions. Information is really limited about it though.

Any chance of photos?

Sorry for bumping an old topic, but see the attached link for some pictures of the 2002 & 2008 boxes.

4778215307_dbe4f802ab_b.jpg

On 2/15/2010 at 7:47 PM, CommanderFox said:

Yeah, im not sure you'll be able to find one of them.

Good luck though! :sweet:

CommanderFox

I think they are near impossible to find. Btw, your name made me laugh. "Cannot remember his own name" with a picture of smeegle talking about fox. So clever!