Sign in to follow this  
Derfel Cadarn

Your Redcoats Need YOU!

Another fabulous MOC. I love the detail in the buildings.

Again you continue to impress me, well done.

Amazing detail once again! :pir_laugh2:

How the hell do you get such a great moc done, barely two weeks after posting another amazing moc? You've got a good eye for Quality... But how do you work so fast?

Thanks for comments!

Amazing detail once again! :pir_laugh2:

How the hell do you get such a great moc done, barely two weeks after posting another amazing moc? You've got a good eye for Quality... But how do you work so fast?

I have a team of elfs who work day and night at my command :pir_laugh2:

This moc actually only took me 2 days, which was really down to the fact that I had a clear image and idea of what I was going to build, so I built the main bulk of it on the saturday and added the little details and figures on the sunday. Plus it helps that i have all my pieces organised which really does make things easier.

Thanks for comments!

I have a team of elfs who work day and night at my command :pir_laugh2:

This moc actually only took me 2 days, which was really down to the fact that I had a clear image and idea of what I was going to build, so I built the main bulk of it on the saturday and added the little details and figures on the sunday. Plus it helps that i have all my pieces organised which really does make things easier.

Elves and organization definately help... :pir-tongue:

But two days still seems pretty quick.

I love the upside down brown tile roof it looks really good.

The windows on the green building are nice, as are the dark green legs you used for detail.

Those elves of yours will have fun taking all those 1x1s off after you are done with this one.

I love the upside down brown tile roof it looks really good.

The windows on the green building are nice, as are the dark green legs you used for detail.

Those elves of yours will have fun taking all those 1x1s off after you are done with this one.

Thanks, as for those 1x1s, dont remind me, and they have seperate boxes for each colour! - A long and tiring process.

It's an amazing creation Derfel Cardarn! Great job!

The thing I really like is the roof with the rotated tiles. It looks very realistic.

The buildings are really nice, it looks like you are using a different style. :thumbup:

I'm impressed! :pir-sweet:

Great little port scene DC! Instantly recognizable because you used your signature 1 x 1 round plates (you need a 1 x 1 round tag :pir_laugh2: ). What I like most are the excellent color combinations you picked for the buildings. The roofs for the two white buildings on the sides really contrast well with the white and the different shades of green on one of buildings in the middle mix really well with the brown. And, although I don't like 'tubes' (the underside of bricks and plates) up, it certainly gives a nice effect the way you used those 1 x 8 tiles as a roof.

Again great stuff! I really like the dark tan roof. :pir-classic:

I'm wondering, do you have all your pirate MOCs still build up?

And will you put them in one shot all togheter?

Kind regards,

Teddy

Very nice!

You should have had little Posters with a Napoleonic Lord Kitchener on the front!

EDIT: I quickly made this using Hound Knights fantastic drawing of Col.Thok, He looks closest to a Redcoat Soldier.

BritonsYourcountryneedsyou.png

Edited by Joey Lock

I realy like all of your work! I can't stop watching your creations over and over again :D

And i have a question now for you. Do you keep your creations in one piece or you break them and use parts for other things again?

Or something like this:

redcoat.jpg

But remember: I'm still a bluecoat :pir-tongue:

And now something to Derfel's awesome creation:

Simply fantastic again! Countless great details in a very nice scene.

Seems like they don't have to be pressed this time :pir-classic:

Or something like this:

redcoat.jpg

His got a strangely human arm, A new piece coming out in 2010? :pir_laugh2:

His got a strangely human arm, A new piece coming out in 2010? :pir_laugh2:

ssh! don't tell anyone :pir_laugh2: No, but a lego hand wouldn't be very convincing because it can't point a finger :pir-classic:

Sorry for being off topic Derfel Cardarn, I won't do it again :pir-grin:

Thanks for all the comments!

Again great stuff! I really like the dark tan roof. :pir-classic:

I'm wondering, do you have all your pirate MOCs still build up?

And will you put them in one shot all togheter?

Kind regards,

Teddy

Thanks, I do have 3 of my module scenes still assembled, although ive taken a break from my coastline project as Ive wanted to build some smaller mocs. Im quite unsure how to go about things now, as each module costs a lot to build and takes a while to assemble the pieces. Plus theres quite a few moc ideas i want to try and its getting really tempting to dismantle them as it would give me so many more pieces. Im starting to think I should take them apart and then build just one module at a time, photo it then take it apart and build the next. Then join all the picTures together to show how the coastline looks. Probably be a lot less money and time consuming.

Very nice!

You should have had little Posters with a Napoleonic Lord Kitchener on the front!

EDIT: I quickly made this using Hound Knights fantastic drawing of Col.Thok, He looks closest to a Redcoat Soldier.

BritonsYourcountryneedsyou.png

Or something like this:

redcoat.jpg

But remember: I'm still a bluecoat :pir-tongue:

And now something to Derfel's awesome creation:

Simply fantastic again! Countless great details in a very nice scene.

Seems like they don't have to be pressed this time :pir-classic:

Thats exactly the image that inspired the name for this moc, as i happened to see the famous poster appear on TV as i was finishing the moc. Nice work on those posters guys! For King And Country always! :pir-classic:

DC

Thats exactly the image that inspired the name for this moc, as i happened to see the famous poster appear on TV as i was finishing the moc. Nice work on those posters guys! For King And Country always! :pir-classic:

What Programme?

I like it's just like legorski's Recruitment except bigger and less crowded.Forced enlistment is how most people do it these days.Doesn't just make you laugh whenever someone is drafted in their boxers(i should put that in my signature).

Edited by hawkrider