marcosbessa

MOC: Villa Maison (modular building)

Hi there!

Some weeks ago, I made a joke at flickr..... :P

4306319436_b5c25b0823_o.jpg

But didn't long much, cause I was caught soon!! :tongue:

Now I can finally present this digital MOC with a good rendered image. I have to thank to my friend Biczzz who had an incredible patience with me... He made all the changes I asked him to do from de original LDD model to the Ldraw version.... The render is awesome and this creation of mine has finally a good "photo"!

4353595676_0c1c74090f_b.jpg

I built this in LDD and it costs almost 400€ by LEGO Design By Me!! Yes..... I didn't buy it! :tongue:

If there's anyone that would like to build it in actual bricks, just ask for the LDD model! ;) I would love to see real photos of it!

It looks great if you ask me! :thumbup:

The way you've used the curved pieces is excellent and really makes the bulding look unique. The small balconies are great too and I particularly like the entrance! :wub:

Very well designed! :thumbup:

It would be great to see this MOC in flesh and bones bricks and tiles!

Great work marcosbessa!

I like it ,it is really interesting.Thats a nice efect using the leg bone parts for the balcony.

Gamer.

This is a great corner building! :thumbup: I'd buy it if it were an official set. Since it's no official set, I suppose it is quite expensive to get all the parts to build it.

What a great MOC! I love the striping at the top and bottom. It's very detailed, perhaps a bit too similar to Grand Emporium, but I could swear I've seen this around before!

You've done an excellent job! I wish I could buy it!

(...)

Any pics of the inside? Back of the box pics?...

No, the rendering process is too slow, so I just have this front main image..... :tongue:

If I ever built it, maybe I'll take some good photos and draw the complete art work for the box! ;)

(...) but I could swear I've seen this around before! (...)

Haven't you seen it at flickr went I uploaded the first "fake set" photo? Or at brickshelf when I did a first experience with the color scheme and the window design? (I've already deleated that photo from brickshelf...)

Anyway, thank you guys! ;)

The rendering and the design is really great!

And the color scheme is verry original, just using basic yellow green and white for the structure. :thumbup:

I like this a lot. :classic:

Kind regards,

Teddy

No, the rendering process is too slow, so I just have this front main image..... :tongue:

If I ever built it, maybe I'll take some good photos and draw the complete art work for the box! ;)

Haven't you seen it at flickr went I uploaded the first "fake set" photo? Or at brickshelf when I did a first experience with the color scheme and the window design? (I've already deleated that photo from brickshelf...)

Anyway, thank you guys! ;)

I don't hang around on flickr, but I really meant that I could swear I've seen this building in real life!

I'm surprised you haven't gotten your MOC expert badge yet! Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

It is excellent MOC and it surely deserves frontpaging!!!

Can you make the LDD file available for all of us, please? You have used some nice tricks and it would be nice to explore them. Thanks.

Awesome work Marcos, as usual :thumbup:

The way you made those curved corners looks great and the color scheme is a beauty to.

For curiosity sake, what did you use the make the gaps between the curved pieces?

I think about it the endless grey curves get a bit monotonous. What about alternating or every two with the blue-grey or darker grey? Or make the balconies and grey details a different tone of grey.

I wonder what it would look like with the brown tiles disappearing under the front steps.

I really like the wings at the top of the curved section.

Edited by gotoAndLego

Awesome modular, marcosbessa! I love the sleek curves and unique color scheme. I also love the selection of minifigs you included- the blind man, the police officer. If it was the the price of a regular modular, I would definitely buy it!

Very nice! Design is often "less is more" and you nalied it! But I feel the corner is a little to empty, perhaps som more ornament there and it will be perfect.

Edit: And perhaps a basment window in one place to make the building not to monotonous.

Keep it up! :classic:

Edited by Ferdik

It is a greta looking building but I do not know if LEGO would do a blind man. Your's does look excellent though. He is the only thing that would make me doubt it as a set. Very cool though.

Marcos this is a really nice creation. The blending of such basic colours works really well here. The white actually looks like grey stonework due to the green and yellow. Kind of the same way that sand green looks different on the GG when paired with tan and grey. All the lovely slopes on the corner work beautifully and the sidewalk is crazy. The rendering looks fantastic too.

Well done again. :classic:

Very nice ! :grin:

Love the colours - very early 1900's - the bone legs used as stiles on the outside - cool !

The footpath - pretty tiling ! :sweet:

I'll also ask is there an interior or not - because it would look AWESOME if you did !

I too don't think Lego would be a blind person though.

All in all an excellent MOC and you almost had me fooled when I saw this on flickr - to then read the posts below it - it was a MOC and AWESOME work - I'm a conformist! !! :grin:

Well, first of all thanks a lot to everyone for all these nice comments! :classic:

About the LDD file, anyone that would like to build this model or just look at it in a "different" angle, PM me with your e-mail.

Thanks also to TheBrickster for the "frontpaging" of this digital moc! ;)

I would definitly love to build this with real bricks and I'll try to! But now it's impossible, cause I'm working on two different "town" mocs and both are requiring a lot of investment! :sceptic:

After these two, I'll try to build this Villa Maison and I'll certainly will try to add it some nice interios... So no, it doesn't have any now.... It's not that easy to build on LDD, and after this big building, I was full of it! :tongue:

Curiously I'm also working on LDD to project another quite big MOC (biggest I'd ever thought about building...), but about this it will take much more time till I can tell anything more concrete.

Cheers! :thumbup: