Ah, but I'm sure I can figure out how to build it using your parts list, the instructions for the red version, and your beautiful renders above ;-) Unless you dramatically changed things!

OK, I have put a Brickstore parts list in a temporary location here. Feel free to download it. I made my CAD file by looking at vsync's photos, so you may want to start there as well. There are a lot of changes to the door, the rear fenders, and the hood. I have not built it in real bricks yet, so there may be more. My conversion to the servo involves even more changes.

I "finished" building the blue version this weekend. It is not quite finished due to the fact that LEGO has not sent me the servos I ordered yet, so the changes are all cosmetic rather than mechanical. I think the front end and the doors worked out really well. One big change is that the panels immediately aft of the door are now part of the door instead of being independently attached to the chassis. The part I like the least is the rear quarter panels. The lack of the properly fitting blue panels means that there is a lot of empty space back there, and there is no structrual attachment between the rear end (which swivels open at the bumper) and the rear window. Only the flex axles hold it together. Not exactly ideal, but I love the blue. Hopefully I will be able to improve it as more parts become available. I seem to recall that the 5x11 panels may be available in blue this year which would help the hood, but what I really need are the 11x3 curved, #3, #4, #17, and #18. If anyone has any ideas on how to improve the integration of the rear, I'd be happy to hear them.

800x598.jpg

800x598.jpg

I "finished" building the blue version this weekend. It is not quite finished due to the fact that LEGO has not sent me the servos I ordered yet, so the changes are all cosmetic rather than mechanical. I think the front end and the doors worked out really well. One big change is that the panels immediately aft of the door are now part of the door instead of being independently attached to the chassis. The part I like the least is the rear quarter panels. The lack of the properly fitting blue panels means that there is a lot of empty space back there, and there is no structrual attachment between the rear end (which swivels open at the bumper) and the rear window. Only the flex axles hold it together. Not exactly ideal, but I love the blue. Hopefully I will be able to improve it as more parts become available. I seem to recall that the 5x11 panels may be available in blue this year which would help the hood, but what I really need are the 11x3 curved, #3, #4, #17, and #18. If anyone has any ideas on how to improve the integration of the rear, I'd be happy to hear them.

Looks very nice! How much did it cost to make the conversion?

Looks very nice! How much did it cost to make the conversion?

I don't keep track of that kind of information because my wife might use it against me. It was a substantial number of blue parts, many of which are rare, so the cost was significant. However, I now have a surplus of red parts which were removed that I'm sure will find another home.

If I simply subtract the parts list of the original model from the blue model to see the difference, Brickstore tells me that the conversion would cost ~$110 USD at average Bricklink prices. A big portion of that is the servo. On the other hand, the value of the parts being removed from the red model is ~$80, so the conversion to blue adds about $30 in value.