Sign in to follow this  
Aquila D'oro

Lego Digital Designer Question

I'm about to redesigning my flagship The Aquila D'oro and I'm using the LDD (Lego Digital Designer) program before i start buying any specific parts, however i was wondering if its possible to import the old brown hull sections (the ones used in the late 80's -early 90's ships) as it would be useful to have the bow and stern to build up from (mid sections aren't so necessary) - does any one know where i can download/import these from?

Unfortunately there is a somewhat limited selection of parts in LDD. You will probably have more luck with MLCad or similar. But just in case I'm wrong, I'll move this to the General LEGO section and we'll see what others say about it. :pir-classic:

The only way I've ever found to use parts not already on the LEGO Digital Designer program is to open a LEGO Digital Designer file (.lxf) from a previous version of the program with a different parts selection. The parts will (from my experience) load correctly, but you will not be able to submit the model to LEGO DesignByMe.

Regardless, I don't think the old boat hulls were ever available on LEGO Digital Designer. So I don't think there's any way I can help in that respect.

Like the others have said, it is impossible to bring older parts into Digital Designer. However, if you go with another program that uses LDRAW (such as MLCAD or SR3D Builder), then you will have access to practically every part created.

Like the others have said, it is impossible to bring older parts into Digital Designer. However, if you go with another program that uses LDRAW (such as MLCAD or SR3D Builder), then you will have access to practically every part created.

Better still, even in colors LEGO never made 'em in...

Better still, even in colors LEGO never made 'em in...

But what is the advantage of that? Digital LEGO is IMO pathetic in comparison to the real stuff, so I only see digital LEGO having a purpose in being blueprints for a real model/layout. This makes me wonder what you would want to use parts that never existed for. But each to their own I suppose, just my 2c.