benny

7641 crossover with 10185---super city corner

I used all facilities e.g. bicycle shop, pizza shop and bus stop into 10185 style. The shop keeper also repair the bicycle near the shop. At 1/F, it is the pizza restaurant. Two chiefs are working in kitchen. Two uniform staffs also assist to deliver the pizza to their customers. At 2/F, it is a store room and resting room.

A man draws the word on the wall at the back of building.

p2083227.jpg

p2083211.jpg

p2083212.jpg

p2083207.jpg

p2083210.jpg

p2083214.jpg

p2083215.jpg

p2083216.jpg

p2083218.jpg

p2083220.jpg

p2083221.jpg

p2083222.jpg

p2083224.jpg

p2083225.jpg

p2083226.jpg

Great MOC benny. I really like your modularized version of 7641. I like the way you've integrated the bike shop and added a workshop with a rolling door. The pizza place on the first floor is also really well done (the bay window looks a little too modern to me though). Excellent work overall! :classic:

Very nice work benny! :thumbup:

You've managed to "mix" the two sets in a very good way, ending in a very interesting result. Green Grocer looks more "city-oriented" set-wise, something that I like.

You've even included a classic motorcycle. :wub:

What I really like the most is the busy atmosphere :sweet: . Many minifigs, lots of activities taking place, just like a real city street.

Ver nice colour selection too. :thumbup:

I like the multipurpose feel of the building. It really looks like it fits with the GG and the modular buildings. I never would have thought of the break room/storage room (I have never worked much retail), nice way to use the limited space at the top.

As someone (me) who is trying to get into MOC to go along with my new GG (my first LEGO set in almost 25 years), can you give me a little rundown in how you built this. Did you buy a set (the Fire Brigade) and use that to build a majority of it? Did you design it and then buy pieces to match? Or are you someone who has a huge AFOL collection that you use to create structures like this? It doesn't need to be an essay, just trying to get a basic feel for how buildings like yours are constructed. Thanks.

Really like the building, seems like a nice addition to any neighborhood.

I like the multipurpose feel of the building. It really looks like it fits with the GG and the modular buildings. I never would have thought of the break room/storage room (I have never worked much retail), nice way to use the limited space at the top.

As someone (me) who is trying to get into MOC to go along with my new GG (my first LEGO set in almost 25 years), can you give me a little rundown in how you built this. Did you buy a set (the Fire Brigade) and use that to build a majority of it? Did you design it and then buy pieces to match? Or are you someone who has a huge AFOL collection that you use to create structures like this? It doesn't need to be an essay, just trying to get a basic feel for how buildings like yours are constructed. Thanks.

Really like the building, seems like a nice addition to any neighborhood.

Thanks everyones' comments!

For the rolling door, i think the big bicycle shop should have this style door for security.

For the crossover with 7641 and 10185, 7641 's structure is too small, it is not ease to match the big size building e.g. 10182 and 10185. In this case, i make it bigger. I like the 80s motorcar so much.

For the building of this style structure, i like to make the G/F and 1/F first. Then i will observe the color is matched or not. If any problem was found, i will amend it. If it has no any problem in G/F and 1/F, i will then make the 2/F and roof. The internal design will be made finally.

Oh! I still don't have 10197 in this time, i will buy it in Feb. 2010.

Edited by benny

I just noticed the handcuffs being used as a bicycle lock/chain... :laugh: Very inventive...

Ah 'Benny' what can I say but one word 'AWESOME !' :grin:

I especially love the bike shop, the awning on the front is excellent, love to use that idea at some stage. :grin:

The pizza bar is also excellent, hey tell that kid with the spary can that somebody else has that tag ! :laugh:

That little scooter with a young HP on it is cool too !

The colours on the bus are different too, sweet ! :sweet:

'Benny' a fantastic job you have done here, I'm a conformist! ! :laugh:

Excellent MOC! :thumbup: Love how you've combined the 7641 design in the great modular style, I especially like the Pizzeria's interior and the rest room idea :wink: BTW, I see some inspiration in the exterior graffiti :tongue:

Edited by BlueBard

Interesting, been working on something close to this but in a non modular way and also including the shop from 7633

But you have given me some ideas that I would not of thought of with out seeing this.

Great work mate, Its sets like this that make me restart something to make it better.

Interesting, been working on something close to this but in a non modular way and also including the shop from 7633

But you have given me some ideas that I would not of thought of with out seeing this.

Great work mate, Its sets like this that make me restart something to make it better.

To sebby: Great! I am happy to make you to develop the new idea.

To Rick: Well! You have very good observable to see this detail (lock and chain on bicycle)

Edited by benny

Nice idea and build. It feels like a busy street in Hong Kong with all those minifigs everywhere.

I'm really impressed by this. Good concept, great execution!