ZueriHB

ZueriHB's Train MOCs

traintech1.jpg

peterab asked for my MOCs, so here I post those which are in a presentable format.

Oelktrain_001.png

I created the Re 450 from the S-Bahn Zürich once in LDraw, it wasn't only my first train MOC, it was my first LEGO train ever.

I'll upload images from LDD at a later date.

Original Loco:

re450.jpg

Also, currently I try to create a Ae 4/7 out of two Emerald Nights, progress halted, it was too high. Have to restart cunstruction.

19549_272416508518_680863518_3346601_4061774_n.jpg

Orignal Loco (the second is just turned around, not different):

800px-Ae_4-7_Testfahrt_r4c.jpg

More to come.

Not bad designs so far 'ZueriHB' not bad at all. :classic:

The first is very nice, colours spot on !

The second is going to look awesome on completion, as you are correct in the height issue too !

I'm a conformist! 'ZueriHB' ! :classic:

Greuzi, von Wetzikon (auch in Schnee).

Some nice MOC's - although the new Bombardier S15 series and Voralpen Express could be interesting MOC's. Im also planning a couple of swiss based train stations - have to start digital first though as the wife might complain. The lounge is already overflowing.

Im thinking of a way to make proper opening / sliding doors for the S-trains (blue red). Not solved it yet.

Greuzi, von Wetzikon (auch in Schnee).

Some nice MOC's - although the new Bombardier S15 series and Voralpen Express could be interesting MOC's. Im also planning a couple of swiss based train stations - have to start digital first though as the wife might complain. The lounge is already overflowing.

Im thinking of a way to make proper opening / sliding doors for the S-trains (blue red). Not solved it yet.

Greetings back (currently in Baar, erm Rotkreuz). Bombardier S15? Which are those? Talent? And Voralpen Express would be interesting indeed, but with Container Locos or Bobo?

Sliding doors like on trains is not easily done in LEGO. It's simple for Sci-Fi style doors (think Star Wars or Star Trek). Did you try these (I used those for the 'sicken' look-a-like on the Re 450).

@lightningtiger: It's not that hard with MLCAD, every piece of LEGO is available in every color imaginable. I imported it in LDD recently and had to redo almost everything, especially the front, it's now ready for PF.

EDIT: I redid the post.

Edited by ZueriHB

peterab asked for my MOCs, so here I post those which are in a presentable format.

I'm glad I asked, your Mocs are very interesting, especially the second one.

That Re 450 certainly is a nice rendering. I like the slanted front end design. Looking forward to seeing more of your creations ZHB.

That Re 450 certainly is a nice rendering. I like the slanted front end design. Looking forward to seeing more of your creations ZHB.

I hope you like the changes I had to made to rebuild it in LDD. If anyone wan'ts the LDD-File and look at it, let me know.

LDDScreenShot1.jpg

My first FLIRT-Design:

LDDScreenShot3.jpg

and my second approach, the roof is too flat, I know.

LDDScreenShot2.jpg

Really nice trains ZueriHB! :thumbup:

I really like the first one in your first post, it looks nice and simple. :classic:

Also the third train in your latest post looks very nice.

Nice job on all these! :sweet:

CommanderFox

Nice!

Nice to see an another FLIRT design! FLIRTs comes from Switzerland and after your Train Tech registry I "expected" a FLIRT design from you!

De you plan to build it in reality too?

(You can find my Stadler FLIRT in my signature, it's running in Hungary.)

Nice!

Nice to see an another FLIRT design! FLIRTs comes from Switzerland and after your Train Tech registry I "expected" a FLIRT design from you!

De you plan to build it in reality too?

(You can find my Stadler FLIRT in my signature, it's running in Hungary.)

Yeah, I hope a can visit Busnang in March (That's where the FLIRTs come from), and I saw yours already, but was just lurking back then. And as you see, I try a little different approach (I want to sit little Battle Droids / Minifigs inside).

And I really want to build it in reality too. Also the DPZ (Re 450 incl. some wagons). I'm currently deciding which with (FLIRT is a 7 wide) and lengh (to scale or to LEGO-scale i.e shorten).

Feel free to use my ideas for your trains. The FLIRT's front is quite hard to do. I may try the inside instead ;) (btw: I know the inside better than the outside of a FLIRT cab).

Finished my LDD Flirt. It may contain a receiver and a battery box (LiPo), but it doesn't feater a motor (yet).

LDDScreenShot5.jpg

and some roof details, and yes, there is no cable hidden ;p.

LDDScreenShot6.jpg

I was able to import it into MLCad and render it with POV-Ray, no advanced options, as I'm unable to acquire the LDRAW radiosity tools.

FLIRT.jpg

Edited by ZueriHB

Hi,

I've seen your last post two days ago, but when I tried to reply, board switxhed to offline.

But now I could login from my school.

This FLIRT looks good, but there are some little problems with it (I think it's problem):

~Windows above the boogies seems a bit small (but I think they cannot be replaced without losing the black design)

~Train door windows are small, too. Why don't you try use SNOT technique by the doors?

~Running: I think it is too long to run on standard train tracks. To check this, build in reality the base of the train, and do some test with it. Incraesing the axles' distance at each boogie incraese the maximum length of the train, too. (That's why I use 3 studs between my wheels on my train).

And others? It's a very good looking train (the color scheme is great), and I'm waiting to see it in reality!

Hi,

I've seen your last post two days ago, but when I tried to reply, board switxhed to offline.

But now I could login from my school.

This FLIRT looks good, but there are some little problems with it (I think it's problem):

~Windows above the boogies seems a bit small (but I think they cannot be replaced without losing the black design)

~Train door windows are small, too. Why don't you try use SNOT technique by the doors?

~Running: I think it is too long to run on standard train tracks. To check this, build in reality the base of the train, and do some test with it. Incraesing the axles' distance at each boogie incraese the maximum length of the train, too. (That's why I use 3 studs between my wheels on my train).

And others? It's a very good looking train (the color scheme is great), and I'm waiting to see it in reality!

Thanks for your constructive feedback.

I'll have to try some SNOT-technics on the small windows (over boogie and doors) as I don't really like it at the moment.

And I'll try that with bigger boogies, at least that's easy to change.. I hope there is enough clearance between boogie and carriage.

Oh, btw, here some pictures of the prototype, different liveries for different regions, but intermixed and compatible. My motivation was the left one of the Stadtbahn Zug, may try the second to, it may be from or for Basel, but are frequently seen in Zug too (Both trains in the pictures where then in service for the Stadtbahn Zug).

370666981_e1902001f1.jpg3656920922_19e78a483c.jpg

And I'll try that with bigger boogies, at least that's easy to change.. I hope there is enough clearance between boogie and carriage.

I'm waiting for the pictures. :)

And some Stadler FLIRT history:

The prototype of the FLIRT was the "GTW". GTW was designed for the Oberaargau-Solothurn-Seeland-Transport's tender. The requirements was the following:

-max. 400mm height of floor

-at least 2/3 low floor section

Stadler FLIRTs were designed from GTW.

Image: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...-06-25_4528.jpg

I'm waiting for the pictures. :)

And some Stadler FLIRT history:

The prototype of the FLIRT was the "GTW". GTW was designed for the Oberaargau-Solothurn-Seeland-Transport's tender. The requirements was the following:

-max. 400mm height of floor

-at least 2/3 low floor section

Stadler FLIRTs were designed from GTW.

Image: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...-06-25_4528.jpg

And you post a picture of the Seetaler GTW the second most despicable EMU I know of in Switzerland (the first beeing the SIEMENS DTZ).

Also, the FLIRT was primary designed for the Stadtbahn Zug. And the SPATZ of the Zentral Bahn is a hybrid between both.

And here an unusual picture for you.

Finally came around to change the windows and doors to brickbuilt. (Now not that many parts missing from the MyFactory).

LDDScreenShot7.jpg

And maybe try to fit the new Train Motor on each end. Those have the same dimensions than the old 9V, right?

Did some more work in LDD for my Re 450, added some waggons, tried to approach it in different ways, which one I should do the whole train in?

LDDScreenShot8.jpgLDDScreenShot11.jpg

And as I ordered myself a Cargo Railway, and use RC Tracks, I tried to mod it with power functions. Sadly one passenger compartment is lost:

LDDScreenShot9.jpgLDDScreenShot10.jpg

And where the postal box was, I put the IR receiver, and used panels to route the cable around it.

4865.gif

At the front, where a 1x4 yellow plate was used, it can easily replaced with an old electrical 1x4 plate to get acces to the 9V port and the new extension cable can be used to attach it to the IR receiver, there are already openings for the cable with the standard instructions.

Didn't try to fit a minifig in there (yet).

Edited by ZueriHB

<Edit based on rereading the post>

Adding PF to the old cargo trains is somewhat more complicated... but looks good.

For the RE415 - definitely the first carriage looks more appropriate. Or if you want to hit Bricklink... there are some other glass panels which could work...

Edited by roamingstudio

Did some more work in LDD for my Re 450, added some waggons, tried to approach it in different ways, which one I should do the whole train in?

The first car (the one with the steering-cab) looks better to me. I would personally go with that.

The first car (the one with the steering-cab) looks better to me. I would personally go with that.

Like this?

LDDScreenShot14.jpg

Prototype:

800px-SBB_Re_450_beim_Rapperswiler_Seedamm.jpg

Like this?

Exactly... but needs another window in the middle of each carriage to get the proportions right... or leave as is to be in Lego Scale...?

And the trailing engine needs to also be lifted slightly to get the same height level... possibly with the angle pieces.

Edited by roamingstudio

Exactly... but needs another window in the middle of each carriage to get the proportions right... or leave as is to be in Lego Scale...?

And the trailing engine needs to also be lifted slightly to get the same height level... possibly with the angle pieces.

I leave it at Lego Scale, and the (actual leading) engine is slightly smaller than the carriages, but I agree that it seems too small in comparison.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

The rendering of that first train is brilliant. Excellent quality as well.

Like this?

Yeah, exactly like that.

That looks pretty sweet. The other one looked a bit too flat on top, like the passengers would bump their heads while sitting down. They won't have that problem now (or maybe they do, depending on how you built the roof, but it doesn't look like they would. :P).

And placed next to the real one they look far more alike now than if you'd used the flat-top style.

Edited by Melfice

Finally came around to change the windows and doors to brickbuilt. (Now not that many parts missing from the MyFactory).

LDDScreenShot7.jpg

And maybe try to fit the new Train Motor on each end. Those have the same dimensions than the old 9V, right?

I don't want to say it but the previous FLIRT design was much more better!

1. Doors: you can't avoid to build it with SNOT technique. The two wings of the doors are typical, you can't subsitute it with one window!

2. Windows: the black strip around the windows diseappear, your train won't be similar to the original one.

I think you should continue the previous modell, changing the whole front of the train!

Edited by Ashi Valkoinen