sonicstarlight

MOC: My first modular building

indexed.gif B-OM-1D

Hello all!

This is my first post on this board. For more on my story, please feel free to visit my post here.

I bought the Medieval Market Village with the intention of turning it into a CC style modular. After building it based on the official instructions, I liked it so much that I had a hard time taking it apart. I finally bit the bullet a few weeks ago and started the creation of my first MOC. Without further ado, here it is.

I wanted to keep a lot of elements from the MMV relatively intact, but still put my own spin on it.

4335447380_ccd9d4a03e.jpg

I really wanted to use the brick built rooster from the set, so I made it into a weather vane.

4335448100_9b090ef0ae.jpg

The first floor is a fairly simple little pub, with a dart board (barely visible here)...

4335448834_a57c40d3f1.jpg

... and a jukebox.

4334705977_1879ea2a87.jpg

The top two floors are an apartment. Here is the second floor.

4334706427_d2c407013d.jpg

The foosball table was meant for the first floor, but things were too cramped as is. I liked how it turned out, so I moved it to the second floor.

4334706843_159071237d.jpg

The third floor is equally empty. I kept the bed and dresser for the MMV assembled and placed them on this floor.

4335451142_538a261af0.jpg

Finally, here is is with the official sets. I wanted this one to blend in seamlessly to the block.

4334709357_000b347b11.jpg

Final shot.

4334710029_a015299b3a.jpg

Apologies for the photography. I hope to someday have a better set up to take pictures. You can see more shots in my Flickr folder here.

Any questions and comments are very welcome! Thank you for looking!

This is an awesome MOC. I really like how you've managed to keep the character of MMV for the building's exterior. The interior has some really nice elements as well, like the jukebox, the foosball table, and the bar stools. Excellent job! :classic:

How Many MMV's did you use? I had similar - but different - MOC plans. When they arrive. Now I have some inspiration.

This is an awesome MOC. I really like how you've managed to keep the character of MMV for the building's exterior. The interior has some really nice elements as well, like the jukebox, the foosball table, and the bar stools. Excellent job! :classic:

Thank you Rick! I have been visiting Classic-Town.net daily since I discovered it, so this means a lot to have such kind words from yourself!

How Many MMV's did you use? I had similar - but different - MOC plans. When they arrive. Now I have some inspiration.

Just one, actually. I needed about 6 Bricklink orders, mostly just for bricks, plates, and tiles, but I did need a few more windows and the like. I had nearly the entire front facade constructed just from the MMV parts.

I also took apart my 6754 Family Home for a lot of the tan bricks. The chimney was a result of wanting to use up the leftovers from that.

I love it! I like all the small details, especially the lanterns with the flames. I like the balcony and the foosball table too :thumbup:

:oh:

This is amazing! What a great creation you've made there sonicstarlight!

It really reminds me of some old buildings that are still been used after some renovation. I really like the fact that the design and the look of it is different from the other modulars. All the colours blend great together and the windows from the MMV work just great! :thumbup:

The small details such as the balcony, the hanging flower pots and the rooster on the weather vane are a thing to admire for sure!

The interior is also great! The juke box and the dart board in the pub are a great addition and my personal favourite is the foosball table! :sweet: It turned out very realistic!

Overall, absolutely beautiful creation!

OMG This is AWESOME 'sonicstarlight', AWESOME ! :laugh:

The jukebox, soccer table, the bar and still room to add people having a good to time !

Man, you are good - no, you are a GENIUS and a real lego artist ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! 'sonicstarlight' I'm a conformist! !!! :grin:

Excellent work, really! :cry_happy: Love how you mixed the MM felling with modular style in such a fantastic way, and what to say about the interiors? BRAVO! :thumbup:

Thank you for the kind words 'prateek', 'lightningtiger', and 'BlueBard'!

:oh:

This is amazing! What a great creation you've made there sonicstarlight!

It really reminds me of some old buildings that are still been used after some renovation.

At least here in New York, buildings in the Tudor Revival style like this are actually fairly common. One of the most famous planned communities in Queens, Forest Hills Gardens, is a great example of the style.

I'm surprised there isn't more crossover from the Castle sets to the Town MOCs, as there is a historic precedent for buildings like this.

I'm pinching the idea for that juke box!

Here are a few more shots to help you out then.

4337176129_ee740292ef.jpg

4337176395_ffc7dc2301.jpg

4337920472_3f49cbc81f.jpg

Absolutely love the interior, esp. the fooseball table and jukebox. Those are quite clever indeed! This modular definitely has a European-look to it with your choice of windows and the brown ground floor. Overall, a very nice modular - although I don't see the Fire Brigade in your line-up.

Beautiful Moc, lots of details and little neat touches. Well done!! :thumbup:

Btw, I'm stealing that foosball table idea..... :tongue:

Overall, a very nice modular - although I don't see the Fire Brigade in your line-up.

I think my Fire Brigade got lost in the mail :sad: . It was supposed to be here early January. Might have to pick one up when I go to get the Grand Emporium.

Are you sure you tried to make it a CC style building? To me it looks more like the Green Grocer with the staircase design and 2 doors.

Yeah, I should have said CC 'standard' rather than 'style'. It follows all the requirements, although the bay window would look awkward if you stacked 2 second floors.

I actually tried to make it less like the Green Grocer in the beginning. I ended up switching the side the tower element ended up on, and now it does mirror the GG more than I was first hoping.

Also, to anyone interested, I did create the foosball table in LDD and can upload the model if anyone wants it. It isn't very sturdy, but does hold together on its own.

I love the foosball table and the jukebox, and especcialy the bar and exteriors are very well made.

I would have placed more furniture though, like a small table and stools (or a cough) on the second floor and a small bathroom/toilet room on the upper level. But that's just me of course.

THANKS for sharing.

Wow I love it! Everything in it is good, I really like the foosball table and the exterior of the building. It's interesting how you built something mostly with a set from a different theme, good job! :thumbup:

Amazing work! I've been wanting to do a castle-themed CC MOC for a while, and this model does it perfectly.

While I love the Foosball table and jukebox, I have to say my favorite parts are the bar flooring and your bay window method! Those tiles work perfectly to cover the gaps between the windows. I will definitely be stealing that for a future model.

Good job on your first MOC! I hope to see many more from you.

Wow, great job. :thumbup: I wish you would upload instructions on how to make the foosball table and jukebox. If only it was a real lego set. :cry_happy: although my lego money stash isn't big enought to buy it. anyway great job on it :classic:

That is absolutely awesome, I love the whole look and design, the juke box and foosball table are great too.

Edited by Aussie Tahu Nuva

I was recently searching the intertubes for pics to model a pub on and I think you have captured the essence of a pub wonderfully. The foosball table is such a nice touch and the whole place looks ready for a bunch of regulars to come in for a pint (with the new unbreakable glasses I hope). :wink:

This is a really great idea you have had.

Even based on the pieces, but also in the way you made this, you can say what set most of the pieces came from.

So many great details everywhere. Specially like your idea of using the "chess" board from SW MF as a dart board.

Your soccertable and jukebow is also very, very nice.

On the photo you took together with CC and GG it looks like this house is a very old one. Nice touch!

I love the building but I love the foosball table and jukebox even more. The jukebox is jst genious. It is the perfect sieze adn everything!!