Sign in to follow this  
reload

Travel Bug Corproate Logo Mosaic

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hi guys, now that the posse firmly has me entrenched here on Eurobricks, i thought i would show my latest project (after the Airbus A380 - Eurobricks post link )

I was contacted by a company just prior to brickvention to do thier corporate logo as a studs out mosaic.

Anyways here it is with a picture of the target image next to it.

4333482653_89597a2cd2_b.jpg

It has some sections not filled in as these are screw to board points which get covered by plates when mounted.

The large grey area to the right is where some of the company name / writing goes, not very exciting but hey, they pay they get whatever they want.

The mosiac itself provided no significant challenges apart from the colour selections, i.e the bug's underbelly, whereby a combo of Salmon and Sand red would have worked ok, but we all know about those parts, lol.

So anyways enjoy

cheers

Ryan

Flickrlink: Flickr Photo gallery

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Pretty good hope to see the final version.

Thanks to David Boddy (bodville Here on eurobricks) he gave me some advice on how to timelapse shoot stuff.

So i had a small corporate job to do over the wekeend, so just as test i shot it.

the lighting sucks i know, but as it was only a test and not for the client, it doesnt bother me too much.

(and yes, how simple is thier logo to do!)

cheers

Ryan

Wow, incredible work, Ryan. Just... wow.

Two questions- How long does it take you to build one of these? And, if you don't mind me asking, how much do they pay you for it? Anyways, you are a great builder; keep it up!

Wow, incredible work, Ryan. Just... wow.

Two questions- How long does it take you to build one of these? And, if you don't mind me asking, how much do they pay you for it? Anyways, you are a great builder; keep it up!

This small mosaic only took 2 hours, plus about an hour of prep time, not that long.

The cost depends on a few variables, this client is a good repeat customer, ive done a bit of work for them, custom sets they have given to clients with printed bricks, a hundred custom minifigs with their details printed on them, amongst other stuff, so i tend to look after them, plus they are nice guys so that helps.

Also the colours of the bricks used etc.

this instance was cost of materials plus my time, so it didnt cost a whole heap.

I have a really big mosaic to do over the easter break, its going to take a few days, its 4x4 48stud baseplates in size, with a whole variety of colours and detail, i am also going to time lapse photograph it, as its going to be a beauty, i will post the results here.

again a big thanks to David Boddy for the tips and pointers in the filming, i just wish i had have met him sooner as i would have timelapsed my airbus A380 hehehehee

Wow, a really nice mosaic, I cant believe that it only takes a total of 3 hours to do! I know usually on my mocs I'm still lookin for pieces 4 or 5 hours later :tongue: I love how you made it pretty much exactly like the picture, I can see the company is getting their moneys worth. Good job, and keep bricking :thumbup:

Hi Everyone,

Another Corporate Proof of concept this time for a TV station.

here is a pic and the link to the you tube video.

You will note, that i didnt do a purple centre square (all my purple bricks are in another customer project right now, and im waiting on a bricklink order, also the logo in the bottom right corner isnt correct, as im awaiting metalic silver bricks to do it properly)

anyways here you go:

4485170588_1d787af0a6_b.jpg