Sign in to follow this  
pedro

Jedi Duel - The Chosen One Tournament sign-up

jd-logocot.png

cot-logo.png

The prophecy of the Chosen One... an ancient legend of unknown origin that foretells the coming of a powerful being who will restore balance to the Force.

For those of the valiant Jedi Order the Chosen One is a champion who will arise to destroy the Sith, restoring the natural balance of the Force and finally freeing it from the tainting presence of the dark side.

But for the evil Sith, wielders of the dark side, they would see this balance corrupted and destroyed. Through violence and death their own Chosen One would rise, purging all Jedi from the galaxy and casting the light into darkness.

Now in this age of strife these two eternal enemies will clash once again. Many will fall... but finally one shall stand of who the prophecy has spoken. Finally there will be...

...a Chosen One!

Welcome to the sign-up for the first Jedi Duel tournament!

Called The Chosen One Tournament, its meaning in the Star Wars universe is well known amongst fans and because in this tournament there can be only one who fulfils this prophecy.

Rules Summary

The tournament will follow one of two formats:

• The tournament will be divided into several stages. In each stage a character will be drawn against another - at first randomly - their duel determining a winner who will proceed to the next stage to face another winner from the previous stage. The final duel will pit two champions against each other and determine the winner of the tournament. The tournament follows the set-up of traditional tournaments - I’ll post a diagram with it’s format soon. Once sign-ups are complete and I’ve randomly drawn the characters for the first stage of duels, a tournament thread will be posted with this diagram complete with the names of its competitors, full and additional rules. Each stage will have its own thread for ease of play and reference. Every game from one stage must be played before progressing to the next. I will decide when the next stage officially begins. This style of tournament can only accept 16 or 32 players to play.
  • The tournament will follow a league table format with every Jedi and Sith competeing against each other, gaining points for winning or drawing. A league table will be kept up to date with all games that have been played and players can see how they are progressing compared to their fellow competitors. Once sign-ups are complete players can challenge or choose who they play but can only play each other player once within the tournament. The tournament ends when all players have played each other and the final scores determine the winning Chosen One and runner up. in the case of a tied points for first or second position deciding duels will be played.

Any further questions and discussion relating to the tournament can be answered here until the tournament thread opens. Please ask any questions relating to the rules in the Introduction & Discussion thread.

Helpful Jedi Duel Links

Introduction and Discussion - Jedi Duel rules, Q&A

Character Databank - Post your Jedi and Sith characters here

Dueling Thread - Where the non-tournament duels take place

Prizes

The Chosen One will not only gain acclaim throughout the galaxy, earning them the honour of adding ‘The Chosen One’ to their character profile, but they will also get to choose a prize from the following:

cot-prizes.png

• Captain Rex minifig - MINT from my own collection with sealed accessories bag. One shown for illustrative purposes only.
  • 8084 Snowtrooper Army Pack - MISB

Fortunately for the valiant runner-up, they’ll receive whichever prize the Chosen One does not choose!

Sign-ups

Anyone can sign-up for entry to the tournament providing they meet the following conditions:

• Entrants must have a complete Jedi Duel character. This includes photograph and biography. One character per player only.
  • Entrants must be Eurobricks members from on or before 1st February.
  • Competitors intend to play every duel they are drawn to fight for the duration of the tournament. Non-responsive competitors will be disqualified and a reserve character substituted in their place.

Eurobricks staff can also sign up as I am not affiliated with them directly but can expect no special treatment! I will not take part for obvious reasons.

In your sign-up post, please include your character’s name and rank – you can amend your posted rank if you rank-up while this thread is open. I’ll ask the staff to close this thread when I feel there has been enough replies. Please note the following tournament conditions:

• In the interest of creating a challenging tournament , preference will be given to players whose characters have attained higher rank than others.
  • Players can rank-up during the tournament playing a tournament match or by playing in the dueling thread during the tournament.

Cheating

I’m expecting this to be kept clean and FUN! I keep a close eye on the character Bios and duels as do many of our fellows. Cheating should be reported. Anyone found cheating will be liable for instant disqualification. My word (and that of the staff) is FINAL.

And...

Thanks again to Dragonator for letting me host Jedi Duel and this, The Chosen One Tournament, here on Eurobricks. Thanks too to those who have played and supported this game so much already – you know who you are!

Finally, let me stress that to give your character the best chance of surviving through the tournament you should attempt to rank them as high as possible or else you’ll be easy pickings for a more experience character... and we don’t want to make it that easy, huh?! Good luck!

chosen-sm.jpg

Edited by pedro

I would like to sign up for this tournament. My character name is Eskallon and I am a Jedi Master.(The highest rank)

Edited by Eskallon

i have travled the galaxy for this challenge, sign me up. By the way when do you think it will start?

By the way when do you think it will start?

The tournament will begin soon after 32 players sign up.

4258279530_060e549096.jpg

Jedi Master/ Secret Agent Jim Butcher is ready!

Thanks for hosting this, Pedro, it looks like a lot of fun! Sweet prizes too, hopefully more players will join with the added incentive. There's not even 32 active players yet...

Dude, no way 32 people are going to sign up. Make it a time limit, half the people aren't active most of the time anyway.

P.S.

Squidsaber shall compete for the title!

I will sign up. I will use Dak Penin for my character

I know I may have not been that active I the Dueling thread but with the different time zones it hard to find someone to duel and adjudicate at the same time.

Err.... Darth Wei-Gei is up for it? :grin: At least waiting for 32 people to sign up gives me time to rank up...

...no way 32 people are going to sign up.

Well I'm hoping so. Sign-ups only started yesterday!

The tournament table is based around 32 players starting in the 1st stage. If we can only get a limited number people to play then I'll alter the style of tournament.

Until then, I'd much rather wait and see who else signs up, if it takes a little longer that's fine by me. Be patient! I want the prizes to be earned, not given away - they're from my own collection afterall. :classic:

Kaita Serrian, unranked youngling will sign up (though she'll probably be squished in the first round...)

Jedi knight Lhi Kadhar has just signed up for this tournament .
Here's my character. :classic:

Atdzimis Diena, a Miraluka sith

Guys, I'm pretty sure you need to have a character first. You post them here.

It's great to see some new-joiners, though. :sweet:

Cheers JB. I've edited the first post with some helpful links. I'll make sure they're on the other Jedi Duel threads too. :sweet:

Guys, I'm pretty sure you need to have a character first. You post them here.

It's great to see some new-joiners, though. :sweet:

Ohh sorry and I will do.

Thanks, pedro, that is helpful so the rules are convenient.

One question, will you be adjudicating every duel, or will it apply normally?

Atdzimis Diena, a Miraluka sith Acolyte

Force Abilities

Force choke

Force Lightning

Mastery Abilities

Sabre Master

Er... I think it's worth pointing out that you start out as a youngling with no force or mastery abilities...

One question, will you be adjudicating every duel, or will it apply normally?

Er... I think it's worth pointing out that you start out as a youngling with no force or mastery abilities...

I will be adjudicating but anyone else can as per normal. I will be keeping track of who's dueling or dueled who and updatein the tournament table.

And that's right, if you're sigining up for Jedi Duel for the first time, you have to play the game to gain rank! Read over the rules so you have a good understanding. :wink:

Sorry but I did change it.

You should start the tourny soon, it's been almost a week.

so long as Bounty Hunter doesn't sign up I may have a chance...

Sign in to follow this