marshal_banana

Rebel frontline on Hoth MOC

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hi there!

I build a scene of the Rebel frontline on the ice planet Hoth, depicting a Snowspeeder T-47 zooming into action, and the Rebel infantry below.

4318605603_6188ccb18a.jpg

The original set (7130, Snowspeeder) was released in 1999, that was one of my first Star Wars Sets. I've dreamed to rebuild the scene as a vignette for a long time.

I just love the suspense captured in the movie: The rebels are waiting for the big battle on hoth.

"When the P-Tower gets ready to fire, you can feel the charge, hear the hum, see the dish light up it's a moment of hope. And then the blast just bounces off an AT-AT and you realize that the situation is hopeless"

Some details: You can open the cockpit for minifigure access. The detailed seat and control panels. I don't like printet plates. So I've used some unconventional parts like the radios. The harpoon gun has a working retractable cable. And there are movable air brakes. More details like the remarkebel red signs on the bottom side. The cooling grill and the engines behind it.

4320188590_4677a3ae48.jpg

4320591726_fe703f08c8.jpg

The design of the snowspeeder is inspired by Larry Lars creation. There are also some new Sets included, such as the 8083 Rebel Trooper Battle Pack and some new parts (windscreen) of the set 5866-1: Rotor Rescue.

For more and bigger pictures don't miss: http://www.flickr.com/photos/marshal-banana/

Cheers!

Edited by KimT

most stunning creation i`ve seen this year. respect! awesome work!

Edited by Davor

very well done.. starting with the excellently designed baseplate (A+ for your love for details) to the extremely neat snow-design and the laser tower... very nice!

Edited by fenris

I love it! The deatil on the Snowspeeder is by far the most awesome so far this year! The technique for the snow is fabulous, as is the baseplate. :cry_happy:

Keep it up. :thumbup:

This is as sweet as it can get !! :wub: Love the snowspeeder, lovely detail !! Also like the display, that's a nice completion of the whole scene !

AWESOME ESB MOC 'Marshal_Banana' !

Snow speeder is HOT !!! :grin:

Excellent detail and fantastic work to make this - I'm a conformist! 'Marshal_Banana' ! :sweet:

I love it, the scene looks great, even though there is no movement you can just easily imagine the speeder flying over head.

Great job!

Amazing! Could You please upload the instructions for the Snowspeeder?

Nice work! :thumbup:

This is a really well executed Star Wars vignette. I love the redesigned T-47 Snowspeeder and it is one of the better designs I have seen out there. The cockpit design and interior appointments are really spot on and give it more of a 'UCS' feel while still maintaining the Minifig scale. I also love the attention to detail such as the pilot/co-pilot seat and the underside rebel markings.

The vignette is also really well done. Starting at the bottom, the base looks great and really helps to finish the MOC off and make it something that is truly display quality. I believe I commented on the blaster-thingy on Flickr which is a great design. The trench is a nice touch and adds some depth to the MOC. And the T-47's position flying over the rebel infantry conveys a sense of motion and excitement that really draws me in.

Great work!

-Davey

I love the detail on the snowspeeder. Man I would love to build a set like that. You should make some instuctions and send them to me. :wink:

It looks just plain AWESOME! The Snowspeeder is really accurate, as is the turret. The ice is a little less nice, but still cool.

Overall: Great job :thumbup: You have to post your Falcon also!

Wow! I do more reading and looking than posting but your MOC is really impressive. Seems a shame Lego doesn't offer models like this.

Maybe you could share instructions on at least how to build the base? Either way, Thanks for sharing your terrific work!

Great MOC! :thumbup:

I love the snowspeeder, but the diorama has really caught my eye. :wub:

It's an example of some great SNOT technic, combined with some excellent creative touches.

For instance the snowtrench, and footsteps by Han look awesome.

I think a few more detailed pictures of this would be in place. :grin:

WOW...don't you wish Lego made kits like this.

Great work on the snow...the whole composition is excellent. And that nice baseplate makes it a finished piece. Awesome!

If you ever make instructions....please share or heck, I'd buy 'em.

Really fantastice work...great job! :cry_happy:

I wanted to say so many things, but it's all been said by other members.

A really well done, well photographed MOC.

I am thrilled that you chose to post it here on EB and as a "thank you" I've linked it to the frontpage.

To me this MOC is what Star Wars is all about.

Snowspeeder, Rebels, Atgar Cannons, Hoth Rebels and snow :thumbup:

The most classic scene of Star Wars, done the best way I've seen in a long time.

Though Kaitan did also do well in his Snowspeeder Crash MOC.

Keep up the good work and do post more of your MOC's here.

Very good. Well done, this MOC looks perfect with the snowspeeder and the SNOT snow.

I can only echo the comments of others. An absolutely fantastic scene from the baseplate to the snowspeeder. The snow looks great and the whole scene is well orchestrated. :thumbup:

(Though it would be nice to see more pics) :tongue:

There are many great Hoth dioramas on EB but yours wins hands-down. The attention to detail is superb. I never thought anyone could improve on Lars' snowspeeder, but I think you've proved me wrong!

Simply amazing :thumbup: