Sign in to follow this  
Swab

HMB Sabre 18 gun brig

dscn1454.jpg

I wanted to make each gun 3 studs apart, but I didn't have enough tall white slopes on hand. So I decided to try black slopes for the gun deck instead. I'm rather pleased with the result. She's currently without her full compliment of 18 guns, hence the closed gunports.

dscn1471.jpg

In addition to some added details here and there, I also gave her rope ratlines like the HMS Achilles. I spent the better part of a week tying the ratlines --- just a little bit at a time. :thumbdown:

dscn1461.jpg

dscn1459.jpg

dscn1458.jpg

The stern and quarter galleries were also changed, but the design is still a bit preliminary.

dscn1464.jpg

The headrails are a somewhat lacking in my opinion, but there's not much else I can do given the space available. I'm open to ideas.

dscn1467.jpg

I'm currently working on a French corvette (my British ships need something to shoot at) as well as another small overhaul for the Achilles. I've tested out some ideas on the Sabre.

C&C welcome,

Swab

A very nice ship though I think she is too big to be a brig at 18 guns and three masts I think she would certainly be a Sloop of War. Great job.

Yes, I'll admit she's a bit "stocky". I wouldn't put more than 18 guns on a brig. However, during the war of 1812, the USS Wasp (a sloop of war) battled the brig HMS Frolic. Both ships had 18 guns, albeit most of them were carronades.

Swab

Pretty cool, the black and blue color scheme are really nice. I think the stern gallery windows are a tad small though, any chance of making them bigger? But all in all a pretty cool ship!

Great ship! The rigging is great, and the flag as well.

And of course the colourscheme, very original :thumbup:

There's just nothing wrong with it :pir-wink: Except for the headrails, they are a bit too yellow, I think a bit more black will make it look better already.

For the rest it's excellent

All in all I love it, its a beautiful ship :pir_laugh2: it does look pretty good with the blue and black, and it didn't appear to em to lsoe anything at all without the white slopes :pir-classic:

Awesome ship. I really like the blue flaps for the cannons and the pure white sails. The back end seems to be missing something, I think it's because there isn't a raised section. I still like it alot though.

Except for the headrails, they are a bit too yellow, I think a bit more black will make it look better already.

For the rest it's excellent

Hmmmm. I really didn't notice until you mentioned it, but there is somewhat of a disconect between the headrails and the rest of the ship. Sort of "in your face" for lack of a better word. I'll throw in some black and see how she looks. Thanks for the advice.

Swab

This is a really nice brig. I like the cannons for the forchasers and I like the big British flag in the back. The only thing I would change is that I would put brown instead of black underneath the gun ports but, that is a small thing. I also really like the way you did the window galleries. They look very nice and the rigging is also a big plus. Keep up the good work. :pir-classic:

Hey everybody

soz im new to eurobricks but ive been browsing for ages so if i make any mistakes could anyone please correct me.

swab this ship is awsome! its so small yet so powerful and looks ready to kick big behind!!!!!!!!!!! btw wat does th inside look like?

A little something of everything, eh?

An 18 cannon tumble home intricately detailed hull;

A light, yet well done patchwork of rigging;

An artsy bow, with a nice small stern;

Nicely done flags and a very quality flag (If you have the choice, use fabric. It'll give every ship a more quality look to it)

:pir-classic: to sum it up into one word: lovely :pir-wub:

btw wat does th inside look like?

There's not much of an interior. I splurged and made everything below decks the same color (black), and it has arches in between each gun (more for structural support than detail). Most of my ships don't have an interior at all except for the guns.

Swab