Sign in to follow this  
lego fox

Lego Digital Designer Ship

lddscreenshot1.png

More hear

She has no name, and I was planning on a United States ship. So if you have any Ideas I'd like to hear them.

Edited by Slyowlius the Beatable

Holy crap, that's really nice! I usually disike LDD creations just because I prefer seeing real bricks, but this is something neat! You have done a very good job, I'll offer more feedback once the BS folder is public. :pir-wink:

It seems like your doing pretty good so far.

Not to many people have the patience for LDD. (plus you can't do any rigging in LDD :pir-wink: )

You have any better pictures of the stern? That's the only questionable part of the ship. the rest looks great.

Ok I did some werk to it and then realized she was two nerrowe and two short.

So I need some input. Ferst I wont to langthen hear by about half at the watterline and widden her beem agen by about half.

High above the Port Brod side

lddscreenshot5.png

High aft the port side

lddscreenshot6.png

aft and low starebord

lddscreenshot7.png

Seccond Should I remove the upper gun deck and make her intow a hevy Friggit like the Constitution or Increes the size of the upper cannens too mach the lower battery.

lddscreenshot10.png

lddscreenshot11.pnglddscreenshot9.png

IMO Those cannons look real nice!

Good idea on making it longer!

However, I think the Sterncastle (captain's cabin) shouldn't be overhanging so much. For the purpose of it being realistic, you might try and make it half as long as it already is.

Like I sadi before: Amazing work for an LDD ship! Love it!

:pir_yoda:

The stern is far too long and too wide.

But your choice of colours is nice and so are the cannon designs.

I also respect your LDD model since that's always quite hard to do.

And because there are those 'modified plates with clip lights' on one of your cannons, are you planning to tie the cannons to the ship?

That would be great :pir-classic:

Very Nice! But if you want to improve it, I'd say take a step back. Not that it's bad, Its just the brickbuilt hull. It looks like it's going to be another titanic, One hit and it will fall apart. Unless it has a interior frame already?

I'd also say, Cut down on the Stern, you don't want the Captain snapping off the back of the ship because its too long or heavy, It will look out of place. Take for example, The HMS Victory's stern:

It's big but it doesn't overhang the ship by much. However your proposed Stern is more of a Triangle rather than a curved shape.

But that's entirely my opinion, Do what you will!

EDIT: Also, I don't really know why people keep saying LDD is harder to do than MCLAD?! LDD is easy peasy! I might have to do a Tutorial!

Edited by Joey Lock