Sign in to follow this  
Jack Bricker

HMS Red Coats Revenge

Yeah I know that I should probably change the name baby I should do Queen Bricks Revenge. Anyway since I have been on this website I have been seeing more and more people like Captain Green Hair make these awsome frigates :pir-sweet: so I decided to finally make one of my own. I had purchased two of the 10210 Imperial Flagship and I decided to combine them and make a frigate out of them. So here are some of the pictures of the ship in progress.

Any advice or constructive criticism would be appreciated. I am pretty sure I have the mast placement correct and it is going to have about 28-32 guns so that is about the right amount of cannons. I don't know how I will do all of the rigging but I am going to add tile and I am going to fully rig it. I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions about what materials to use for the sails.

I will be deeplinking the pictures on Brickshelf so it may be a day or two before they are made public. Enjoy. :pir-classic:

Here is an over view of the ship.

2.jpg

Here is the stern.

1.jpg

4.jpg

Here is the bow which is yet unchanged from the kit.

3.jpg

And here is a shot showing the mast placement.

5.jpg

Edited by bengun

I really enjoy how low to the water it looks. It should be really neat if you can make some grand masts and sails for it!

-martinsuper

I love how this ship is turning out so far, it looks wonderfully promising! I'm considering buying one of the imperial flagships too, lol, your making it so very tempting!

That looks pretty promising :pir-classic: Your masts are indeed on the right place and you stern fitts well to the ship.

For sails I just used some cloth, and put it in a bucket with black tea for a few hours. Now they look very good.

And next thing is to cut out the sails and put some varnish on the edges (and I also draw some lines on the sails).

There might be a better way to make sails but for me this will do fine.

Anyway, keep it up with this ship!

Thanks for the nice feedback. :pir-classic:

Nice start. Are you using all 8 midsections from the two ships?

Yes I am using all 8 midsections. I was able to space the cannons 6 studs apart to make it more authentic and I was able to fit a main battery of 18 guns on the main gun deck and about 10-14 guns on the upper decks. :pir-sweet:

It will be awhile before I get back to it as I have some other projects that are taking up my time and money but, I hope to get back to it in a few months. :pir-hmpf_bad: I was wondering if there is another way to make the ship look a little rounder and the sides just go straight up. I have thought about using Captain Green Hair's method for tilting the sides inward but I am not sure how sturdy that is. Anybody have any suggestions? :pir-sceptic:

Edited by bengun

A very lovely ship indeed. It does in fact seem VERY low to the water...

If you added another mast, you could have yourself one really fast clipper :pir-classic:

Keep up the great work :thumbup: