Sign in to follow this  
jonfett

An Update - Event '06

Ok, so due to my absence over the last month a few things have changed. I had planned for us to get a room at Windsor for displaying MOCs and a module etc.. unfortunately I have missed the dealine and we will no longer be able to do this.

However, as the interest for an event seems quite high, and I for one would love an EB gathering, I would like to the event to still take place.

The original date will remain (as long as it does not cause too many difficulties). So it will be Friday 28th April - Sunday 30th.

I cannot plan the whole weekends events as of yet, but we could begin to draft a plan.

Friday - People's arrivals will be staggered slightly so I propose we find somewhere easy to meet (perhaps the airport or somewhere in Windsor. People will want to drop off their luggage so we can go to the accomodation (see below) and settle in. There probably won't be long on Friday to go to the park so maybe we could go for a meal, or wander around Windsor's other attractions?

Saturday - Legoland?? A whole day of shopping, looking at, touching, riding our favourite brick? Any other ideas are welcome.

Sunday - Another half day in the park (we could go for a 2 day pass?) Do what we didnt do on Saturday or want to do again. Sunday evening we will all depart I guess.

We still need some more official plans but hopefully this guideline will be enough for now. I will update this post with any updates there are on the event.

Updates

Accomodation - I have contacted a B&B which is about 1 mile from the park. They have the following rooms available for the weekend of our event.

1 x Family room, 4 separate beds with ensuite

i must admit, some of us, me included, were kind of worried about the trip, because nobody had heard from you in a while :$ In any case, it's great that you're willing to organise this for us! :smile:

just some thoughts:

first, i'll take the plane to Heathrow then the train to Windsor... no need to go all the way to London by train only to find out that you then have to take yet another train, the same one i'll be taking at heathrow... I can't remember how long it took me to get to Windsor tho...

It's becoming some sort of a tradition to wait at the airport, and except for Windsor castle, there's not really a landmark we have for every one to recognice. besides, do we really wanna wait in the cold, with our bags (and you haven't seen yoda's suitcase yet!)? But in case some one comes by train, we can always wait at the train station which is close to Windsor Castle... the only unsolved mystery here is: where do we stay and where is it located in regard to this train station?

another question, and this is one that needs to be answered asap, because i cannot buy a plane ticket without it, when do we suppose to arrive in Windsor? at noon?, 14.00? later? i guess this depends on what we're gonna do for the rest of the day... how did we do this for the Billund trip...? oops... i forgot... already... :$

and when are we going to leave on Sunday? One thing is great tho... London is closer to Belgium, Germany and France, and we have more flights, so we can stay all Sunday as well... we have two full days... more or less...

i don't know if we can enter and leave the park to drop bags at the hotel. it depends on where that is... we did that in Billund, but then we didn't have to pay extra for a bus from the hotel/town to the park. In this case, it possibly is. The legoland bus stops at Windsor Castle and Legoland. so if we're located in town, we're gonna have to take this bus...

I'm still in :biggrin: :biggrin: And also it seems that I can take some vacation and leave late sunday or early monday which gives a full sunday in windsor for me as well.

KimT

I'm still in (2 ppl).

As for the meeting point:

We're going to travel around South England the entire week by rental car. So, for us it would be easier to meet at the hotel (or wherever we're staying) instead of going to LHR and back to Windsor.

As for what we'll do: I think I can live with one full day at the park and leave the rest of the time open for other stuff (blasphemy, I know :wink:). I'm not beating around the bush that it also depends whether we'll get a group discount for the pass.

As for Sunday:

We'll leave Sunday evening from LHR, which means we'll have to leave Windsor around 3pm.

Long story short: where are we staying, what is the general plan for what we'll be doing there, and what will the pass cost?

I do have my plane tickets already so I'm not in a hurry here :wink:

Long story short: where are we staying, what is the general plan for what we'll be doing there, and what will the pass cost?

Accomodation is soon to sorted, I am just contacting a place right now. As for the general plan, I have posted a vague idea above but would like suggestions as to what others would like to do. If we are going to be going to Legoland for 2 days we could get a weekend pass, I am trying to get this cost included with the B&B as they offer LW discounts

Jon.

See update on original post regarding accomodation.

Jon.

EDIT - And tickets now.

Ill be there :biggrin:

Ill be fine in the 3 bed room or the 4 bed room :)

If needed is there rooms so people can stay until monday?

you can drop me in the 3 or 4 bed room also, jon... sure tt, ras and yoda are pigs , but i'll survive one weekend... :biggrin:

If needed is there rooms so people can stay until monday?

I'll ask about this TT, I'm sure it should be fine. If anybody is staying until Monday, then they could perhaps share the same room as others will probably be leaving on Sunday. This just makes it easier for paying for the rooms per night.

Jon.

EDIT - Check the original post update for check in and check out times.

i think we should go for the 2 day pass! any thought if that includes a 10% off at the pab?

i will be leaving on Sunday evening i guess...

Accomodation

I assume that the double room has a double bed so this can be for the couples? Apo and Aredhel? Hobbes and partner?

Yes, please :)

Are the prices final? Because on the website it says "from

To all members

Please think about comming to the event this year, last year was great fun, and so will it be this year :)

ok, so i guess it's time for a last call to every one who is willing to go to windsor. then we'll be able to divide the rooms and figure out how much the price is for every person...

We need to pay for the 2 day passes before we arrive in Windsor. I need to give the B&B a final figure for the passes and which rooms we will want in 2 weeks time. So please sign up if you would like to come, we have at least 4 places available but if there is more interest I can try get more rooms.

Jon.

I assume that the double room has a double bed so this can be for the couples? Apo and Aredhel? Hobbes and partner?

Yepp, the second room is ours :wink:

Now then people - I can't promise anything right now because I'm not currently working at Legoland. BUT in the summer I work up in the Pick a Brick Shop, and it may just be possible for me to see if I could get Guy or one of the other model makers to let you have a look round their model making area. Unfortunately though I won't be able to promise unitl much nearer the time (I'm not going back until April 3rd). But if you'd like me to I'll see what I could do for you guys, once you've confirmed whose coming etc.

birdie100,

That would really be great if we could visit the model making area and discuss with masterbuilders !!!!!

Tks for trying to do that for us :biggrin: (Now lets hope it works hehe).

And tks for that 50% off at the Pab you just promised !! :tongue: (looooool).

Yoda

Well, as I say, I can't promise, and there's no way we could give you a 50% discount, but... if any of you have season passes I'm obliged to give you 10% off. Whether the price will go up (with inflation etc.) I don't know, but last year you were talking of loose lego in the Pick a Brick shop being in the region of

Well, as I say, I can't promise, and there's no way we could give you a 50% discount, but... if any of you have season passes I'm obliged to give you 10% off. Whether the price will go up (with inflation etc.) I don't know, but last year you were talking of loose lego in the Pick a Brick shop being in the region of

Minifigures are like gold. You put them out and they get snapped up in milliseconds. Ditto wheels and trees. Still, Pick a Brick starts with a new container this year... so with a stroke of luck we'll have some of these highly esteemed products in stock. In terms of special bricks, you'd get to choose from the model maker's range if I could sort it for you (it's effectively a warehouse with virtually every brick imaginable. Except for that particular one you want!) .The selction of pinks and oranges is reportedly rather good! (And getting Macaroni 2X2 Maersk Blue corners is just pricelss!) And I knew you were teasing over the 50%... I'm not gullable (really!)