ma08.jpg

ma09.jpg

ma10.jpg

ma11.jpg

ma12.jpg

4319492256_8ea8245dfe.jpg

Gallery

Came out well for my first proper ship, I think :pir-wub:

Of course, Captain Greenhair must be acknowledged for the tumblehome, sails and rigging ideas :pir-wink:

Very Nice! I like the Cannon Bow Ring connector. Its like they can slide the cannons along, Like fire pumps!

It's a nice shape with the Curvy stern and the cartoonised shape! It looks very much like nicked Navy vessel. :pir_laugh2:

This is a great ship. so many details and the shape of it is just perfect, this is why we call you a moc master!

That is just an epic vessel! I'm very impressed! :thumbup:

Both her shapes and rigging is perfect, as well for the details. I think the bow is a bit low, but the stern is a piece of art.

And of course:

blogged.png

:pir-sweet:

Came out well for my first proper ship, I think :pir-wub:

You did indeed! This is an awesome ship! I really like your sails and the tiled deck is great as well.

The sides of the ship are full of nice (coloured-)details.

If you want to improve it, I think you could lower the spanker sail a bit (so the top yard is on the same level as the crow's nest), and turn the lifeboat 180 degrees.

For the rest I think nothing should be done about it, it's a perfect MOC :thumbup:

Hm... I see I was too late to blog it :pir-sceptic:

Very nice ship SlyOwl. The curves on it look really good and so do the tiled deck and the custom sails. I also like the use of technic pieces in the rigging.

You are really hopelessly too good !

When after 2 or 3 Moc, I didn't have any ideas on what to build next, you are always ready to amaze us ! Come on, look at your photostream on Flickr and check the date... Each week, you come with an amazing creation...

This one don't infringe at the rule...

Oh, by the way, the photoshop editing is amazing ! How did you do the shadows of the boat ? This is not explain in your Enhancing Photos tutorial !! :pir_laugh2:

Edited by 74louloute

Beautiful work! Very unique in it's design, yet very realistic as well! The Best Brig I've ever seen. It wouldn't happen to have an interior would it?

Fabulous. :pir-cry_happy:

Your amazing ship is well designed and the colours are brilliant.

It is just fabulous, thanks for sharing!

Brilliant work SlyOwl. Your use of colors here is great. I really like how you've used yellow throughout this creation.

Great work! I enjoyed looking at the pictures for a long time! Wonderful details everywhere you look (colour, design etc)! I think more can’t be said! :pir-classic:

A beauty of a ship Sly! I love your work on the custom cannon, and the sails just came out perfectly :pir_laugh2: I'm going to have to get to work on my sister ship schooners soon...so many people churning out excellent ships to compete with 'em :pir-tongue:

Fantastic MOC SlyOwl! There are very few things I don't like about it. Your lines are clean, your rigging is supurb (although you cheated and didn't tie the ratlines) and your colours are brilliant. But some things to think about:

• The spanker sits to high on the main mast.
  • The spritsail is too far forward on the bow sprit, and it would only have a lower yard if it had a second spritsail, else it would just be held in place by rope.
  • The catheads are too small, and too low. Perhaps try extending them out and bringing them up a little.
  • Try adding a second vertical part on each side of the headrails.

Other than that, I think it's brilliant! And she certainly has some bad-megablocks cannons on board! What is the piece holding the lantern up above the helm?

Beautiful ship!

I really like the color scheme and the stern looks beautifully designed.

I also love the figurehead and that yellow, rope-like thing in the bow. What is that called?

Another great MOC by Owl something? The whole ship is beautiful, the tiled deck looks good, and I love those brick built cannons! :pir-classic: Good job :thumbup:

I really like this ship. The stern is great and I also like how you did the planking. The sails are really nice and the rigging is fabulous. Great MOC ship. :pir-classic:

a beautiful ship, with a very nice cannon design ! love it! ^^

That is a beauty. :thumbup:

Good call on the figure head. I like that part a lot.

Impressive ship. I love the tiled deck, and your alternate cannons. At first I was like, Hmmm, it's just BSB, but it's not, it looks much larger and those sails are super impressive. Really great work, I don't know how you guys creat your own ships like this. Really nice work!

HAHA! I love this boat! Everyone is building French, English, Blue or Red Boats and here we get a good ole fashion pirate ship! I really enjoy the fact that it is not so big that it looks gaudy. Also, the attention to detail does not look out of place. I reallt enjoy this and have been inspired in a few spots for ideas I would like to use on my first major ship construction.

I really enjoy the correct position of the lifeboat, the layout of the gun ports, and the bow. I think the bow looks simple and yet elegant. A closer look reveals how intricate it really is.

A+!

-martinsuper

I really love the ship Slyowl, so terribly good for a first 'proper' one :thumbup: .

It seems Captain Blackmoor and Bonaparte respectively defeated me into frontpaging this on both Classic-Pirates and Eurobricks.

Thanks for sharing this beauty!