RenegadeClone

[MOC] Minifig-scale B-Wing (update) & Rebel Squadron

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hi guys :classic:

Finally 100% completed my minifig-scale Slayn & Korpil B-Wing (Link) a few weeks ago. It's very swooshable! As promised I have also built a Dagger Squadron B-wing to sit alongside the standard B-Wing. I'm currently working on a Rebel Hangar for all my starfighters and troops. Enjoy!

RenegadeClone

img_8552.jpg

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic8.jpg

pic9.jpg

Oh my goodness. My jaw literally dropped when I saw this. It is so detailed, and ... I am just speechless :thumbup:

Nice work.

Since this is close to friggin' awesome :thumbup: I've taken the liberty of frontpaging these beaties as they need all the attention they can get.

Just beautiful! I love how the cockpit stays horizontal no matter the wing configuration. Very swooshable you say, also nicely detailed to boot. Nice in sand blue or dark red. Well done.

Thanks for the comments guys :sweet:

I'm really happy the dark red version has turned out so good. Its quite easy to change the colour scheme with only a handful of bricks - I might try yellow or orange next. It is remarkably stable which is what I was aiming for. I'm thinking of posting some construction pics soon.

This is just simply PERFECT ! i have always loved the design of the B-wing, and i have always hoped for an official UCS B-wing, but these beauties are just amazing !!!! it would be greatly appreciated if you did end up posting instructions for them !!! i just love them :cry_happy:

also, do you have any pictures of the back ? id like to see how the engines look !

fantastic job :thumbup:

Very nice! :wub: The B-Wing is actually one of my favourite Star Wars ships and your version is much better than TLG last (half-decent) version. It seems you have a spare; can I have the sand blue version? :grin: (It looks like you got those parts from the Life On Mars sets.)

Impressive.

I've never really liked the B-Wing as a ship, because of its 'non-cliche-spaceship' look, but you really make me change my mind!

Keep MOCing!

This is just simply PERFECT ! i have always loved the design of the B-wing, and i have always hoped for an official UCS B-wing, but these beauties are just amazing !!!! it would be greatly appreciated if you did end up posting instructions for them !!! i just love them :cry_happy:

also, do you have any pictures of the back ? id like to see how the engines look !

fantastic job :thumbup:

Thanks :classic: The B-Wing is one of my favourite ships from the OT. I tried to put as much detail as I could into it, whilst keeping it in minifig scale.

Here's a rear shot of the engines.

pic11.jpg

And some closer shots of the weapons pod.

img_8574.jpg

img_8575.jpg

A closer shot of the Quadex Kyromaster engine.

img_8576.jpg

Rebel bombers on attack run...

pic10.jpg

All my Rebel starfighters.

img_8581.jpg

Wow, those are purely amazing... :wub: I love the B-wing, but never much cared for the ones LEGO made...These, though, are simply amazing. Very detailed, very good. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

-'Skintas

Theses are amazing! The shape and colours are just so perfect and the way the cockpit can swivel around depending on how the ship is orientated is really well done.

Great work!

Wow, Thats a nice peice of work there! great attention to detail! Love all you other ships too. Lovely

That is really good.

The detail is much better than the official version.

The guns and cockpit are cool.

Top Class! :thumbup:

Ahhhh thank you so much for the extra pics RenegadeClone, the back is superb ! i love the little greebels you did between the engines ! seeing the cockpit from the back helps me appreciate the perfect shape you made of the ship, very very well done :thumbup:

OMG what a beautiful B wing - AWESOME MOC ! :yoda:

Detail and detail and even more detail - great work 'RenegadeClone' and I'm a conformist! ! :laugh:

Hello!

These are pretty impressive! :classic: It's clearly superiro to all official B-Wing designs. Especially as your center wing is fully symmetrical with studs on both sides. Among my favourite details - although there are many more excellent details to discover - are the little engines for which you used those old rigid space wheels. :classic:

Very well done!

~ Christopher

I`m truly impressed with this, the B-Wing is one of my favourite SW ships (or at least starfigters) and these are great.

I have one question though: are the two models completely identical (except for colours of course) ?

ahhh thats what happens when these have kids

B-wing.jpg

great B-Wing you have.

I`m truly impressed with this, the B-Wing is one of my favourite SW ships (or at least starfigters) and these are great.

I have one question though: are the two models completely identical (except for colours of course) ?

Thanks for the comments :classic:

For the most part they are identical.

I put together a small diorama this morning.

Enjoy!

img_6487.jpg

img_6486.jpg

img_6484.jpg

img_6485.jpg

img_6488.jpg

img_6489.jpg

img_6490.jpg

img_6491.jpg

Those are great! I swear I've seen those techniques before, but what matters is the perfect matching you did! You're going to get a MOC expert badge for sure!

The think I like most is your choice of red and blue. They aren't bright and flashy like the lighter colors so they blend in with the gray well. Keep it up! :thumbup:

Those are amazing. Fantastic details and much, much better than the official Lego versions, which I never really liked much. These are fantastic. The colours do set them off nicely and the colours are well chosen.

Like the diorama too. :thumbup: