Sign in to follow this  
Rosst

Problem with Lego 8091 Republic Swamp Speeder

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Today I went to Toys R Us to pick up some of the new January Lego sets. One of the sets I decided to buy was the Republic Swamp Speeder. When I opened the set I was very surprised. Someone had taken all of the figures and taped the polybags back up.

I returned the set but it was still a waste of my time and gas. Stealing parts out of sets is also much easier since lego decided to use tape seals to keep them closed.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Return it to the store and inform them of what had happened. It's unlikely that they will act against the thief (probably too many returned items to sort through) but they'll probably let you exchange it for a new set. ALWAYS check the box for damage and if there appears to be any, don't buy it. If you do buy anything with a damaged box, ask the management if you may open in their presence prior to purchase. If they won't allow it, don't buy it.

Unfortunetaly this is nothing new.

What i don't get is how they do it, they can't be doing it in the store.

I've never seen this with a big set, only small ones. Mainly only battlepacks though.

My local lego outlet that I go to used to have a policy of like 50%-75% off if a box is damaged. Those were sweet times although I did'nt do any of the damage I would dig through the boxes for a damaged one :tongue:

This has unfortunately happened before, last time also at TrU.

However, someone else got an extra minifig once. :S

Maybe TrU should be more alert, so all us customers that are actually honest also get a chance.

I never shop at TrU anyway, but this makes me not want to go there.

Well I guess they have got a money back special guarantee, meaning that you can buy stuff and return it within a week or so.

Sitting at home, cutting up a box to get the figures out, gluing it back together. How bloody pathetic. :thumbdown:

That happened to me recently also :sad:. I bought one of each of the new bp's. And someone, opened the bag, took all the pieces out, (not just the minifigs) and im guessing returned it. What do you when i open it the bags are empty! I was glad that target accepted them back and i got new ones for free! :sweet:

that doesn't make any sense, when you took the box couldn't you tell there were no pieces in it because it made no sound? :wacko:

Be sure to update us and let us know if they accept it or help you out at all, at Toys R Us.

As I said before:

"I returned the set but it was still a waste of my time and gas."

Toys R Us accepted it and gave me an in-store credit. I wanted to make sure that I bought one that wasn't tampered with so I checked a few of them over. Two others seemed quite lighter then others. Maybe someone pulled this trick off with a few sets.

Edited by Rosst

This really is quite pathetic :sceptic:

i don't understand why people would do such a thing, its so low and stealing IS breaking the law.

I remember ages ago when i went to buy the Technic " Hail fire droid " that the box was damaged. I asked if i could open it up and they agreed ( this was at Target ) and to my surprise..BOTH of the big wheels were missing :sadnew:

so i had to go else where to get my Hail fire droid, why would someone just steal the WHEELS ? so pointless. Not only that, the hole in the box was no WAY big enough for the wheels to get taken out, they are practically the size on the whole box.

Unfortunetaly this is nothing new.

What i don't get is how they do it, they can't be doing it in the store.

Ya they most likely brought it, took all the figures out, then return it instores. I hate it when people do that. Worst cases I've seen was either opened empty boxes or opened boxes at Zellers.

I never encounter this missing parts problem but I still check the boxes to see if its sealed from lego when buying them. Regardless, I brought the swamp speeder today at toysrus. They just came out fresh from the shippment when the guy was stocking the shelves.

This has unfortunately happened before, last time also at TrU.

However, someone else got an extra minifig once. :S

Maybe TrU should be more alert, so all us customers that are actually honest also get a chance.

I never shop at TrU anyway, but this makes me not want to go there.

Yeah, if you´re referring to my topic, I "didn´t recieve" all the figs in the Mon Cala set. Long story short, TRU wouldn´t let me return the set( :thumbdown: ), but in the end TLG sent me new figs for free. :thumbup:
That happened to me recently also :sad:. I bought one of each of the new bp's. And someone, opened the bag, took all the pieces out, (not just the minifigs) and im guessing returned it. What do you when i open it the bags are empty! I was glad that target accepted them back and i got new ones for free! :sweet:

I´m sorry, but I don´t believe this. The clerks must have noticed the weight and "non-razzle" of the set. In the worst scenario, you must´ve noticed it when you picked them up. And in both of them? ..Nah, sorry. :sceptic:

I almost wonder with the commonality that this appears to be happening if it's really customers that are stealing the figs and returning the sets or if this is being done before the sets reach the shelves, either by retail store employees, or I hate to say it, possibly even Lego employees.

Lego doesn't weigh a lot but there's a distinct difference between an empty box and one with pieces in it. If you can't tell the difference, you've got bigger problems than some missing pieces of plastic.

Yeah, if you´re referring to my topic, I "didn´t recieve" all the figs in the Mon Cala set. Long story short, TRU wouldn´t let me return the set( :thumbdown: ), but in the end TLG sent me new figs for free. :thumbup:

There are a lot of topics out there on this subject... :tongue:

People are such losers that rather than being a good citizen and buying minifigs off bricklink, just steal them from the boxes. I am a fan of army building, but I stop at an army of 6. Lego is about building for me.

It's pretty low.

I´m sorry, but I don´t believe this. The clerks must have noticed the weight and "non-razzle" of the set. In the worst scenario, you must´ve noticed it when you picked them up. And in both of them? ..Nah, sorry. :sceptic:

I'm not so sure. Just before Christmas, I noticed a Pirate Islad set in Sears, Box opened up and all the parts spilled out in plain view. However recent, I'm sure I wasn't the only one who noticed this, but it was still there when I left.