On a scale of 1 to 5  

70 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding!

The airplane looks nice as well as the building. I think that I am going to pick this one up for the parts (and airplane) maybe even make a larger scale airport with it. :classic:

Dude, cut Lego a break-- if they were to produce a full scale airport it would likely take up an entire room of your house and require a credit application just to buy the thing!!

Honestly, I think Lego, at least in most cases, does a pretty good job of finding the balance between including enough content and keeping the costs down. An airport could EASILY become a $250-300 USD set and probably be amazing, but in all likelihood they just wouldn't sell enough units for them to justify releasing it in the first place.

It would actually be cool if we had an AFOL-targeted airport set at a price point like that.

Compared to other Lego airports of the past though, this airport building is actually reasonably big and nice. The airport buildings TLG has made before have always been way too small, even by the standards of Lego building scales, so this is a refreshing change. The police stations in the past were much bigger than the airports. :tongue: The one thing I miss though is the runway baseplates that the 80s and 90s airports had.

The one thing I miss though is the runway baseplates that the 80s and 90s airports had.

I agreed with you. Without the runway baseplates in the recent City Airport sets, makes it look incomplete in certain aspects. I missed those baseplates though.

Other than that, I think this is a fine airport and if this is ever a targeted AFOL Airport set, I am sure it will be an instant hit for many City AFOL collectors. :thumbup: