Sign in to follow this  
Fires-storm

The American Privateer, U.S.S Dauntless

I like it! Dont see too many schooners here, or American ships for that matter as you said. What material did you use for the sails?

:jollyroger: DPW

I used some old white cotton T-shirts died with coffee, and pasted to the 8's with glue for the sails, glad you liked it :pir_laugh2::jollyroger:

I would love to see some bigger pictures, they are quite small now and I can hardly see all the details.

From what I see it looks very good! The sails turned out wonderful. :thumbup:

She looks very fast and agile. :pir-sweet:

I would love to see some bigger pictures, they are quite small now and I can hardly see all the details.

From what I see it looks very good! The sails turned out wonderful. :thumbup:

She looks very fast and agile. :pir-sweet:

Yeah, I tried adding bigger pics, but every time I submitted them, it would make the picture stop working...huh. Also glad you liked it, she is going to be one of my fastest ships, and a bigger schooner is in the works, just waiting on pieces! :pir_laugh2:

Yeah, I tried adding bigger pics, but every time I submitted them, it would make the picture stop working...huh. Also glad you liked it, she is going to be one of my fastest ships, and a bigger schooner is in the works, just waiting on pieces! :pir_laugh2:

You could try to resize them here. www.picresize.com

Looks pretty good though.

Yes, I used 2 hulls in the construction in addition to the stern and bow, and sorry, trying really hard to resize^^"

QEZ2RBGDXP.jpg

C4HJROTB76.jpg

ADEMNMZXE8.jpg

7R7U7NIOQP.jpg

k lets see if this works...

ok, some new larger images.

alright, round three! forgot to hit save to web....oi. should work this time, sorry if it doesn't^^"

those are small enough I hope...specifically resized em........

Edited by Fires-storm
Please resize pics

Great ship, very detailed, and no the last pics didnt work for me :( But it looks like a great ship, cant wait for the bigger one!

Really nice ship. I like how you did the sails and the overall build of this ship. I also like how you made it an American warship. Great. I agree it is time that the Americans start showing some muscles. :pir-tongue: Great MOC. :pir-classic:

Thanks much to you both, glad you liked it, and weirdly enough the last ones aren't working for me now either...what a danged nuisance...well back to work on them>.<

Yes, but so often our american women fight so much better then the men....and even though I'm a guy I say this because quite a few woman pirates coulda kicked my big behind :pir-tongue: and also it jsut looks kinda cool, the dress is an excellent contrast to the brown^^ thanks a ton for the compliments and comments!

Please note the max size is 800x600. :pir-wink:

But I can see the ship a lot better now! :pir-sweet:

And I think she turned out great, nice colours and shapes! The front also looks really good.

I'd like to see a picture of the stern too! :pir-laugh:

Excellent job.

I thought these were smaller then that...not sure.....<--- absolutely useless at pic editing. Took me 5 tries just to get these to stay, lol :pir-tongue: and I'm so glad you like it, she actually doesn't have a stern as in the castle type, since most schooners were pretty much flat topside to allow for the gaffer rigging to be effective, don't exactly wanna turn your pole and sweep your own captains cabin into the brink, eh? :pir-tongue: but yeah, I'll try to get a pic of the stern up tomorrow perhaps, as well as a new feature for her, a removable top deck! now I can actually play with minifigs on the gun deck :pir_laugh2:

Hey there Fires-storm!

Your second image post took me a while to load on a broadband connection, so for the benfit of our dial-up users, I have replaced your images with links. Here are a few tutorials that might help you out with your image resizing problem:

How to resize images online

Deeplinking images

The deeplinking tutorial is for images uploaded to Brickshelf, but it still applies to your images. Just make sure you set it out like this:

[img=imageurl.fileextention(jpg, gif, png)]

Your ship is really nice, I'm impressed with what you have come up with from a scuttled BB! Well done, we don't see enough schooners on here. :pir-classic:

Thanks a ton for the compliment Captain Zuloo! I noticed a lack of schooners, and loved the colors of the BB, so I decided on making an American Privateer, glad you liked it :pir_laugh2: and I'm probably going to end up making a brickshelf just to make that tutorial simple to use, lol, but for these purposes I may just keep the images as links for anyone to click if they want a bigger version. thanks a ton for the help in doing that for me :pir-grin:

Fires-Storm :cannon:

Thanks a ton for the compliment Captain Zuloo! I noticed a lack of schooners, and loved the colors of the BB, so I decided on making an American Privateer, glad you liked it :pir_laugh2:

I did indeed, and your colour scheme is very nice too. I suppose the only thing that could make it more schooner-ish, would perhaps be that the hull should be more narrow. But this wasn't possible with the BB hull, so I think you did a good job. :thumbup:

and I'm probably going to end up making a brickshelf just to make that tutorial simple to use, lol, but for these purposes I may just keep the images as links for anyone to click if they want a bigger version. thanks a ton for the help in doing that for me :pir-grin:

Threads on Eurobricks tend to get more attention if they have images in them, particuarly in the first post. If you would like to perhaps set up your Brickshelf account with your images (no bigger than 800 x 600), I can add the pictures to the first post for you so you can see how it is done. :pir-wink:

Threads on Eurobricks tend to get more attention if they have images in them, particuarly in the first post. If you would like to perhaps set up your Brickshelf account with your images (no bigger than 800 x 600), I can add the pictures to the first post for you so you can see how it is done. :pir-wink:

That would probably be awesome^^ I have to toy around with it to get it to 800x600 though, not good at that, so time for em to experiment, lol