Sign in to follow this  
sam89

It looks like photos from Nuremberg are appearing . . .

YUCK! what is that green and orange 8284 monstrosity!? :(

But 8285..... WOW! And it will look even better without stickers.

great find sam!

i was expecting a tractor one of these days. TLG seems to design one on a regular basis, but this doesn't look very well... the colour combination is not very good and you hardly have any classic technic brick...

the truck is a lot better even tho i feel the wheels are too far apart from each other.... however, it looks like a combination of the technic theme and the good old model team theme

Quite right - the wheels are too far apart. I knew there was something about it that looked odd, but didn't pin it down.

Yep, the wheels are too far apart. The tow contraption looks very interesting, though. With a few more basic bricks (I especially don't like the wheelguard) it'll make a perfect mix of Technic and Model Team.

I must say that I like the tractor (except for the wheelguard again). Sure it can use a few mods here and there but as something to start with I like it. But maybe that's because where I grew up we had lots of those in that weird green color :wink:

As for the trains I'm not sure yet. The "crocodile" looks better "in real life" than on the boxes, though...

Thanks for the pix, sam!

I'm not a train collector by any means... (I have 2) but these new ones don't seem as back-pg-glorious as the ones I couldn't afford as a kid. Is that just me?

God Bless,

Nathan

are we likely to see some more pics of the star wars sets ( jabba's barge and the star destroyer) at this show? :smile:

Awesome. Tow truck thing will look much better without the stickers. I am looking forward to more pics.

LegoBMW

The 8284 is most... hideous.

The whole thing that probably kept me away from Lego growing up was probably Lego's own ads on the back pages of comic books.

You'd see like a tractor or other vehicle that had no resemblance to anything... just a pile of beams with no coherency to their placement.

I'm all for using a little imagination, but... 8284 is quite a throwback to the early 80's way of Lego Technic. There's no place in the market for such slapped-together things anymore.

What is it with LEGO and colors *wacko*

That 8284 tractor is ugly.

But the 8285 Black Cat tow truck is a must have x 2 (at least)

Wow,great pics! The new tow truck looks very impressive. I have to disagree about the distance between the wheels. I'm an automotive technician, and see tow trucks at my work on a daily basis. I have to say this covers the looks of a heavy duty tow rig very accurately. This set is a defenate must have!! :cool:

I have to disagree with everyone about the new tractor. Though not as impressive as the tow truck, it has its good qualities as well. I for one like the color. Since it looks to be modeled after a farm tractor, i think the color fits it nicely. Has a "John Deer" look going. Its a nice change from the tipical red and yellow every other heavy equipment vehicle lego has made. The rear attachemnt also has some posibilities. I can't wait to see what other rear attachments i can come up with.

I can't tell by the pics, but it doesn't look like the 1:8 ferrari has suspention. :( I really hope it does, cause that was the big disapointments of the 1:10 Enzo, and F1 car. Hopefully LEGO will add this feature in the 1:8th scale version. If not,guess i'llbe adding my own. :cool:

I'm kinda ify on the black truck. Need to see a better pic.

The tractor uses lime green cause the lego company had some left-over parts from last year's nitro menace 8649, I would've preferred dark green, and the rear wheels are those of the nitro menace too, with tyres that are a larger version of tyre 45982 [tyres 45982 are used for the front, which makes this tractor much much largerer than the back-hoe 8455!! :smile: ]

I have to disagree with everyone about the new tractor.

I liked it :wink:

As I said, where I grew up farmers used tractors like that, even with that color. Except for a few details I don't think it's that bad, either...

brickshelf seems to be down:(

BUT!!!

8287_box_in.jpg

OMG.

Look closely!!! It looks like this comes with a technic driving ring clutch!!!

WOOHOO!!!

ok, brickshelf back up.

Question: Why did they make another red F1 racer? It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. I already bought the 1:10 one; wouldn't it make more sense to make one in a different color?

I'm disappointed.

Plus that tractor does seem fugly to me. Lime green... yuck. Around here all the tractors are John Deere Green (like dark forest green) or Blue.

In fact the color on the Mini-tractor is almost perfect, and I rebuilt it using extra blue parts too, so I've got two mini-tractors :)

From a hungarian site, it looks like the prices on the new sets will be...

8283 (red shoveller thing) - $30

8284 (Big Tractor) - $75

8285 (Tow Truck) - $140

8287 (Technic Motor) - $35

8288 (Crane) - $90

8674 (1:8 F1) - $175 (jaw dropping)

Yikes!

Time to start saving moneys :)

Did you convert those prices directly to dollars? Because if you did, then the sets will be a lot cheaper than that. Sets cost much more in Europe than the US.

Did you convert those prices directly to dollars? Because if you did, then the sets will be a lot cheaper than that. Sets cost much more in Europe than the US.

Roughly; I usually rounded down to the lowest $5.

The site lists some existing sets at these prices:

Mini-tractor - $10

Quad Bike - $20

Motor Bike - $55

Dump Truck - $25

So they're roughly the same after conversion.

http://www.legomarkabolt.hu/adat/etc/kaffe...p?group=technic

Thanks again, sam.

I'm worried about the size of the new City sets - that crane is just huge! I was excited when I saw pictures of it for the first time, but now that I've seen its real size (compared to the ppl in the background of the pictures) I wonder where I'm supposed to put it in a layout. It just crushes anything else City. Same goes for the new planes. I don't have an entire loft just for my layout :(

With all that in mind I liked this set best:

46.jpg

That's "classic LEGO scale"...

Come to think of it, I could get two cranes and build an oil rig... hmm... :glare: