Sign in to follow this  
sam89

It looks like photos from Nuremberg are appearing . . .

Question: Why did they make another red F1 racer? It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. I already bought the 1:10 one; wouldn't it make more sense to make one in a different color?

The F1 racers have to be red as TLC's licence is with Ferrari If the were a different coulor this might be seen as favouring another F1 team

Question: Why did they make another red F1 racer? It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. I already bought the 1:10 one; wouldn't it make more sense to make one in a different color?

The F1 racers have to be red as TLC's licence is with Ferrari If the were a different coulor this might be seen as favouring another F1 team

Argh, I figured as much.

I'm just frustrated that I got back into lego after the Williams F1 racer was discontinued. It looks far cooler than the Ferarri F1's.

I have to disagree with everyone about the new tractor.

I liked it :wink:

As I said, where I grew up farmers used tractors like that, even with that color. Except for a few details I don't think it's that bad, either...

Sorry. I should have said i disagreed with MOST people about the new tractor. My bad. :wink:

Love the new crane.I for one like big sets. But i do understand that size can be a problem with those making a town layout. I too am wondering were i'm going to put this thing. Oh well, i guess i have a few months to figure that one out.

Whoa mama!!!!! This is the first i've seen of this...

8288_box_in.jpg

This is defenatly a good year! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Sorry. I should have said i disagreed with MOST people about the new tractor. My bad. :wink:

np :wink:

Love the new crane.I for one like big sets. But i do understand that size can be a problem with those making a town layout. I too am wondering were i'm going to put this thing. Oh well, i guess i have a few months to figure that one out.

I like(d) the big(ger) Model Team and Technic sets. But they're for display. I can find room on my shelfs, no problem. The new City sets do present a problem, though. I mean, who is the "new" target group for TLG? Families with own rooms for each kid plus a big LEGO-room for each kid??? Not to mention the dad himself...

It's on one of those pics from the link that doesn't work anymore...

Thanks again, sam.

I'm worried about the size of the new City sets - that crane is just huge! I was excited when I saw pictures of it for the first time, but now that I've seen its real size (compared to the ppl in the background of the pictures) I wonder where I'm supposed to put it in a layout. It just crushes anything else City. Same goes for the new planes. I don't have an entire loft just for my layout :(

With all that in mind I liked this set best:

46.jpg

That's "classic LEGO scale"...

Come to think of it, I could get two cranes and build an oil rig... hmm... :glare:

that house reminds me of the red-blue house when MF's didn't even exist yet, think it's set 355 or something... it's nice that lego is trying to pick up that old style again

I like(d) the big(ger) Model Team and Technic sets. But they're for display. I can find room on my shelfs, no problem. The new City sets do present a problem, though. I mean, who is the "new" target group for TLG? Families with own rooms for each kid plus a big LEGO-room for each kid??? Not to mention the dad himself...

Good point. For a family of lego lovers, the city sets are getting preety big. Trying to find room for all the kids sets is getting more difficult. Thats why i ove my techinc sets so much. Play/moc all you want, then put them back on the shelf when your done. :cool:

Good question about LEGO's target age group. The employee's at my local lego store say they get more people in the 20's, and 30's than young kids. :-D

It's on one of those pics from the link that doesn't work anymore...

Ah, ok. I got that pic from the hungarian site that someone posted up.

Good question about LEGO's target age group. The employee's at my local lego store say they get more people in the 20's, and 30's than young kids.

I'm so glad you said that :biggrin: and I'm glad that the toy store staff recognise this fact :$

Hi all im new here and Im liking what im seeing for 2006!

gonna be a good year. Im quite looking forward to 8284 but I just noticed some red gearbox pieces under the seat :wub: . I love he colour of the tractor as its the same colour scheme as a new holland tractor we own! Alos looking forward to 4896, 8285 and 8288! Is just great to see Lego producing some decent sets what a great time to come of my dark ages (happened yesterday as i saw the new sets on brickshelf).

[Crane pic snipped]

If you like this, you might like this, too:

1172clffe7mrl.jpg

(click me)

Good question about LEGO's target age group. The employee's at my local lego store say they get more people in the 20's, and 30's than young kids.

I'm so glad you said that :biggrin: and I'm glad that the toy store staff recognise this fact :$

I believe you will find that most Lego purchased for little kids is purchased by their parents or grandparents at WalMart, Target, TRU, etc (whatever your local big box toy store

The Lego Stores aren't generally competitive for current sets price-wise, especially around holiday time, and the only reason to go to them is for special merchadising, Pick-A-Brick, or the for "experience", which is an AFOL thing, not a kid thing.

I believe you will find that most Lego purchased for little kids is purchased by their parents or grandparents at WalMart, Target, TRU, etc (whatever your local big box toy store

The Lego Stores aren't generally competitive for current sets price-wise, especially around holiday time, and the only reason to go to them is for special merchadising, Pick-A-Brick, or the for "experience", which is an AFOL thing, not a kid thing.

I dunno. I've found a few sets on speacial in the Lego store. I found 8435 for only $20!! (normally 50) But generally, there always full price. As for experiacne, my 10yr old nephew was quite impressed. He stood there with his mouth open and was spechless for over a minute. Almost as long asme when i first learned about the Lego store last june. :wink:

I really like the tractor, it reminds of the Fendts that sometimes can be seen out on the fields here where I live. With red wheels, it would be smack-on in both design and color.

Like the rig and trains too. I'm probably getting all of it, if I can afford it, that is.

[Crane pic snipped]

If you like this, you might like this, too:

1172clffe7mrl.jpg

(click me)

Nice find Hobbes! I'm a huge fan of legocranes!

I'm really looking forward to the new crawler crane. I would have built one myself long ago, but never could understanding of all the latice attachments.Once i have on in front of me, i'll finaly get how all the lines work.