Sérgio

MOC: Asthlom CP2601

OMG ! :laugh:

I hope 'The Brickster' sees this A.S.A.P. - man I think you're heading front page for this one. :grin:

AWESOME is too smaller a word for this - talk about hitting the nail on the head - but you did it ! :sweet::grin::laugh:

Perfect shape to the real one - trim too is perfect. :grin:

One of the best train engines I have seen in over a month ! :sweet:

Good one 'Sergio' and I'm a conformist! ! :laugh:

That's a nice model. We've a very similar engine class in Holland (1600/1700/1800) so I'm very familiar with the design.

If anything I think the light at the top is too big...

That's really, really accurate! It looks like exactly like the really thing, honestly you can barely tell the difference! I'm not train guy, but this looks like it took a lot of effort! I'd love to see some more!

Hi Everbody.

On this moc I try to copy the most important detail on Real Engine.

Use and abuse of SNOT.

Hope You like it :)

I like it alright, it's a very nice moc. I'd probably lengthen it a bit, so the longer gap between the middle windows is more pronounced, and the roof vents are longer.

Now I'm off to look for more pictures of the pantograph on brickshelf, I think I may have to borrow your design in the future :classic:

Fantastic work here! I love the color scheme and the shape of the locomotive is just really eye-catching. Lots of nice SNOT work on this and I especially like the buffer design. Great work and look for this on Classic-Town.net soon. :tongue:

-Davey

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

This is really great. It really is a very faithful and detailed rendition of the original locomotive. And it's 6-stud wide, isn't it?

Have you tried or are you willing to try to put doors? It looks like there is only a 2-stud space there so it might not be feasible.

I have been wondering about what could be a nice colour scheme for a new loco model to build, and this orange+black is an excellent option.

I like it alright, it's a very nice moc. I'd probably lengthen it a bit, so the longer gap between the middle windows is more pronounced, and the roof vents are longer.

Now I'm off to look for more pictures of the pantograph on brickshelf, I think I may have to borrow your design in the future :classic:

Weel, this loco is bit shorter than the real one, I think it's because of the sharpness of LEGO train track curves.

Otherwise, I love this MOC, it's detailed and very similar to the real one. Great work.

thanks everbody :)

Yes the Locomotive its a little bit short, but its bigger than a Train set scale, This CP2601 Have 36 Studs long

did not do it more bigger because the engines are smaller than the passenger cars and my passenger cars already have 40 or more studs long

the light from the top is a little big and may change it later

The doors actually realy works

spa55529.jpg

spa55543.jpg

I try Modified "zigzag" Brick, but i Prefer the grill, because grill its grill and the bricks its only "Zigzag" and second, that grill are metallic silver ;)

Edited by Sérgio

Aha, that's great! :thumbup: You should copyright those doors :tongue: They are very useful when having only a 2 studs width.

That's a nice moc you have built with decals and a true colours to the original.

It certainly looks very similar to the French BB7200 that I built some time ago

for TTCE competition, but my engine has a completely different colour-scheme.

I suppose these locos are made in the same factory ?

A difficult part to model accurately in 6-wide for this loco, is the front which has a nasty mix of

angle, but I think you have done a good job.

I would lower the whole engine to get more sleek proportions and hence give an impression

of beeing longer. This is just a matter of taste though.

That's a nice moc you have built with decals and a true colours to the original.

It certainly looks very similar to the French BB7200 that I built some time ago

for TTCE competition, but my engine has a completely different colour-scheme.

I suppose these locos are made in the same factory ?

A difficult part to model accurately in 6-wide for this loco, is the front which has a nasty mix of

angle, but I think you have done a good job.

I would lower the whole engine to get more sleek proportions and hence give an impression

of beeing longer. This is just a matter of taste though.

Yeah the Alsthom its made in France

I did a self scale between realistic and sets scale, its 6Wide and 36/38 Studs Long

the nose its realy dificult and this is the better way i found to build

actully this MOC is the second version, maybe in the future i will upgrade, Lego for me its that, never finished

tanks for the tips ;)

I Have some Videos for this moc

with 5 passenger car (44 Studs each one)

http://www.youtube.com/user/fz39k#p/f/4/zsH840SyME0 with 4 passenger car (44 Studs each one)

Yes the Locomotive its a little bit short, but its bigger than a Train set scale, This CP2601 Have 36 Studs long

did not do it more bigger because the engines are smaller than the passenger cars and my passenger cars already have 40 or more studs long

I can completely understand the choice of length, perhaps moving the middle windows out one stud each would have the same effect. It's a great model as is anyway. I really like the working doors.

I can completely understand the choice of length, perhaps moving the middle windows out one stud each would have the same effect. It's a great model as is anyway. I really like the working doors.

Actully the spaces between windows are 'transclear brick 1x2 » 4 studs» transclear brick 1x2 » 6 Studs » transclear brick 1x2 » 4 studs» transclear brick 1x2'

you propose 'transclear brick 1x2 » 5 studs» transclear brick 1x2 » 6 Studs » transclear brick 1x2 » 5 studs» transclear brick 1x2' ?

I can try in the future :wink:

I dont have time and parts to do it yet, but i will try :wink:

Actully the spaces between windows are 'transclear brick 1x2 » 4 studs» transclear brick 1x2 » 6 Studs » transclear brick 1x2 » 4 studs» transclear brick 1x2'

you propose 'transclear brick 1x2 » 5 studs» transclear brick 1x2 » 6 Studs » transclear brick 1x2 » 5 studs» transclear brick 1x2' ?

First I was thinking of 'transclear brick 1x2 » 4 studs» transclear brick 1x2 » 8 Studs » transclear brick 1x2 » 4 studs» transclear brick 1x2',

but to avoid making it longer you could try 'transclear brick 1x2 » 3 studs» transclear brick 1x2 » 8 Studs » transclear brick 1x2 » 3 studs» transclear brick 1x2'

I think the middle windows need to look further apart than the gap between the windows on the end.

One of the good things about your Moc is the colour, orange is still a rare colour for me so I understand you may not have a free choice in parts.

Really, really nice engine. The face is extremely well done.

As others have said the lamp is a little big but there is an easy solution. Turn part 2444 upside down and stick a 1x1 clear round plate on top. Will be perfect.

Tim

I think he meant changing [ ] 4 [ ] 6 [ ] 4 [ ] to [ ] 3 [ ] 8 [ ] 3 [ ].

Same overall length, but a bigger gap in the middle.

By the way, if you can still edit the title of the topic you might want to fix the typo (asthlom -> alsthom)...

Very nice work. You replicated the original very well. I have a question: Where were you able to find the two black framed wind shields? I have searched for those in the past. There are very few on bricklink and they are extremely expensive.

Anyway ... very nice work and thanks for sharing with us.

Kevin B.

Very nice work. You replicated the original very well. I have a question: Where were you able to find the two black framed wind shields? I have searched for those in the past. There are very few on bricklink and they are extremely expensive.

Anyway ... very nice work and thanks for sharing with us.

Kevin B.

I buy in the BL to, and is very expensive, i pay 10 USD each one

Wow, you did a wonderful job recreating the real train in Lego bricks. I'm impressed. :sweet: The decals are so flawless, you can't even tell that they are decals. Keep up the amazing work, bud.

I think he meant changing [ ] 4 [ ] 6 [ ] 4 [ ] to [ ] 3 [ ] 8 [ ] 3 [ ].

Same overall length, but a bigger gap in the middle.

By the way, if you can still edit the title of the topic you might want to fix the typo (asthlom -> alsthom)...

Opss :blush:

I cant edit now :(

i think [ ] 3 [ ] 8 [ ] 3 [ ] becomes too disproportionate because the real windows do not have that much difference between them

Here is a picture of the proportions of the locomotive

800px-Portuguese_locomotive_type_2600.jpg

[ ] 4 [ ] 6 [ ] 4 [ ] (As my MOC)

sepaentre_janelas_original.jpg

which suggested the idea and I disagree with is this [ ] 3 [ ] 8 [ ] 3 [ ]

sepaentre_janelas.jpg

The first and second windows are too close.

To get just the ideal range would be [ ] 5 [ ] 8 [ ] 5 [ ] but this need to increase 2 studs on each side, 4 in all, had to change the base, sides and roof, was beyond that almost the length of my coaches that are 40 to 44 studs long and the real engine is smaller than the coaches

i think [ ] 3 [ ] 8 [ ] 3 [ ] becomes too disproportionate because the real windows do not have that much difference between them

I felt the middle section of your model looked more crowded than the prototype photo, and made it look a little short. It's sometimes a difficult choice between options when using selective compression, and the final result often depends on which feature you focus on.