Sign in to follow this  
Maltem

Multiple Trains on the Same Track 9 Volt

traintech1.jpg

To day i got a small track with only 1 small train. I will get a metroliner this week and also try to place a motor on my emerald night.

I checked a few layouts to try figure out how to have 2 trains moving on the same time, i guess its not that easy since 1 train will crach with the other one after a while?

Should i build 2 seperat tracks ?

You might want to consider adding a siding where you can have one loop, but also switch other trains on and off the mainline. This is more how a real railway works and I have found that you can run two trains on a single line for a short period of time without them crashing. I did this on my layout for Brickworld 2009 and had lots of success. I would wait for the main train to get past the siding and then release the train that was in the siding. It would take a little bit to get up to speed so the main train would accelerate away from it. Once they were both up to speed, I would let the secondary train perform one or two 'laps' around the circuit and then bring it back into the siding.

Another option would be to have one train running on 9V and the other on PF on the same layout. This would allow you to individually control their speeds. This is what I have been doing on my home layout and is the approach I am taking for Brickworld 2010.

There really is no 'correct' answer to your question. It all comes down to how much track you have and what you would like to achieve with your layout. Do a search on the forums and check out the Digitally Designed Track Plans thread for more ideas.

Good luck!

-Davey

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

Yeah i need to buy a few of does expensive switch tracks. I found this on youtube:

Not that good looking, but i get the point.

I got ALOT of curvtracks, like 60+ and not that many straight :(

Hi, welcome!

... and don't forget to buy straight tracks!

Many greetings from Bavaria!

Thomas

You could have two loops like this:

1WD5bi.jpg

This is my current home layout, I have 4 trains on the layout, two are always "in reserve" on the sidings and two on the loops. It's a bit boring layout, but better than nothing... :)