WesternOutlaw

MOC: Santa Fe Hopper

traintech1.jpg

Thank you all for the comments and suggestions regarding a train for Old Mexico's Town with No Name. Over the next few weeks, I'm going to attempt to build a Santa Fe Western Train with more detailed MOCs than that of my past train creations. I'm quite pleased with this first addition, a small Santa Fe Hopper:

santafehopperf.jpg

santa_fe_hopper.jpg

Over the next few weeks, I'm going to attempt to build a Santa Fe train with more detailed MOCs than that of my past train creations. I'm quite pleased with this first addition, a small Santa Fe Hopper

Oh this is very nice, I particularly like the sleek look of the sides due to the tile join being hidden by the logo. I like the reinforcing bars too. You've got a right to be pleased, from experience, I know it can take some time to improve when you attempt to make more detailed Mocs, but this makes it seem for you it was effortless.

Really nice start of a train. The dark tan works really well and the background for the 'box art' is great! :classic: Looking forward to more...

I can only agree with the comments above. The type of car may be simple, but you managed to create a detailed piece of art. :thumbup:

Do you have a picture from top?

Very nice - very well trimmed - I like it ! :sweet::grin::laugh:

You've done it again 'The Brickster' - MOC guru ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! ! :laugh:

Wow, this is great TheBrickster. It's nice to see you trying a different building style, and while you may have built more classic-style MOCs, this is certainly a good way to enter the world of highly detailed train MOCs. I look forward to seeing the end result, and I applaud you for stepping out of the box and trying something new. :classic:

Thanks for the feedback fellas.

The tiles are actually old dark grey, not dark tan.

Here's an unedited photo from a different angle:

sfhop1.jpg

Hello!

I didn't realize the story went on, as I was used to see the new sets in the historical forum. :classic:

Yes, a great western city should also have a great train. I guess you can easily remove the planks at the sides for loading duties. I also like the new evening background image. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher