Sign in to follow this  
smokebelch

10178 AT-AT mods

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Was bored today so thought i'd up some shots of my mods to my AT-AT :classic:

Generally like to keep official Lego models pretty much as they are, but always enjoy making a few small changes.

Missed out on the original AT-AT, but still really like the Walking one (10178). Put the roof on it ages ago, but only just got round to making a 2 seater cokpit for the new AT-At Drivers. Kept the exterior of the head pretty much the same, bit of a tight fit to get the drivers and Veers in but just about fits- the new helmets having a gap at the back of the head really help with them fitting in.

Also made an interior for the body- originally kept the battery pack in and the seats were just in the front, but decided to take it out and mirror the front seats at the back also. Can still plug the motor into the battery pack externally for 'walking' motion.

Not the best photos I know, just quick snaps to give you the general idea :wink:

dscf5608g.jpg

dscf5610g.jpg

dscf5611g.jpg

dscf5668g.jpg

dscf5622g.jpg

dscf5625g.jpg

dscf5634g.jpg

dscf5649g.jpg

dscf5642g.jpg

dscf5646g.jpg

dscf5638g.jpg

dscf5659g.jpg

And the troops released...

4293258725_a567196157.jpg More of this sort of shot on my flickr!

And the Brickshelf folder when public...

Walker

Great modifications you got there!

I've always wanted a LEGO AT-AT (AT-ATs are one of my favorite Star Wars vehicles) with a troop bay, but one that's not too elaborately detailed. This is perfect! :wub:

If we are getting a minifig scale AT-AT this year, hopefully it will have an interior similar to this! :sweet:

Aha this is just what I've been looking for, a way to fit three minifgs into the AT-AT cockpit!

I like the main body interior too, simple and sweet.

These are really great mods! The interior both in the cockpit and troop bay is really great. The troop bay is the perfect size imo, not too small so you cant get a generous amount of snowies in there but not too big where it looks strange having so many snowies in there. The cockpit is great and its a good use of the new AT AT drivers.

I never really was a fan of the Motorized AT-AT walker ( the original AT-AT still being my favorite set ) but the MOD's you have done are really nice ! The cockpit looks nice and cosy and same with the body interior ! good work :thumbup:

Your so modest, those are great shots, and I love the mod's especially the AT-AT full of troopers, you never see the inside.

Great to see you do not only take pictures of Lego, those modifications are brilliant.

I might copy the cockpit for my AT-AT (at least partially, and when I get those new pilots), if that`s okay.

I`ve built new legs and body interior already, it`s slowly going the way to a perfect (at least in my eyes) minifig scale AT-AT (I also missed the original one).

You have many AT AT minifig size in the forum or mocpages.

Here you can find the models of Jamie75, Cavegod, Rocko and mine.

If you want to inspire on it, here you are

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/88708

I like the way you fitted 2 minifigs in such a small cockpit.

Greetings!

Edited by sigpro

Generally like to keep official Lego models pretty much as they are, but always enjoy making a few small changes.

A man after my own heart - and I've got to say those changes are really nice. It makes all the difference to have the capacity for 2 pilots in the cockpit. Good work! Your adaption of the body wolooks great aswell - and it' somewhere to keep all those snowtroopers!

I modded my motorised AT-AT too, just the side guns, to whmake it more accurate. I may have at adding capacity to the cockpit too now. :wink:

Some nice modifications on what is a nice set. I admit mine has been pulled apart already, but I may remake it one day in this vein.

Cheers for the pics, very nice and detailed.

The final shot is :wub: , I must learn how to take a dark pic like that one day, or is it a photoshop technique?

This is something that TLC should have done to this model when they did it ones.

Or at least something simular. Your modifications is really great Smokey.

Your photo technique is just fantastic. But I use to say that all the time in the LEGO photo thread :wink:

Thanks for the comments :classic:

The final shot is :wub: , I must learn how to take a dark pic like that one day, or is it a photoshop technique?

Thanks- its shot with a small light on a long exposure- lets you play with the light to create a nice dark backdrop. There's actually a plain white piece of paper just behind the stormies. More of this sort of stuff on my flickr stream and in the photography thread-

SW Lego Photography

Awesome, I like how you managed to get all three figs in the cockpit, it reminds me of that scene in ESB.

Edited by Aussie Tahu Nuva

Great MOD Smokebelch :thumbup::cry_happy:

This is definitly one I will use myself. The two seater is fabulous... it looks so simple yet is so effective!

It reminds me a bit of the AT-ST Mod (from the Endor set) by Lars which I love as well.

I wonder why TLC didnt do these themselves :wacko:

It's not like the construction has become unstable or that many extra parts were used.

The module you placed in the back, is it attached or loose?

Can you make a picture of it outside the body?

Well done anyways.

Nice mod- I especially like the interior. However, I'd suggest modding the exterior too. This AT-AT always seemed awkward looking to me.

Nice ! I like the interior as the previous ones didn't have one even though its suppose to carry troops.

actually, I'd argue that the original, non-motorized AT-AT, when modded, had even more room. I suppose it's because the motorized version has to have the technic frame to support it while walking.

However, I'd suggest modding the exterior too. This AT-AT always seemed awkward looking to me.

You're absolutly right, to me the legs compared to the body are somewhat short. This wasnt the case with the older version. The legs should be closer together as well, but I guess thats too much to ask for a modification and would be redesigning it completly for this to make it work. I hope the new one will have the right proportions in these two points. We'll see.

^^^ yeah i've always prefered the old AT-AT over this one, but this one has grown on me a lot over time. Im sure the rumored new one will blow both out of the water though :thumbup:

The module you placed in the back, is it attached or loose?

Can you make a picture of it outside the body?

Its attached to the interior frame- i'll up some shots when i get a chance this week.