jaredchan

MOC: Gucci™ store

sn203369.jpg

sn203354.jpg

sn203374.jpg

sn203358.jpg

Hello all, this is my first post in 2010, and I had a really long LEGO hiatus indeed, my last MOC was completed in Mar 2009!

This Gucci™ store is actually a follow up model to the Tommy Hilfiger™ Store and features a fully furnished interior that is decorated with reference to the actual Gucci™ Flagship store in New York.

http://www.gucci.com/us/us-english/gucci-n.../store-concept/

But those are 2008 material, so the time in my store must have paused during the last decade... :tongue:

My 2-storey-store features a fully functional revolving door and a balcony, and offers an extensive range of products including bags, men and women's wear, and fragrances.

Ground Floor:

sn203383.jpg

sn203387.jpg

First Floor:

sn203389.jpg

sn203391.jpg

sn203394.jpg

sn203395.jpg

I originally intended to sell ladies clothes of the Indiana Jones girls and Dolores Umbridge (from Harry Potter), but these figs are so insanely expensive that I would rather get clothes for myself. :thumbdown:

Oh, we have a sky window!

sn203371.jpg

Before we wrap up, here's a shot of the Gucci™ store sitting next to Tommy Hilfiger™ Store:

sn203400.jpg

Can anyone guess what is the thing that the middle guy is holding?

sn203347.jpg

It's a iPod Classic...Doesn't really resemble the real thing, does it? :hmpf_bad:

Thanks for reading, looking forward to you comments and criticism!

Absolutely brilliant MOC... and all those techniques you've used for the details are simply wonderful!

P.S.: Make sure you stop by and check out Classic-Town.net's frontpage tomorrow morning!

Edited by MetroiD

Brilliant! Simply Brilliant! It has been a long time since we last a modular building from you, jaredchan. The last time we had seen a lovely MOC, was the Tommy Hilfiger™ specialty store, almost a year ago! :wub:

This MOC no doubt melts my heart, hoping to be in the store shopping with my loved ones. Didn't know that the Indy pouch was part of Gucci products line up. :tongue:

Detailed interior with excellent finishing on your outside!

Thanks for sharing, and I am sure we will be looking forward to more of such outstanding MOCs from your creativity. :thumbup:

Brilliant! Simply Brilliant! It has been a long time since we last a modular building from you, jaredchan. The last time we had seen a lovely MOC, was the Tommy Hilfiger™ specialty store, almost a year ago! :wub:

This MOC no doubt melts my heart, hoping to be in the store shopping with my loved ones. Didn't know that the Indy pouch was part of Gucci products line up. :tongue:

Detailed interior with excellent finishing on your outside!

Thanks for sharing, and I am sure we will be looking forward to more of such outstanding MOCs from your creativity. :thumbup:

Ditto. :tongue: I see you really like your brand name stores :grin: As BlueBard said, there are so many unorthodox building techniques in this! Amazing :thumbup:

OMG all you need now for this MOC is next months limo parked out the front !!! :laugh:

AWESOME MODULAR STORE !!! :sweet::grin::laugh:

The best thing out it is - DETAIL - inside and out, and man talk about merchandise ! :grin:

Are they custom torso use a clothes horses or what ? :grin:

Perfume bottles - where did you get them ? :grin:

I wonder if Jamie B. will look at this and think ....Hmm why didn't I think of that ? :wink:

Great work and I'm a conformist! 'Jaredchan' ! :laugh:

jaredchan, I also remembered a year ago, after went back to the other store, you told me that you have a hard time deciding what to build for your successor, now it seems I have the answer to it after all. :sweet:

I really hope you will continue expanding these stores, and transforming it into a street of luxury fashion!

It's stores' crazyness! :tongue: Wonderful job, jaredchan, even better than your TH's :thumbup: I'm really impressed about the exterior techniques (the stairs or the columns in the entrance are quite clever) but especially about those classy interiors, the disposition, the furniture and the color scheme are just... perfect :cry_happy: BRAVO! :classic:

Great details you put in there! Congratz! :thumbup:;)

I particularly love the color scheme.... In fact, I'm a big fan of dark colors.... :tongue:

I replied to this before, but my internet messed up...

I really like this...andsince I showed this to my girlfriend, she now thinks Lego is doing a "fashion" theme :tongue: , wish I had the parts to create something magnificent like this.

Oh and is the middle guy holding an iPod? definitely looks like one!

Great MOC!

Will/Rocketbilly

Wow! This modular store is incredible! Lots of cool techniques on the outside and lots of interesting merchandise on the inside! :wub:

Are you planning on extending this series of brand name stores to non-fashion stores? If so, I would love to see an Apple Store or a LEGO Store! :grin:

Edited by ILikePi

Nicely done. Love that heart in the window. :classic:

Interesting that you also include the trademark after the Gucci name. Do you work in marketing?

Oh very nice, I love the inside with the outfits on the walls and the nice wodden floors with the boards not matching uo, just like a real wood floor.

The building fits right in with the rest of the modular line.

It's really great.

This looks brilliant! Really innovative work on the front of the building. And the dark green works really well. And then there's all the interior detailing... :sweet:

Fantastic piece of work! Love all the little details in, around and on the building, and the attention given to the fascade.

Really good job, jaderchan.

I like all the smooth and non-rectangular shapes (e.g. the shop stairs) and excellent (rarely seen) color selection.

Amazing work jaderchan!

The colour scheme is perfect and I particularly like the entrance with the pait of columns on each side (the steps along with the square part of the columns match great :thumbup: )

and the slight angle you've given to the roof's front side.

The interior is also great and clearly shows an elegant environment. It's great that you've used the classic smileys! :classic:

Thanks for sharing!

MetroiD: I just checked Classic Town, thanks for your kind words and blogging me! I must declare though that I own only 1 pair of Gucci glasses and surprisingly, I have never been in any Gucci store in real life :hmpf: .

WhiteFang and prateek: I am glad that you guys like it. I have always wanted to do something in dark green and I have started collecting dark green pieces way before I started building Tommy(and I once thought about building Tommy in dark green, but I was sure that I don't have enough pieces for that and the colors don't really match the store, so I went for reddish brown). I told myself not to build any fashion/ brand related house after Tommy was completed as the buildings would be too similar. I originally planned for a very fancy restaurant/ bar, but the use of dark green and dark red couldn't help reminding me of the classic strips on the Gucci handbags. Luckily the two buildings turn out to be very different. :classic:

lightningtiger and Mr Hobbles: Thanks! I bet Jamie B. and LEGO must have thought about this but they can't as I used so many so called illegal techniques, fortunately I am not a LEGO set designer :tongue: ! Those clothes are "willing" donated by 3 poor minifigs (not custom made) and I think the perfume bottles are from the Belville line, I got them from a local brick dealer.

lisqr and dr_spock: I designed the heart more than 2 years ago but I never get the chance to use it, it's also one of my favorite parts of the building :wub: I include "TM" just to make sure everyone knows its a trademark (though I think no one doesn't know about that). In fact, I work in one of the most boring professions in the world...Accounting.

BlueBard: Although the construction took me 2 months and almost half of the time was spent waiting for parts, I actually revised the building a zillion times to get the Gucci sign and the shop window right.

marcosbessa: Thank you! The color scheme is the same as the town hall in 10184 Town Plan, which I really like, and oh, I love your dark blue cinema!

Rocketbilly: Try it yourself! You never know what you are capable to build with the parts you have unless you try it. Limited resources actually pushes you to think of more innovative use of parts :sweet: . And yes, he's holding an iPod!

ILikePi: Nothing is planned at the moment as I have literally used up everything at my disposal. I now have to start collecting bricks all over again, which is quite difficult as many sets that contain special colored bricks are being discontinued altogether (e.g. 10182, 10190 and the VW Beetle, yes, I wanted to do a dark blue building but now I can't :cry_sad: ).

Big Cam, Rick, Freddie, Jonas and Jasper Joppe Geers: Thank you! Dark green has always have a very important place in my heart and I am happy that I blended it successfully with light grey. I was really afraid that the light grey built stone frame would make the building look too dull, so I added a lot of architectural details to the pillars, arch and the front side of the roof. Luckily everything goes very well together. I wish I can do better next time :grin: !

Zorbas: You remind me of that! I should use only classic smilies next time! :classic: on!

Just lovely details. I always love when good colors have been used. Your bag collection is awesome. You should open up a bricklink store and use these MOC as advertising. I would just for fun buy some stuff from you that would have been on display in this store. :classic:

Wow, this is good looking store. It really has that store feeling. This is the kind of building I would like to have in my LEGO City! Great work!

Just lovely details. I always love when good colors have been used. Your bag collection is awesome. You should open up a bricklink store and use these MOC as advertising. I would just for fun buy some stuff from you that would have been on display in this store. :classic:

I wish I have a huge enough collection to sell, but I believe Gucci would put me in jail if I do so :grin: !

Wow, this is good looking store. It really has that store feeling. This is the kind of building I would like to have in my LEGO City! Great work!

Thanks sens1992, I wish I can make a better one next time!

Edited by jaredchan