gotoAndLego

Pimp My ARC-170

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

I picked up the older set and wasn't even finished with it before I decided to modify it. I built new wings, that allow the smaller ones to fold inside the main wing and I created made a new nose. I'm not finished yet, I'd like to do something to the body and engines.

img_0708.jpg

img_0703.jpg

img_0706.jpg

Cheers

The wings look pretty good and its good how they lie flat on the main wing. Im not a fan of the nose though it seems to big in proportion to the whole ship.

The wings are a great mod well done!

Hello!

Your improvements over the original version are great! :classic: You compensated the inaccuracy of the official TLC model by using really nice techniques, and built a much more realistic model. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Great job,i bought a second one these to play about with,defo dont like the original nose section so good job on the facelift :thumbup:

Nice. The new nose design is well done.

The wings are a great improvement from the originals.

Oh wow !! this looks fantastic !! the wings look really nice, i love how you MOD'd them !!

makes me want to get the new ARC even more just so i can MOD it up :cry_happy: great work :thumbup:

Here are some detail shots of the new nose. There are a lot of hidden structural elements. Ditching the bomb compartment gave the correct amount of space needed to use the stand from the Darth Vader's UCS Tie Fighter.

img_0716.jpg

img_0721.jpg

img_0722.jpg

img_0712.jpg

img_0723.jpg

img_0727.jpg

img_0728.jpg

Edited by gotoAndLego

Overall I think it looks really cool :classic: ,but the fact that the lower wings are smaller than the upper wings bug me. The nose is better than the original but is a little out of scale :sceptic: .

Some one get me a shovel, because I can dig it.

That last picture is awesome, it brings to scale the massive size of that ship.

Your improvements look great.

After messing around with both the 8088 and 7259 for a while now, just wanted to point out you have the center clear side windows backwards. The triangle "window" part should be facing front.

4279957282_1c4c2fccd5.jpg

And just like you, if you see my review, I have my window on backwards too. lol. :tongue:

Your mods mkae it more evident(sp?) but if you curve the wings, doesn't it look like SW ripped off the Bird of Prey from Star Trek?

After messing around with both the 8088 and 7259 for a while now, just wanted to point out you have the center clear side windows backwards. The triangle "window" part should be facing front.

Fixed, luckily on my older set I can just flip the pieces around.

Yup. Doesn't help if the sticker is on backwards. lol.

Fixed, luckily on my older set I can just flip the pieces around.

Yup. Doesn't help if the sticker is on backwards. lol.

One more reason why I HATE stickers, you only get one chance, unless you catch your mistake right away.

Looks great, the new wings are certainly an improvement, though I`d guess they have the same problem as the original wings: hanging down a bit under their own load.

The nose is brilliant too, there is al lot less gaps there.

My only problem with this is that the lower fold-out wings are smaller than the upper ones, I am pretty sure they are the same size on the real ACR-170.

Despite that, I think this is great, especially if you are also going to modify the body and engines.

Looks great, the new wings are certainly an improvement, though I`d guess they have the same problem as the original wings: hanging down a bit under their own load.

However clever the original Technic action is, I think part of the redesign would have to include a long studless bar to support the wings. I think it needs a new Technic system.