johnsocal

Mando battle pack in 2011?

I was thinking that the best opposition battle pack to a Mando battle pack could be a generic JEDI battle pack with some new (colored) light saber blades. While unlikely it would be cool.

A Mando BP, would be very cool!

But mandos are expensive so its hard to think of four being in a BP.

I reckon if TLC did do a mando BP, I think the figs would be Jango, and then maybe two other mando's, with maybe a boba fig for the fourth fig.

Just ideas though. :classic:

CommanderFox

Here's my idea:

Mando BP:

Memorial Shrine

Mando Speeder Bike

Duchess Satine

Guard

???

???

Death watch BP:

Assasin Probe

Tal Merrick

Pre Vissla

Death Watch Troop

Death Watch Troop

NOTE: I still haven't seen these Episode (Though I want to badly) I'm basing this mainly on Wookiepedia information.

After looking at the new pics of Boba's new helmet, there is no doubt in my mind that they will recolor it and reuse it for Mandos eventually. Not sure if they will be in a BP or not, but there's a very good chance they might be, considering their popularity and the fact that we saw an entire army of these guys in the last episode.

I wouldn't be surprised if they put Satine in the Battle Pack (if there is one), because they put a Pilot in the newest Rebel Battle Pack, knowing that some of us don't want an army of Rebel Pilots. So Satine isn't out of the question.

Still can't see it happening. Still far too obscure and before people bring in the CW cartoon again, it really must be put in perspective. It's not on free-to-air TV and it's not exceptionally popular. People have to realise that the Eurobricks demographic is not the same as the Lego/toy-purchasing demographic.

It's like Transformers collecting, even though the hardcore older fans are the most vocal customers, the vast majority of Hasbro's business comes from well, clueless kids or their parents who have no idea who Starscream or Ironhide are, but Bumblebee? 'Hey mum! It's Bumblebee! I want it!', character recognition is a big draw for toy sales. A huge portion of this target demographic won't have experienced Star Wars EU comics, novels, videogames, ancient scrolls or musicals, let alone stream the TV show. 90% of people who classify themselves as Star Wars fans won't know what a 'Mandalorian' is. Believe it or not EB, we're not 'normal' toy consumers and what we consider run-of-the-mill lore for us may be a big '???' for mainstream customers.

Still can't see it happening. Still far too obscure and before people bring in the CW cartoon again, it really must be put in perspective. It's not on free-to-air TV and it's not exceptionally popular. People have to realise that the Eurobricks demographic is not the same as the Lego/toy-purchasing demographic.

It's like Transformers collecting, even though the hardcore older fans are the most vocal customers, the vast majority of Hasbro's business comes from well, clueless kids or their parents who have no idea who Starscream or Ironhide are, but Bumblebee? 'Hey mum! It's Bumblebee! I want it!', character recognition is a big draw for toy sales. A huge portion of this target demographic won't have experienced Star Wars EU comics, novels, videogames, ancient scrolls or musicals, let alone stream the TV show. 90% of people who classify themselves as Star Wars fans won't know what a 'Mandalorian' is. Believe it or not EB, we're not 'normal' toy consumers and what we consider run-of-the-mill lore for us may be a big '???' for mainstream customers.

Ah, but as said before, most people DO know who Boba or Jango are. Little kids would immediatly relate them to one of them, and say: "Mommy! Look! It's the bad guy! Lots of him! Cool!" I know, kids are strange :laugh: .

I find it quite amusing how you've said that no one knows who the Mandalorians are, in fact they are EASILY recognizable to children, even if the name is unknown to them, they'll still know exactly what they are.

I find the demographics much in favor of a Mando battlepack, simply because kids buy what is cool, and frankly I'm pretty certain that if kids find Clones cool, Mandos will be that much more attractive to them. :wink:

Ah, but as said before, most people DO know who Boba or Jango are. Little kids would immediatly relate them to one of them, and say: "Mommy! Look! It's the bad guy! Lots of him! Cool!" I know, kids are strange :laugh: .

As a kid, my favorite Star Wars character was Boba Fett. Most kids (including me back in the day) find him extremely cool due to the armor, badassness, etc...

Kids are great buyers because of that, and their parents will mostly buy whatever the kid finds cool. :laugh:

Edited by Inertia

After looking at the new pics of Boba's new helmet, there is no doubt in my mind that they will recolor it and reuse it for Mandos eventually. Not sure if they will be in a BP or not, but there's a very good chance they might be, considering their popularity and the fact that we saw an entire army of these guys in the last episode.

Agreed. I would'nt be surprised to have the "bad guys" battlepack being four Mandalorians, one with a jetpack, and with different helmet markings (just like the Death Watch leader... They are popular, and Lego already have the molds... Now I just wonder who would be their opposite... Maybe the last episodes will reveal a new kind of clones, or Lego will at last produce an ARF trooper helmet...

I'm heavily weighing my guess on a Mando Battle pack. The new Boba Fett helmet design really adds the CW Mando touch. It would be in TLC's best interest to pump out what is of interest. I would imagine 4 minifigs in a pack. I hope they will sport the classic jetpack style, since that is what we have seen in the DW episodes. Price would be above the current battle packs, mainly due to new release and purely the love for the Mando armor. I'll tell you right now, I'd put a huge chunk in TLC's inventory if they end up doing this.

With all the new mando's in CW, I think this idea of them in a BP could actually be possible! :cry_happy::wub:

I agree with Oky, that they will re-use boba's helmet.

CommanderFox