johnsocal

Mando battle pack in 2011?

I'd love to see Mandalorians, but I doubt they're going to be released in a set (not counting Boba Fett).

Personally, I think that just because Lego makes a new mould, it doesn't necessarily mean they'll reuse it, in this case, for Mandalorians. Of course, if there is a specific event relating to them happening soon (some people mentioned the Clone Wars series, which I don't really follow), Lego might pick up on the idea.

It may happen but I have a suspision next years BP will be endor BPs.

I doubt it. There is a clear battle of switching beetween Clone Wars and Galactic Civil War. repeating one of these would not only leave customers cunfused, but make Mandos angry and LEGO headquarters in ruins :tongue: .

Based on what? Mandolorians don't appear in the OT or PT.

Excuse me? Not only was Jango adopted into the Mando society- hence making him Mando- but his son, Boba, is also Mandolorian. That makes BOTH PT AND OT.

I doubt it. There is a clear battle of switching beetween Clone Wars and Galactic Civil War. repeating one of these would not only leave customers cunfused, but make Mandos angry and LEGO headquarters in ruins :tongue: .

But as Legoman said,

I personally think Next years BP's will be Endor. I know as of yet they've been PT, OT, PT, OT, But thats actully irrelevant. It's not like thats a TLG law :laugh: , They can, and will do whatever they want, which will to be whatever they think the fans want/what will sell - Which IMO, At this stage, Is Endor :wink:

It just so happens that they have switched from PT to OT and vice versa but it doesnt mean they have to stick to it. Any ways, I think a mando battle pack wouldnt sell as well as an endor one because the Assassin droid BP was a complete mistake and special BP dont work that well.

I personally think Next years BP's will be Endor. I know as of yet they've been PT, OT, PT, OT, But thats actully irrelevant. It's not like thats a TLG law :laugh: , They can, and will do whatever they want, which will to be whatever they think the fans want/what will sell - Which IMO, At this stage, Is Endor :wink:

I never said it was a TLG law. It was just something I've noticed. This topic doesn't have much to run on. I was just giving a little possible back up. I would prefer Endor BPs over more CW. :wub:

Wow a Mandarin Battle pack, hope they are still ripe!

Mmmmmm, juicy.

f-mandarins.jpg

Seriously, I would much rather see an Endor Battlepack series. They would be far more recognisable than Mandolorians. However, since its nearly a full year before we will even see a new wave of Battlepacks I choose to divert my energies and wishes elsewhere for at least 6 months, and stock up on the Hoth ones for now.

OT On! Old fart signing off.

I, for one, wouldn't mind seeing a Mandalorian battle pack, as then I could get the new helmats and jetpacks in different colors, and for a cheaper price.

Excuse me? Not only was Jango adopted into the Mando society- hence making him Mando- but his son, Boba, is also Mandolorian. That makes BOTH PT AND OT.

But how many times was the word Mandalorian uttered in any of the 6 films? If memory serves the correct answer is 0. No casual Star Wars fan knows that Jango is a Mandalorian and even some of the more hardcore fans probably don't know it either. I had never even heard the term until I played KOTOR. This is why doing Endor battle packs makes so much more sense. Even the most casual Star Wars fan knows about biker scouts and ewoks/rebel commandos.

But how many times was the word Mandalorian uttered in any of the 6 films? If memory serves the correct answer is 0. No casual Star Wars fan knows that Jango is a Mandalorian and even some of the more hardcore fans probably don't know it either. I had never even heard the term until I played KOTOR. This is why doing Endor battle packs makes so much more sense. Even the most casual Star Wars fan knows about biker scouts and ewoks/rebel commandos.

Just wait (two weeks or so) until the Clone Wars series begins to be beat down the word Mandalorian like you have never witnessed before. By this time next year everyone and their grandma will know what a Mandalorian is.

Just wait (two weeks or so) until the Clone Wars series begins to be beat down the word Mandalorian like you have never witnessed before. By this time next year everyone and their grandma will know what a Mandalorian is.

Its unfortunate I can't watch it here. I'll have to buy DVD's to watch it :sad: . Mandalorian would go well with the new slave I coming soon.

If they were to make a mando battle pack what would be the opposite faction?

Its unfortunate I can't watch it here. I'll have to buy DVD's to watch it :sad: . Mandalorian would go well with the new slave I coming soon.

You can go to this website and watch them, its what I do.

If they were to make a mando battle pack what would be the opposite faction?

You can go to this website and watch them, its what I do.

I assume Mandos will fight both Jedis and/or droids, but we will have to wait to see how Lucas portrays the Mandos in the CW series.

Thi is actually a very good point.

So how many "casual Star Wars fans" know what an Assassin Droid is? Sorry, that theory does not make sense. Since the Mandos are going to be in the series, and Star Wars.com is talking about them, it's quite possible that there could be a battlepack with them. The Jan 2011 will most likely be CW if the battlepack alternating trend continues, and they are cool characters that would sell well.

Besides, the name doesn't matter so much. People who aren't in the know could see the sets and say "Oh! Guys that look like Boba or Jango, cool!" Especially since the Assassin droids were in about one or two episodes in a junk-collector's ship for two seconds and got a battlepack, it's quite plausible that LEGO will do mandos, since I think they are always looking for something to put in a battlepack opposite Clones that is not a battledroid.

So how many "casual Star Wars fans" know what an Assassin Droid is? Sorry, that theory does not make sense. Since the Mandos are going to be in the series, and Star Wars.com is talking about them, it's quite possible that there could be a battlepack with them. The Jan 2011 will most likely be CW if the battlepack alternating trend continues, and they are cool characters that would sell well.

Besides, the name doesn't matter so much. People who aren't in the know could see the sets and say "Oh! Guys that look like Boba or Jango, cool!" Especially since the Assassin droids were in about one or two episodes in a junk-collector's ship for two seconds and got a battlepack, it's quite plausible that LEGO will do mandos, since I think they are always looking for something to put in a battlepack opposite Clones that is not a battledroid.

I didn't know that the Mando's were going to be in the future SW clone ars episodes. I'm horribly behind. I agree they would sell well and would be easily known my Jango or Boba.

IF they weren't going to be in the series, I think it wouldn't make sense since otherwise why would they give you more than one boba.

But with the CW series, this changes everything.

<br />If they were to make a mando battle pack what would be the opposite faction?<br /><br /><br />You can go to <a href="http://www.watchtheclonewars.com/Watch-Full-Clone-Wars-Episodes-Season-2.html" target="_blank">this website</a> and watch them, its what I do. <br /><br /><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

Nah, I have dial-up. I'd be better off to just read about it on Wookiepedia.

So how many "casual Star Wars fans" know what an Assassin Droid is?...

Errr.... You're just proving my point :tongue: No-one knew what an assassin droid was, the BP's still lie in shops around the world, because no-one knows what they are, and no-one wants them.

Admittably, I do think Mando's would sell better than assassin droids, but I still don't give it much chance, Sorry.

...The Jan 2011 will most likely be CW if the battlepack alternating trend continues, and they are cool characters that would sell well...

Keyword: If :wink:

To be honest, If Next years BP's aren't endor, I wouldn't actully be that surprised to see standard Battledroid BP's again (could be versing anything from gungans, to clones, to wookies!) . No-one ever has enough BD's, prices have gone up again, and it will have been 4 years... Just a thought...

Edited by legoman

Exactly why the Assassin Droid BP didn't sell well. No one knew who they were.

I agree that if they do release a Mando BP, most people would only buy them because they look like Boba or Jango.

You're right about the Droids not selling well, but I don't think it's about nobody knowing about them. I remember huge stocks of the first droid battlepack months and months, even a year after the release. It's just that droids are not as interesting as normal minifigures, so I think Mandos would sell better even if nobody's heard of them.

If LEGO does decide to go the droid route again, maybe they'll make a pack with those commando-ninja droids and a tactical droid. I'm sure those wouldn't sell as well as minifigures either, but that is what I think is plausible for a new droid pack.

I think it didnt sell well because they arent generic minifigs and you cant really build up an army with them like you can do with the clone walker battle pack. I thinkt that this would also happen to a mando BP

While I doubt that this will ever happen, I know I'd love it too. :grin:

Please, this doesn't even belong in it's own topic. Sure, we have a new Boba, and sure, we have Mandos in the Clone Wars, but this is all just a guess with absolutely no evidence backing it, and we also have a much larger, sturdier rumor that LSW will be gone in 2011. :hmpf:

That's an even more obscure rumor. :hmpf: Yes, the license ends. But in the middle of the Clone Wars, and with a live action series coming up? Lego is going to revive it.

I think it didnt sell well because they arent generic minifigs and you cant really build up an army with them like you can do with the clone walker battle pack. I thinkt that this would also happen to a mando BP

Nah. They are generic minifigs- but Mandos. I'm sure kids would want buckets of them. :tongue:

But in the middle of the Clone Wars, and with a live action series coming up? Lego is going to revive it.

Nah. They are generic minifigs- but Mandos. I'm sure kids would want buckets of them. :tongue:

There's a live action show coming!?! Yes! If that's true, I'd like to see a renewal!

Pretty much anyone would want buckets, heck, even crates of Mandos. :tongue:

There's a live action show coming!?!

What rock have you been hiding under? It must have great insulation - I may borrow it to hide under if TLG doesn't stop releasing CW sets :sing::tongue:

Edited by legoman