johnsocal

Mando battle pack in 2011?

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

I would not be surprised if we get a Mando battle pack around this time next year with a new Mando helmet and jet pack. I would think the new Mando helmet will show up on a new version of Boba or Jango that will be shown @ Toyfair.

Based on what? Mandolorians don't appear in the OT or PT. Are they making a big return in the Clone Wars or something, or did you just make this up?

Based on what? Mandolorians don't appear in the OT or PT. Are they making a big return in the Clone Wars or something, or did you just make this up?

They are in fact making a big apperance in the CW soon, there doing a layout in star wars insider, preview is here

Yes, there will be a Mando episode soon. But what makes you so sure? :sceptic::thumbdown: Unless you saw some info from a reliable source, then you're just making it up and finding an excuse to make a topic. :hmpf_bad:

Yes, there will be a Mando episode soon. But what makes you so sure? :sceptic::thumbdown: Unless you saw some info from a reliable source, then you're just making it up and finding an excuse to make a topic. :hmpf_bad:

Actually, he says that he wouldn't be surprised if there is a mndolorian battle pack, which means this topic should be moved to a different thread for wanted star wars sets. Make sure that you search the forums before posting a new topic. This should be moved to a wanted list.

A PT BP would make the most sense for 2011 if TLG follows their pattern. This is my logic:

1st BPs - PT - Clone and Droid

2nd BPs - OT - Rebel Fleets and Stormies

3rd BPs - PT - CW Clones and Assassin Droids

4th BPs - OT - Hoth Rebels and Hoth Stormies

I'd really love a Mando BP. :wub: I really think this would belong in the "Wanted SW Sets" thread. This is pretty much just speculation. :sceptic:

It may happen but I have a suspision next years BP will be endor BPs. It will break the chain but if it is the last year for SW then they will fit in really well.

You've got a point there. In the picture that we have of the new Slave I, you can clearly see that Boba has a new kind of helmet. It would seem typical for TLC to recolor it and use it for CW Mandos later on, but I doubt it would be a BP, although it's possible of course.

But as others have said, this doesn't deserve its own thread, unless you have some real proof. :sceptic:

Really I'd love a mando battlepack but they probably wont make one but most likely they will use boba's helmet mould more than in just that set. :classic:

A Mando battle pack seems cool.

But as others have said, this doesn't deserve its own thread, unless you have some real proof. :sceptic:

I agree with Oky Wan and others, I too think this should belong in "wants" for star wars sets and there should be some sort of proof.

I'd say it is fairly likely that we'll see a Mando BP. The next wave based on the trend looks to be CW-based, and Mandos are a popular and as-of-yet underrepresented faction. Plus Boba's getting a new helmet mold, and the new backpack mold from the tank droid. It's always good for them to use the mold in multiple sets, to justify it's existence.

You've got a point there. In the picture that we have of the new Slave I, you can clearly see that Boba has a new kind of helmet. It would seem typical for TLC to recolor it and use it for CW Mandos later on, but I doubt it would be a BP, although it's possible of course.

Do you know where I could find that pick of the new Slave 1?

Do you know where I could find that pick of the new Slave 1?

Just search "star wars 2010" into brickshelf and you should get your answer. Boba uses the same jet pack Lego made for the Tank Droid.

Edited by Roncanator

Just search "star wars 2010" into brickshelf and you should get your answer. Boba uses the same jet pack Lego made for the Tank Droid.

I assumed LEGO would be coming out with a new Fett/Mandalorian helmet but I didn't know for sure. A Mando battle pack would sell very well and we all know in the end LEGO will put out stuff that sells.

A Mando BP - Yes and why not ? :grin:

As the BP for this year is classic Star Wars i.e. ESB, then next year back to CW is a possiblity. :grin:

The question would then be what would the other BP be of - special clones ? :grin:

I assumed LEGO would be coming out with a new Fett/Mandalorian helmet but I didn't know for sure. A Mando battle pack would sell very well and we all know in the end LEGO will put out stuff that sells.

You think so? I don't think a Mandalorian battle pack would sell that well honestly. And what would be the opposing battle pack in this case? Who knows what Lego is actually going to make, but Rebel Endor Commandos and Imperial Scout Trooper battle packs would sell much better IMO. Those are much more familiar characters than Mandalorians.

Please, this doesn't even belong in it's own topic. Sure, we have a new Boba, and sure, we have Mandos in the Clone Wars, but this is all just a guess with absolutely no evidence backing it, and we also have a much larger, sturdier rumor that LSW will be gone in 2011. :hmpf:

We're talking about possibly the coolest kids on the SW blok, Of course it deserves it's own topic! :tongue:

But seriously guys, don't flame the poor kid because he had a cool idea that most LSW fans dream of :wink:

I see it as possible, but usually battle packs are a few similar figs and one different one.

I'll sure buy it if they do.

I'd really love a Mando BP, but I think next year's BPs will be Endor BPs, like Ewoks vs. Biker Scouts or something. :thumbup:

A PT BP would make the most sense for 2011 if TLG follows their pattern. This is my logic:

1st BPs - PT - Clone and Droid

2nd BPs - OT - Rebel Fleets and Stormies

3rd BPs - PT - CW Clones and Assassin Droids

4th BPs - OT - Hoth Rebels and Hoth Stormies

5th Mandos

6th Endor ?

5th Mandos

6th Endor ?

Yes. No Maybe. I don't know. :grin: I hope that's what were getting. Who would be the opposing the Mandos? Both sound really great. Who doesn't want an army of MAndos and Endor Commandos? :wub:

This topic is funny :laugh:

Some of you jumped to rather wierd conclusions after seeing this topic. This is not even a rumor, It's just an Idea, accidentally posted in the wrong place - Of corse he won't have sorces or proof of an idea! :tongue:

I personally think Next years BP's will be Endor. I know as of yet they've been PT, OT, PT, OT, But thats actully irrelevant. It's not like thats a TLG law :laugh: , They can, and will do whatever they want, which will to be whatever they think the fans want/what will sell - Which IMO, At this stage, Is Endor :wink:

I would have doubted it, but since we had the IG Assassin Droid pack why not?

.....And they failed miserably. Every shop has stockpiles of them that nobody wants. The clones, however, which everyone knows of and loves, sold like hotcakes

Edited by legoman