71 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding!

Thanks for this great review! :thumbup:

Assuming the 1 to 1 exchange rate, this set for $15 would be a really good deal, however more realistic is $20.

I however like the trailer. The parts used to make it up are quite large, but so are the 2 parts on the cement truck that make the cement mixer and those were also nice. Real life gas trucks have double trailers I believe over just 1. But this single design is very nice. I am sad thought that you didn't put the stickers on, the Octan stickers are a huge detail of this set. I always apply stickers whether I like them or not. :wink: Now for the Truck itself. Nothing special, quite ordinary as we have seen many trucks like this before and currently. The gas pump is a cool feature. Now all we need is an octan gas station to refill :grin: (Maybe in the TRU Fans choice?) The minifigure, that torso is quite old (10 years +) I am surprised they used it :hmpf_bad: Instead a new octan employee jumpsuit or something would have been much better. Yes that is the new cap we talked about last year in the advent calender review by whitefang.

Overall a cool set and I will pick this one up.

Great review mikey, I hope you have liked the set, because I :wub: them. The colors are fantastic distributd all long truck, adn I love the trailler, the cylindrical parts are very nice, and I see them at a train wagon, very soon I hope. When I can, I will buy this set, certanly. :thumbup:

Great review! :thumbup:

I will probably get one of these for the parts, and then MOC a 7-wide one. :grin:

Thanks for the great review mikey! :thumbup:

The set looks nice I think. The truck isn't something too innovative and spectacular but the colour scheme does the difference in here. The colour combination is great and makes it look like something that was just introduced.

The trailer looks nice too. Again, excellent colour combination and nice small details. It's true that both the truck with the trailer make a long vehicle but I think that we have to accept that. I'm not a fan of large 6-wide vehicles -classic town is still my thing- but seeing it from a neutral point of view, it certainly looks nice. Plus, after having bought many 6-wides, I have become familiar with those.

I like the torso on the minifig. I have one of those from the 7993 Service Station and it's great. I even like how white legs match with the torso. A very interesting result. :classic:

Overall, a very nice set that I'll surely get my hands on it. :thumbup:

Great review Mikey. You beat me to it - I'd taken the pictures and everything - but I don't really have anything to add to yours (except perhaps less blurry pics! :wink:) The new piece used to hold the windscreen on does indeed solve the door problem; feels a bit like cheating to me, but judging from the reviews I've read of other doorless trucks the presence of opening doors is important to Legoites.

I'm a sucker for Lego trucks, and I love the 6-wides. Personally, I think this is a great set; I don't really have a problem with the exposed ends of the tank pieces. My main criticism is the low clearance of the large plate under the back wheels - there's only a plate-height between the base and the road; I worry about my poor legodude grounding his truck. Luckily there are no 'traffic calming measures' in Studsville. (do other countries have these, or is it just the UK?)

The coupling between the tractor and trailer is a blue half-axle connector; the truck seemed a bit too long to me so I moved this connector one hole back on the the trailer which seemed to improve it without restricting movement.

This set is a must-buy for Town truck fans. Lego has come a long way since this set, from my early childhood:

671-1.jpg

:wub:

Rufus

Nice review. It has been quite a long while since we last saw an oil tanker, and this tanker is just the right size for energy transportation. I like the idea of how Octan came about once more in these City sets. Thanks for sharing.

This review has been featured in Classic-Town.net.

Thanks for the review mikey! Even though I love this set and can't wait to have it my City, I voted it above average because of the ends of the trailer. They are a bit of a disappointment. Other than that;

City 2010 ON!! :grin:

Edited by marvinblue

Bought this today, agree that the trailer seems overly large. Most if not all of the parts are there to compact it down to to a rigid with two of the tank segments though - something I'll take a go at shortly!

As I said:

shuntedtanker.jpg

Need to get another set of white wheel arches, but thats a shunted version just using parts from the set itself. Looks and feels much more to scale for a home heating oil or standard petrol station delivery truck - the original one sems to be conflicted between a petrol station (the pump) and an airport truck (the box art)!

Edited by Cian

Made this up yesterday. Moved tank pivot pin back one hole to shorten length of whole truck. Still plenty of clearance when turning. Turned tank rear bumper/lights piece upside down so that ladder doesn't cover number plate and lights. Ladder now sits parallel to tank rear. Only three hatches on top of tank to match the three curved sections. (Hi octane, low octane and diesel). :wink:

I haven't got this set, but it was displayed at Lego World in Copenhagen 10 days ago. So was a truck scaled 6:1, built by members of Danish AFOL community "Byggepladen".

Here a couple of pictures I took.

4398664086_5da126a374_o.jpg

4398664252_2f003c4c32_o.jpg

Flickr link

Very impressive and quite accurate. Thanks for the photo Front.

I just hope that this isn't a sign of what's coming in the future when it comes to vehicle wideness and size in LEGO sets.

:grin: