Sign in to follow this  
Modulex Guy

What to build with my Modulex?

Like the title states, I have over 20,000 bricks of Modulex and 4 very large baseplates that I have no idea on what to build.

I would like some suggestions on what to do.

I'm up in the air with a few ideas:

Castle

Japanese Temple

Small City

but I could use some more ideas or pick one of the three above. :thumbup:

Here are pics of what I have to work with:

P1060135.jpg

P1060137.jpg

P1060138.jpg

P1060139.jpg

P1060140.jpg

P1060141.jpg

P1060143.jpg

P1060145.jpg

Wow! :oh3: I envy your humongous collection of Modulex!

I personally would like to see a microscale city, but that might be hard to make because you'll need tiles for the roads (the Modulex tiles are the same height as the bricks, right?).

Also, every building would be pretty similar because Modulex slopes and stuff like that don't exist.

Edited by ILikePi

Wow! :oh3: I envy your humongous collection of Modulex!

I personally would like to see a microscale city, but that might be hard to make because you'll need tiles for the roads (the Modulex tiles are the same height as the bricks, right?).

Also, every building would be pretty similar because Modulex slopes and stuff like that don't exist.

Yes, the tiles are the same height as the bricks.

And yes there are Modulex slopes in many different heights, I just havent gotten any (yet). :grin:

Hello!

I remember a highlight on "The Brother's Brick" a while ago, where someone built Modulex versions of the market street and café corner buildings. I digged it out, and maybe it's good for some inspiration of building tricks. :classic:

Modulex Café Corner and Market Street

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Who or what is a Modulex? :tongue:

I for one opt for an awesome Castle build, as I am quite a Castle fan myself. Failing that, post Apocalyptic wastelands are another favourite of mine. The browns, oranges and greens you have could work well with that, as well as the greys for ruined buildings. Just a suggestion. :sweet:

~Peace

Judging by the amount of tan you have, a desert scene might be cool. Otherwise, I would also say a Castle. A micro city might be a little tricky, but seeing those Modulex Modulars, I guess more is possible than I would have thought.

Who or what is a Modulex? :tongue:

here is the short definition:

Modulex is an architectural brick building system made during the 60's and 70's by the LEGO company.

:thumbup:

Yes it is LEGO, half the bricks have LEGO on the studs, while others have "M" on them, and they are tiny bricks compared to LEGO, less than half the size a 1x1 is a 5mm cube.

Judging the amount of tan and white I would suggest some sort of stately building.

For example an old Manor, Concert Hall, a Library, a Railway Station, a Summer Palace, or even maybe a Brau Haus or something.

Kind regards,

Teddy

I would try something I don't think has ever been done before. Of the top of my head I can think of a train or some sort of nature scene, but with sofew creations out there you could build just about anything and it would be original.

I would try something I don't think has ever been done before. Of the top of my head I can think of a train or some sort of nature scene, but with sofew creations out there you could build just about anything and it would be original.

here is the short definition:

Modulex is an architectural brick building system made during the 60's and 70's by the LEGO company.

Yes it is LEGO, half the bricks have LEGO on the studs, while others have "M" on them, and they are tiny bricks compared to LEGO, less than half the size a 1x1 is a 5mm cube.

How interesting. Is it in any way compatible with Lego bricks?

~Peace

Is it in any way compatible with Lego bricks?

Sadly, no it is not compatible with normal LEGO bricks.

Sadly, no it is not compatible with normal LEGO bricks.

I have never heard of this ever. I'm blown away.

Any chance you could take a 1x4 brick and take a picture of it next to a regular LEGO 1x4 brick?

I'm very intreaged by this.

Wow, that's quite a collection you have there. I wonder how much they're all worth?

I would personally like to see some miniaturized versions of real sets, like the Cafe Corner legostein shared above. Especially classics, like Yellow Castle or Space Invader. I think that would be really awesome. :thumbup:

I wonder how much they're all worth?

Too much! :grin: especially looking at some of the rare parts like a 1x3 clear brick, they can go for up to 1 USD a brick or a 1x4x4 window that can go for 20 USD!

Pics with a normal 2x4 brick!

LEGO on the left, Modulex on the right.

P1060149.jpg

Yes, a 2x5 and 1x5 brick! you can also see the "M" or "LEGO" on the studs.

P1060148.jpg

Edited by Polish Guy

Yeah these were like the Nano bricks that Megablocks had, I have a large collection of them. They are pretty decent, grat quality and they hold up well, despite being a clone brand.

Anyways, what to do with these...Send them to me! Ahem, Perhaps create a maxifig out of them? It could be quite neat.

Too much! :grin: especially looking at some of the rare parts like a 1x3 clear brick, they can go for up to 1 USD a brick or a 1x4x4 window that can go for 20 USD!

Pics with a normal 2x4 brick!

LEGO on the left, Modulex on the right.

P1060149.jpg

Yes, a 2x5 and 1x5 brick! you can also see the "M" or "LEGO" on the studs.

P1060148.jpg

OMG, I want, NOW. These are next to impossible to obtain aren't they?

Miniature LEGO's, name oe thing that's cooler!!!

Thanks for that picture.

OMG, I want, NOW. These are next to impossible to obtain aren't they?

They're available on Bricklink.com. Go to parts, and look for Modulex (as well as Modulex Brick, Modulex Tile, etc.).

Miniature LEGO, name one thing that's cooler!!!

Regular Lego :wink:

Yes id does get quite expensive, but I have enough of it for now to do some building...I just do not know what yet. :thumbup: