I normally build my new sets following the book first and after that start thinking about any changes I'd like to make.

This time I did things a little different, mainly because of the MODs proposed by Han in two great PDFs available at his website. Those MODs include twin wheels for the rear axles.

Not happy with that I decided to take things a little further and include ea second differential:

4263839282_4f802096dd_o.jpg

you can see my first attempt to connect the second diff in this picture, but the final version is a little stronger:

4275658663_27afb30c76_o.jpg

I then added a driving motor on top of the 8V:

4275582247_abd9d00810_o.jpg

And a steering motor behind the cabin:

4280270158_673965e9ab_o.jpg

Finally I also changed the doors so they open:

4269020661_86589d899d_o.jpg

You can see a few more pictures in my Flickr gallery

Very nice MOD, it seems to be a lot better than the original. I can't wait to see a video with it in action.

Good job.

Nice mods, especially the dual differentials. I was also wondering if that M motor is powerful enough to move the whole thing.

First off, thanks for all the replies!

looks amazing, respect is the M-Motor powerful enough ?

More than enough. I first tried with a single reduction stage but added a second because the truck moved too fast

Did you displace the Xl motor to accomidate the second diff? Good job, cant wait to see a vid!
Nice work!

but did you add a new subframe at the rear to link the diffs?

Have you seen this solution: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=4202537

Actually I hadn't seen that (or if I had I'd forgotten about it. That solution implies moving the XL motor up which I didn't.

At first I thought the extra frame was very low, but on second thoughts... the frame below the gearing for the arm already has a frame at the same height to which this one is an extention

Very nice MOD, it seems to be a lot better than the original. I can't wait to see a video with it in action.

Good job.

Hadn't thought of making one, but I'll see what I can come up with...

Nice work :classic:

I particularly like your steering motor location.

Will be trying some of that out tonight I think. I am surprised the doors dont open as standard also.

Hello Jetro,

du you have a zip File with the Images or more Photos of your very good modifikations?

I like the 2nd Diff and your way of integrating the steering and driving part, but the flicker images are not allowed to download and I do not see all the changes.

Greatings

Jochen

@ Jochen: Welcome to Eurobricks! :classic: Here's how to save pictures on Flickr:

1) Right-click on the picture. Left-click on the "Medium 640" size.

2) On the picture you see next, right-click and "Save Picture As" a JPEG on your computer.

@ Jochen: Welcome to Eurobricks! :classic: Here's how to save pictures on Flickr:

1) Right-click on the picture. Left-click on the "Medium 640" size.

2) On the picture you see next, right-click and "Save Picture As" a JPEG on your computer.

Thx, the steering ist very nice integrated, but for driving I try to integrate ist directly on the backside with the xl motorblock and use a m-motor for the crane. when i have finished, i will show the pictures

greatings

jochen