user

Cyberpunk Discussion Thread

Oooh, this looks great! I'll have to join right away :grin:

I have a question or two(or more); have the humans encountered aliens yet? Does everyone have a chip at the moment, or is it at the 1000$ stage? Could my character be a pirate (not the ARG! kind, but, like a futuristic pirate)?

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Sorry Danny but no aliens yet. But As I said to disturbia there could be a team in the other catagory f sewer dwelling mutants of some kind because he wanted to be an alien too. :classic:

Ohh, I forgot about the N.E.R.V.A. chips. Well I guess my character has his flaws and so if you can, computerbug, add this to my profile.

When Nintha was still with the government he was signed up for a prototype version of the N.E.R.V.A. chip which was successful except it will cause him to black out at random times or when he is really stressed.

Name; Inserge Rye

Age 20-30s (not common knowlege)

Gender; Male

Group; Other (Pirates)

(will update with a picture soon, don't worry)

Originally from the Antarctic enviro-domes, Inserge and his band of pirates had terrorized the coasts, and rivers (and when he could get his hands on a vehicle everywhere else) for the last decade. That was before the local police force caught his men and executed them for their crimes. The police never caught Inserge, or as he was called back then; Deluge, but ever since his livelihood was taken away from him, he has vowed two things. One: never to amass a posy as large, or cause as much chaos without reason, and two to get revenge against the continent he is now forced to live on. For the last year he has remained undercover and underground, having discovered extensive sewer and old mine routes through which he can get to many places in the city. He is cold, but since his failure he has been more willing to coexist with others, and even show some compassion. He is definitely not a hero, but he feels that he's on the right side. Since he is from Antarctica and was never tied down by the authorities, he does not have a chip.

Is this character acceptable Compy? If not I could try another :classic:

Ill make a fig and post him tomorrow after school. Thanks

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Hey Nintha I added it but but it's not called the N.E.R.V.A just N.E.R.V. :wink: And Danny I added your character and hope to see everyone's character pics soon. :classic:

Edited by computerbug

Thank you, and I'm honored that you let me play.

I'm assuming that since you Ok-ed it that the Antarctic stuff is cannon now, and that it's ok if my character is chipless and from another continent.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Thank you, and I'm honored that you let me play.

I'm assuming that since you Ok-ed it that the Antarctic stuff is cannon now, and that it's ok if my character is chipless and from another continent.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Yeah that's fine the fact that almost every character so far is chipless kinda annoys me but it's nothing big. :wink: But if they find you you'll be in big trouble! :tongue:

Yeah that's fine the fact that almost every character so far is chipless kinda annoys me but it's nothing big. :wink: But if they find you you'll be in big trouble! :tongue:

I have a chip, sorta. And I am sorry I misspelled N.E.R.V. and thanks for changing it.

Hey Nintha I added it but but it's not called the N.E.R.V.A just N.E.R.V. :wink:

I misspelled it too, but you can just look at your first post to see where the mistake comes from. :wink: There's a solitary "a"-article right next to the acronym, making it look it belongs to it unless read carefully.

So sorry about it.

And I reasoned that since my character works for the company and because of her medical condition, they aren't pushing her to get the chip yet (that would be quite suspicious, wouldn't it, since the chip is marketed as an entertainment device). I'm sure the "big baddie" would include her in the last batch of people to get the chip.

Just one question: how many more people are do you want to recruit before starting the game?

I'd like to join in too if that's okay?

Still deciding whihc team to go for, but I'll create a character and bio soon. :wink:

I'd like to join in too if that's okay?

Still deciding whihc team to go for, but I'll create a character and bio soon. :wink:

It sure is okay! Thanks for saying you'd like to join!

And thanks to everyone else for signing up; thanks to you, this game's guaranteed to last a while with this amount of players. :sweet:

I misspelled it too, but you can just look at your first post to see where the mistake comes from. :wink: There's a solitary "a"-article right next to the acronym, making it look it belongs to it unless read carefully.

So sorry about it.

Okay now I see I just don't know how to fix that so people stop getting mixed up so really Nitha and you really don't need to be sorry. :wink:

Just one question: how many more people are do you want to recruit before starting the game?

Well Dragonator will have to decide that but if everybody joins that says so we will have 11 people which I'd say is a fair amount. :grin: BTW Pedro I added you to the list. :wink:

Name: Roger Jones

Team: R.A.T.S

4291777046_ef15087ac4.jpg

Roger was born in the humble city of Dodge city, Kansas. He then ventured off and eventually found a liking to hack computers. He refused to pay 100 dollars for a chip and therfore does not have one. He eventually found the R.A.T.s and had a liking for them. He wears his headset all the time to be aware of every R.A.T. member close by. He does have expierence with weaponry too. If there ever comes a time for a weapon Roger can make one of just about anything and can fire any gun with deadly accurcy. He has no need to alarm others as he is a humble R.A.T. member. He has never trusted anyone or anything his entire life. He has a lighter skin color because he once was thrown onto a glass sheet and he started bleeding insanely. Anyway the bleeding was too much and he went to a hospital but discovered that the glass was so deep they had to use radiation to get it out. His skin color was never the same and the other R.A.T. members tease him about it. Oh and he has a slight case of A.D.D.

Thanks for making the game computerbug!

Edited by brickme

That figure matches the R.A.Ts pretty well but I have one request. You don't have to but any chance you could change the head to yellow? It might just look a little weird if he's fleshy but it's not a huge problem it just will stick out amongst the yellows. Thanks!

Edited by computerbug

Yeay, another foreigner! And another Blacktron torso!

I thought that a few people had a chip, but maybe I was wrong. I have my fig but cannot post it right now, possibly later tonight though :classic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I've got a character ready, but would like to ask a few question first to make sure he's okay.

-Can I be a villian? I think the story might become kind of one-sided, seeing as everyone is being a protag or an antihero so far.

-Can he diverge from the color scheme of the Chings? He's a sort of advisor/agent for Borgiss, and he's really eccentric and old-fashioned in many ways. I have him wearing simple black clothes, and it looks pretty cool, but I could put him in white with greebles if you want.

Also, I would change the "gigabytes" mentioned in the description to terabytes, since we can already store four GB on a flashdrive with a disc the size of my fingernail.

Antiheros FTW! :tongue: although evil is nice too, it's just good guys that stink.

and feast your eyes on my characters beautiful picture:

4292101668_c10ef26204_m.jpg

In case you don't know what that torso is, it came in the old Aquanauts Stingray theme *shivers with nostalgia*

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I was wondering if my character could be a bounty hunter and not work for an exact team. If so here is my updated bio, and he only wears his black suit.

Another change on page 4. :grin:

I thought it would give more of a varity than most people being Rats.

Edited by nintha

Wow so many replies! :wacko: Okay I'll go with first come first serve.

Tereglith I guess that's okay but the problem is it would be hard for you to post since you'd be the only known villain so he couldn't really talk to us which kinda defeats the purpose but I suppose if you can pull it off successfully it's fine. :wink: Danny That is a very nice character I love the torso choice. :wub: And Nintha you don't have to if you if you want to be a rat it's fine after all you were the first person to post their character so if anybody changes theirs it should be the last person who joined. :classic: I'm still a little disappointed that there are no sewer mutants though. :oh3:

I actually like my character a little better now that I changed it but it really wasn't about several people being Rats, it's just that I like my new version of my character. Here is another change to it. Sorry if I am being hard with this. :grin:

Name: Nintha Fett

Group: any group willing to pay the most

Nintha Fett was a psychologist that was framed for the murder of his family and friends. Although this wasn’t true he went into hiding. He received a letter from an unknown person, willing to give him work at Terrel. He looked in the letter for anything else and saw a ticket that was for Terrel. He went to the location that the letter said to. Where upon he was attacked and his life was changed forever. A N.E.R.V. chip was implanted in him against his will. This chip corrupted him into a bounty hunter. His favorite weapon is his custom made silenced pistol. He likes to, shall we say “toy with his prey.” He rather attack them mentally first and let them ruin there own lives so to do that he stalks his prey, to see what they do and give them a psychological profile.

Computerbug, before this discussion topic blows our of proportion,

You can create a new topic, for confirmed players to post their one of a kind bio inside the Cyberpunk Characters' thread, similar to the EBRP standards or format, determined by you, since you know the game best.

Update your rules on a regular basis, in the first post, it's very hard for readers like myself to search the information through the pages. Always place critical information at the front to manage effective coordination.

I really look forward to see this take place in an organised manner, so our members could enjoy in a nice envirnoment.

Thanks.

WhiteFang