• Fast Flyer
    • Cool Convertable
    • Green Grocer
    • Cafe Corner
    • Fire Brigade
    • Winter Toy Shop
    • The Emerald Night
    • The Grand Emporium

I only have one on that list, The Green Grocer, but it's a beautiful set. I just need somewhere to put it. It's been on the floor of my room for a month, and my wife has started to sit on it twice (that I saw, who knows what she does when I'm not home :cry_sad: )

Wow! Thanks Izzy and everyone for the kind words. However, I think we could easily have every week of the year booked up once everyone knew how many other fantastic designers and colleagues there are who work here at LEGO. I'm just the fortunate one who's been in the media and at LEGO fan events lately :)

:tongue: 10 point for posting in this topic!

You are right though; there have been only a few named designers for most lines. Personally I think TLG should encourage/allow the designer(s) to label their work, and I'd love to be able to compare sets from the same lead designer. We'd be happy to spotlight every designer if we could!

Technic does have some named designers though. Maybe we should make next week Markus Kossman Appreciation Week :grin:

(I voted Green Grocer. :wink: )

...I am offering this thread here as a chance for everyone to show/tell Jamie and the Creator Team just how much we appreciate all the effort and detail that goes into these great sets.

What are your favourite sets and why? Have you learned any new techniques from these sets? Have any of these sets inspired you to create a MOC or MOD? Just how much do you love Jamie? :tongue:

Feel free to let all your appreciation flow... after all it is now 'Jamie Berard Appreciation Week' (January 2010)

I have all the modular buildings so far, and I've found them great for keeping up with all the techniques for Town building. No doubt I will soon be buying a Grand Emporium. I have the street of sets in my front window because we live next to a primary school. The carousel rotates as the kids come out of school.

However, I have to hand it to Jamie for being instrumental in getting a half-decent steam engine into a set, in the form of Emerald Night. It really shows the best of how TLG has listened to AFOLs that some larger wheels were created, a non-train motor was used to power it and rods made from Technic parts were used in a set for the first time. It also makes good use of the PF light brick that I had the privilege of helping to design. Yes, there will always be some compromises between what AFOLs create and what can go into a set, but by getting these right Emerald Night is a stake in the ground, showing the way forward for LEGO trains into the Power Functions era. May Emerald Night be followed up with an equally pioneering AFOL train set, using more functional techniques.

Steen Sig Andersen is another designer of note. Perhaps we will show appreciation to him another week?

Mark

I voted Fast Flyer as well because that set I bought not knowing it was a Jamie Berard creation.

Not that I didn't love the others, but capturing my attention/interest without the name attached to it was bonus points for Jamie.

Thanks everyone for a wonderful week! You've managed to create quite a buzz within the PMD building where I work. I even bought cake for my team in order to celebrate the occasion :wink:

I'll look forward to meeting many of you at future fan events. In the meantime, please keep up the creativity and don't ever hesitate to let your ambassadors know how we're doing. Your feedback helps ensure that LEGO continually exceeds expectations for innovation and imagination.

Cheers,

jamie

Just wanted to let you know, that you are truly an amazing builder that brought us, AFOLs, many great modular sets for us to add it into our collection. :wub:

I have a hard time deciding which is my fave, and in this case, since its multiple choice, I have voted everything since I own all of them, except for the Fast Flyers and the Cool Convertable. :grin:

I have most of the sets on the list, and indeed I'm looking at Green Grocer, Cafe Corner and Emerald Night as I type this message - they are on display on my desk !

Green Grocer is probably my favourite - it's an absoute beauty, and it was my introduction to Lego modular buildings after more than a decade in the 'dark ages' away from building Lego. Green Grocer was so good it inspired me to buy Cafe Corner, then Market Street and then Fire Brigade. I'm eagerly awaiting the Grand Emporium, and any more modular buildings that appear - keep them coming.

So thanks Jamie for some superb designs, and thanks to LEGO for having the courage to produce a line of sets mainly for the older, wealthier adult market. It must have been a commercial risk to do this, and they have given me and others great pleasure. I just hope that it's sufficiently profitable that LEGO continues to produce more sets for us.....

Cheers,

Dr. D.

I also want to say thank you for all these stunning sets you have created for us! I'd also like to say thank you in andvance for all those amazing sets that you are going to build in the future! :classic:

I didn't tick of the Flyer, the Cool Convertable and the Fire Brigade. I ticked off the rest in the poll.

Edited by legotrainfan