L-space

The Poor House

c-p_comm_build.jpg

The community build description:

In the days gone by it was a sort of hobby of some of the upperclass to show how "human" they were. So after a day of selling slaves or guns, pillaging or just ruining your bussiness associate you would donate to a, private, charity.

The wife would hand out soup, blankets or clothing and the president of the charity would sit in his office gloating how good he really is, while collecting more money.

This MOC doubles as the Ankh-Morpork Beggars Guild. Where Queen Molly collects the days profit. Allthough they look poor the Beggars Guild is the richest guild in Ankh-Morpork. Think of it: Beggars don't buy anything and get money from people by asking for it or simply for not showing up.

02_beggars_guild.jpg

Here we see the front, with some old friends; Shorty Screamer, Arnold Sideways, Foul Ole Ron, Coffin' Henry and the Duckman. One of the Mumblers is in the basement.

04_beggars_guild.jpg

The back with a better view of the basement with the river and sewer. At the side we see the Smell-of-Foul Ole Ron who probably knew a shortcut.

10_beggars_guild.jpg

Queen Molly receiving todays income from one of the Shufflers in the office.

15_beggars_guild.jpg

Ground floor where the food and clothes are handed out. Here is the secret entrance to the basement. On the opposite wall there is are shelves with blankets (pic 14).

13_beggars_guild.jpg

The basement with tonnes of richness.

06_beggars_guild.jpg

The top view

more on Brickshelf

and now also on Flickr

Edited by Slyowlius the Beatable

Very nice, I like the multiple levels and especially the outside on the third floor, it looks so authentic, like a house would in Pirate times. :jollyroger:

Great work, the tri-level business works well.

Really nicely done. I liked all of the detail that you put into the walls and the rooms. I also like how you did the cellar with the river and the sewer. Really well done. :pir-classic:

Great build! So many details and I especially love how you can take off the floors to see below, and whenever i see the poor people, I think of South Park, "Change?" :pir-tongue:

Great MOC! There are some very nice/cleaver things, like the use of the sextants, the guy without any legs and the 'telescope's between the windows.

The part below ground level is also nice, and the background.

Good job :pir-sweet:

I'm amazed at what you managed to achieve on a 16 x 16 footprint. A really nicely detailed house that perfectly fits in the pirates era and the addition of the 'sewer level' really makes this a unique MOC. Very well done L-Space!

I love the multiple layers! I really enjoy how you showed the underground and still followed the rules of having four walls. Very neat, very original, and very nice to look at. Also, your road looks fantastic, it fits the MOC PERFECT!

-martinsuper

Thanks for all the comments.

I may build another floor with some bunkbeds for the poor to sleep in. And I will try to make some more pictures without the minifigs. They block some small details that took me some time to figure out and implement.

Really, really nice entry :thumbup:

It portrays a Charity building really well.

blogged.png

Expect to see it up in the next few days :pir-classic:

Edited by Ratshot

This MOC very nice ! :pir-cry_happy:

Great modular build, love the basement entry view too - really cool ! :pir_laugh2:

'L-Space' very good !!! - I'm a conformist! ! :pir_laugh2:

What a very nice moc. :thumbup::pir-classic:

I only miss Gaspode, the thinking brain dog to guide Foul ole Ron, but it is difficult to built him in the right smallness.

I like it ! the big window on the .. last ( upper ) floor is really nice, I like it! ^^

the interior is nicely detailed to and it looks really cool, gread job!

This is awesome, biker bro :pir-sweet:

I like the addition of that extra layer, it works wonders for the atmosphere of this MOC! The architectural style is also spot on for a building of this kind... All in all, a great build :)

Can't wait to get started on our MOCs for the community build! This is definitely inspiring :pir-wink:

Thanks all, again.

Especially Ratshot for granting me this great honour as a "not-normally-pirate-builder".

I have put some pics on Flickr as well to keep it complete up there.

No problem mate :thumbup:

It should be on the front-page in the next day or two.

Edited by Ratshot