train lover

MOC: Model of German DB v200 Diesel Locomotive

traintech1.jpg

I have in the last week built a lego model of DB V200 diesel engine, has chosen to build Model in 7 knots of width.

I have using the 3794 - Plate, Modified 1 x 2 with 1 Stud been able to use the usual 6 x 28 knots plate in the bottom of Loco.

Have chosen to use SNOT technique to make the nose of Loco, have used 2 engines in the locomotive.

The locomotive weighs 690 grams, after all it is more of a 2 x weight of Loco in the cargo train set 4512.

I found the instructions (in PDF format) on RailBricks page, I found James Mathis's version after on brick shelf.

Photo here:

img_0960.jpg

img_0961.jpg

More photos here :

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=411379

:classic:

Edited by train lover

Fantastic diesel 'TrainLover' ! :sweet::grin::laugh:

Love the colours you have chosen - wonderful ! :grin:

Awesome SNOT job you have done too ! :grin:

I'll tell a good friend of mine about this one - he loves steam, but is dying for more diesel designs to be posted !

I'm a conformist! 'TrainLover' ! :laugh:

That's a really nice rendition of one of my favourite German diesels. It's very hard to do the nose with all those subtle curves but it's easily recognisable.

Well done.

Nice engine. But did you build James Mathis' version, maybe with the instructions placed here and here? Than it's fair to mention the name of the one who really designed it. James Mathis. :sceptic:

Edited by Richie

Still, if you build something from instructions you should mention it. The way you said you 'chose to make it 7 wide' and you 'chose to use SNOT for the nose' makes it sound like it's your own design.

Oh, and of course it's not a MOC...

Aloha train lover, Duq and Richie,

This is James Mathis, LEGO train designer, and friend of LEGO trains and those who build and play with them :-)

Train lover: I'm glad you found a model you liked, built it, and felt proud of the construction. I am hopeful that you have learned a few new construction techniques from the v200 build, as well as from these forum LEGO train-fan-friends. We enjoy show-casing our creations and learning from each other. I'm honoured whenever I see others' inspired by my previous creations, either building duplicates or making them "their own" with their own unique alterations and customized improvements. Thank you for crediting the source and resources. I hope your DB v200 runs strong and serves your train/town layout well. Keep building and contributing to our hobby!

Duq and Richie: Thanks for watching, reading, contributing, and helping our community recognize our LEGO train history. I truly appreciate your attention on my behalf.

All: I want to acknowledge that I, too, have always been inspired by others creations and construction techniques-- derivative, original, and evolutionary.... It's how it flows.

with much mahalo,

James Mathis

Hello,

My wife and I are new to the building from scratch and saw your plans and ended up here. We are looking to follow your plans for the V200 and are searching for plans for a E103. Is there some place that we can access a parts break down and how to best go about purchasing them to follow your plans?

Any info would be great!

Thanks,

Mark and Tina

Hello,

My wife and I are new to the building from scratch and saw your plans and ended up here. We are looking to follow your plans for the V200 and are searching for plans for a E103. Is there some place that we can access a parts break down and how to best go about purchasing them to follow your plans?

Any info would be great!

Thanks,

Mark and Tina

Hi, you can download the instructions.mpd file from James's brickshelf folder with instructions and upload it to Bricklink as a new Wanted list. Then you can find shops that have the parts you need.

Thanks,

Darko

Hi, you can download the instructions.mpd file from James's brickshelf folder with instructions and upload it to Bricklink as a new Wanted list. Then you can find shops that have the parts you need.

Thanks,

Darko

Hi,

I will be honest and tell you that we have no idea what you are talking about. We have only been on the forum a few days and haven't figured out the ins and outs yet. If you could be a little more specific it would be very helpful. We did check out the Bricklink website and I think I understand that part, but getting to the brickshelf folder has us at a loss.

Thanks for the help,

Mark and Tina

Hi,

I will be honest and tell you that we have no idea what you are talking about. We have only been on the forum a few days and haven't figured out the ins and outs yet. If you could be a little more specific it would be very helpful. We did check out the Bricklink website and I think I understand that part, but getting to the brickshelf folder has us at a loss.

Thanks for the help,

Mark and Tina

I think you mean the reply above

Nice engine. But did you build James Mathis' version, maybe with the instructions placed here and here? Than it's fair to mention the name of the one who really designed it. James Mathis. :sceptic:

Follow the links <underlined as here> and you will find the brickshelf pages from James; and then the files including the .MPD which specifies the bricks used.

I think you mean the reply above

Follow the links <underlined as here> and you will find the brickshelf pages from James; and then the files including the .MPD which specifies the bricks used.

I have now updated the v200 folder with a bill of materials (BOM) in both the .ldr format and a simple text file. For the .ldr file, I moved all submodels (from the .mpd file) into a single .ldr file. Unfortunately, the BOM DOES NOT include the special 2x6x2 windscreen element, of which the v200 model uses quantity 6. I hope the BOM helps you source the bricks you need from Pick-a-Brick and/or BrickLink.

-James Mathis