Anio

Venator Class Republic Attack Cruiser

Oh yeah look two year old MOC let’s all look at again. :roll:

Wow. It's better than TLG one. How long did this take to make?

Edited by Andonii

Well, after several years of contemplating, I finally ordered the parts to build one of these bad boys.

However, I've run in to a snag. Bricklink simply doesn't have the large 16x6 modified plates (studs on edges) from 10030, and neither do Lego Customer Services. Nor can I source enough quantities of the inverted 2x2 magnet holders (in any colour). Anybody got any ideas on where to get these parts (10x plates, 14x magnet holders), as without these the build will go nowhere.

What was the final cost of all the parts if you don't mind me asking?

I just finished mine, and to everyone who is thinking and doubt of building it just go for it! It's great fun to build and the result is amazing. One of the best looking ship that i build and saw. Thanks again Polo for the building instructions!

20120129112636.jpg

20120129112731.jpg

20120129113107.jpg

Edited by Warmaster

Awesome Warmaster! I'm also collecting pieces to put mine together, I just asked in the post above, but can you tell me how much it cost you roughly? I'm trying to budget for mine haha.

Edited by Oxus

I already had a good part of the needed pieces, but i'll guess about 450 Euro's if you have to buy everything on Bricklink. So it's a bit more expensive then Lego's 10221, but in my eyes much more beautyfull.

What i discovered that there were two small mistakes in the building instructions. One in the top edge, you'll need to put the whole red part 1 stud up in the direction of the bridge. (But just build it like the instruction, you will see it when you put al the finished components together, you can correct it easy) And the short main engine, the inner structure does not line up with the outside shell. Build one like the instructions tell you to and then build the long main engine then you'll see whats wrong. With the side greeble's i did't follow the instructions but did those on my own way.

I already had a good part of the needed pieces, but i'll guess about 450 Euro's if you have to buy everything on Bricklink. So it's a bit more expensive then Lego's 10221, but in my eyes much more beautyfull.

What i discovered that there were two small mistakes in the building instructions. One in the top edge, you'll need to put the whole red part 1 stud up in the direction of the bridge. (But just build it like the instruction, you will see it when you put al the finished components together, you can correct it easy) And the short main engine, the inner structure does not line up with the outside shell. Build one like the instructions tell you to and then build the long main engine then you'll see whats wrong. With the side greeble's i did't follow the instructions but did those on my own way.

Interesting, thanks for the insight Warmaster and congrats on your new baby.

For those who buy everything on BL, I guess it costs more than 450€. ;)

My estimate is rather close to 600€.

What was the final cost of all the parts if you don't mind me asking?

Probably about £600, entirely purchased from Bricklink.

I just finished mine, and to everyone who is thinking and doubt of building it just go for it! It's great fun to build and the result is amazing. One of the best looking ship that i build and saw. Thanks again Polo for the building instructions!

Awesome job. Mine is currently awaiting the last BL order of the upside-down magnet holders and 2x3 wings in bley.

I've also noticed the error in the instructions, need to correct it! I've also modified my Venator in to a command cruiser - my bridges are dark red :wub:

Somebody on www.imperiumdersteine.de (German Lego-SW Forum) build the Venator too and modified it a bit: http://www.imperiumdersteine.de/showthread.php?t=26718

To be honest, he posted that he referenced to "polo";"anio" and "thire5" but i feel like he never made it really clear that this is NOT his own MOC and he just modified a few bits from the Instructions he´s got from "polo"!

Problem solved : a professional instruction of the model will be for sale in a few months.

edit :

I looked carefully at the pics. No doubt he used the 3D file supplied by polo ; his model is exactly the same. But we can not blame him for doing that.

Anyway, the profesionnal instruction will present an improved model, regarding the whole structure, the underside and the greebs.

Edited by Anio

Looking forward to any changes on this Anio. Will they be major?

Edited by cei

I wouldn't say they are major changes.

I redid and optimised the whole structure. It is the biggest update, but once the model is finished, you actually do not see the inside.

The underside is more detailed. But again, the underside is not what you see the most. Well, it is more detailed anyway.

As for the greebs, they are more homogeneous IMO, and so, look better. I also reworked some minor technical aspects more or less everywhere on the model.

edit :

I looked carefully at the pics. No doubt he used the 3D file supplied by polo ; his model is exactly the same. But we can not blame him for doing that.

Sure you can't blame someone for using the given Instructions and build/modify it a bit,but i'm a bit dissapointed that people on that Forum give him credits for "his MOC"! For me that's not the definition of a MOC(not his!),and even worse it got frontpaged on that Forum!

I don't wanna sound like a hater but when i read over there that people say "sure he took some inspiration from other MOC's" i get really angry since he built something after a Instruction which is different to "take Inspirations"from somewhere!

Edited by Diggydoes

I wouldn't say they are major changes.

I redid and optimised the whole structure. It is the biggest update, but once the model is finished, you actually do not see the inside.

The underside is more detailed. But again, the underside is not what you see the most. Well, it is more detailed anyway.

As for the greebs, they are more homogeneous IMO, and so, look better. I also reworked some minor technical aspects more or less everywhere on the model.

Hi Anio,

This professional instructions where will i be able to buy them once they are released? will you update this thread when they are released?

(Sorry i am a newb)

The instruction will be available soon.

And yes, I will announce it in this thread.

I cant find the instructions :/

and is there a parts list with pictures

please help me I really want to build this fantastic model.

Can't be more specific.

I have them but can't pm you.

looks like I'm very silly but I really can't find it there is only one link with some pictures of the venator. :/

The instruction link has been removed, email me and ill send them to you

The instruction link has been removed, email me and ill send them to you

My E-Mail Adress is starwars.watto@web.de

Thank you very much :)

Hi Anio, are making instructions like the Executor on PDF? I now got the MLCad instructions. If you also making PDF instructions i'm very happy to obtain those as wel.

are making instructions like the Executor on PDF?

Yes.

I now got the MLCad instructions. If you also making PDF instructions i'm very happy to obtain those as wel.

The instruction will be an updated model of the file you may have.