Anio

Venator Class Republic Attack Cruiser

Thanks for the help Walter, I guess that's a good estimation.

Will have to think deeply about this.

Cheers

For anyone thinking of buying parts to make this MOC for themselves: I just finished doing a better estimate. Using average new prices off of Bricklink, the total cost comes to $644 and some change. Now you can get better prices than average, especially if you go into used lots, but you also have to add in shipping costs, which are certainly not negligible. But I doubt you can finish this project off for less than $700, assuming you need to buy every brick.

I would need to order 605 parts for an exorbitant $200 if I were going to try and build this. Obviously the parts I'm missing are the more expensive ones.

I will respect if you (and when I say you I mean anyone of those who built this) don't want to answer this for whatever reason, but still i'll give it a shot :

How much did this cost you in parts??

I'm very tempted to move forward to build this too, but I'd like to program my budget first, so I don't start it by impulse and then not end it.

Thanks,

Well, I also own the 10030 ISD and 10179 Falcon, that covers for about 70% of the Venator's parts. Plus I used some of my own Technic stock.

In the end I had to order about 1100 parts, which cost me about 130$ on Bricklink (12 orders).

OooOooOooo...

This thing's got some volume, I can tell you that much! It's super accurate. It's not exactly to minifigure scale... but who cares!? It's impossible to get that thing to minifigure scale, lol! I love the hangar bay doors, they look great too.

Great design, and great skill with legos!

~~Lloyd

Thanks for that, Walter. It's more affordable than I thought, but I think I'll stay with the smaller versions.

Thanks for that, Walter. It's more affordable than I thought, but I think I'll stay with the smaller versions.

If there's one thing I can do well, it's provide estimates for MOCs given a good parts list. Someday I'll actually finish my database off, and it will be even easier. :grin:

EDIT: Wait, $650 is affordable? *huh* Man, I wish I had your LEGO budget.

Edited by Walter Kovacs

If there's one thing I can do well, it's provide estimates for MOCs given a good parts list. Someday I'll actually finish my database off, and it will be even easier. :grin:

EDIT: Wait, $650 is affordable? *huh* Man, I wish I had your LEGO budget.

No, no, no; it's more affordable than I thought. I had thought it would be closer to $800-$1,000. If I had that kind of money to spend anytime on LEGO, I'd be buying the DS!

My god what a beauty!

I def.would like to build this one too!

I have some questions since i'm pretty new here:

1.i know i'm not the first asking but is there any way of getting the instructions mac-compatible?

2.what do you guys guess,since i have to buy almost all of the bricks on bricklink does it make sense to get the old grey pieces,or shall i stick with the bluish-versions?

Thanks

1.i know i'm not the first asking but is there any way of getting the instructions mac-compatible?

2.what do you guys guess,since i have to buy almost all of the bricks on bricklink does it make sense to get the old grey pieces,or shall i stick with the bluish-versions?

Thanks

1. I have no idea.

2. If I made one I'd buy all of the new Grey parts. I would also research to see if all of the parts are available in new Grey.

1. Not possible, as far as I know.

2. Buy everything in Light bluish gray, excepted the "old" hinges. If you don't want to use these old hinges, use a wheel to do the engines (as I did).

1. I think all you need is an LDraw compatible Mac app, like Bricksmith.

2. I'd guess getting the bluish-grey pieces will be cheaper, though I may be wrong.

Thanks a lot guys,instructions now running on my mac!!!

I've checked almost all of the parts,some may be hard to get,but for except one piece(actually don't remember which one)they seem all available in bluish!

Got almost 1000pieces at home,so i "just"need to get the 4000 others!

i have one more question to the one who constructed it or to those who rebuild after the given instructions:

the pieces used for the frame will their colour be seen in the finished venator? finding that amount of 1x16 bricks with hole in grey (bley) seems pretty tough, but i have some in black and other colours but am not sure if the will be seen when finishing the ship?

help anyone?

thanks

i have one more question to the one who constructed it or to those who rebuild after the given instructions:

the pieces used for the frame will their colour be seen in the finished venator? finding that amount of 1x16 bricks with hole in grey (bley) seems pretty tough, but i have some in black and other colours but am not sure if the will be seen when finishing the ship?

help anyone?

thanks

Yeah, I would say that 3/4 (maybe even more) of the 1x16 technic bricks can not be seen from outside.

Yeah, I would say that 3/4 (maybe even more) of the 1x16 technic bricks can not be seen from outside.

Thanks,great to hear!that will save me a lot of money!!!

erm hi. i looked through the list to build the venator class ship and i cant seem to know how to read the instructions. I downloaded MLCad but it seems i cant open any instructions. I am using a Windows 7 platform so what software does anyone suggest so that i can fully read the building instructions.

erm hi. i looked through the list to build the venator class ship and i cant seem to know how to read the instructions. I downloaded MLCad but it seems i cant open any instructions. I am using a Windows 7 platform so what software does anyone suggest so that i can fully read the building instructions.

Hi,

There is no true instruction in these files.

Actually, to built the model, in each file (the frame, the wing, the tail, the greebs, etc) you have to switch off all the parts (with the little yellow light) and switch them on part after part to see where each one is located.

It is long, but it is doable.

Hello everyone, I have problems to put the ". xml file" on BrickL.

gives me some piece of errors.

someone has the ". xml file" corrected for BL?

thanks

Can you show a size comparison of this ship to a minifigure so I can get a feel of its size?

113 cm long.

54 cm wide.

This XML should work on bricklink :wink:

all i get when i copy/paste in to wanted is invalid file format.

I just tried it, and it works for me. Just make sure you copy the entire contents correctly (from <inventory> to </inventory>). If you miss one line, it won't work.