Anio

Venator Class Republic Attack Cruiser

Thank you for the suggestion but the only reason I moved to Mac was to get away from Windows really. I'd rather wait until a PDF version of instructions for a Venator comes out than install Windows again. I dont mean to sound big headed or anything but it's just a personal choice. :classic:

I thought he was working on pdf version of this but apparently he isnt. I guess your only option is to get Windows or have someone else who has Windows create the pdf version. MLCAD method is very time consuming because you have to hide all components and manually go through individual steps by revealing what's been hidden. However, this MOC is worth the effort based on the pics I see. Good luck.

Hello,

I m ancistrus from France

Is it possible to have building instruction in pdf files ?

Thanks a lot best regards

Ancistrus

Hi everybody,

Here is the video of the Venator UCS :

Hi everybody,

Here is the video of the Venator UCS :

No, there is no pdf instruction. It is definitely too hard for a 1,2m long and 5300 part MOC !

If you want to discuss in French, suscribe to Setechnic.com (sorry for the spam :blush: )

Is this sturdy enough so that you can hold with 2 hands without breaking anything? I've never built anything this big so I was wondering. I am gathering parts to create this. :)

Hello,

I m ancistrus from France

Is it possible to have building instruction in pdf files ?

Thanks a lot best regards

Ancistrus

thers mlcad instructions in the 1st post and a parts list.

Is this sturdy enough so that you can hold with 2 hands without breaking anything? I've never built anything this big so I was wondering. I am gathering parts to create this. :)

Polo's version is strong, but not enough to be hold with 2 hand below the model.

On the model I reproduced, I can hold it from below.

Because the tail I did is not removable (it is damn strong @_@) and my lower edge (sorry it is not the right word) is better attached to the frame.

PS : Im' working again on my Executor. :sweet:

i wanted to make it but ldraw won't work on my computer =(

is there any other way to make it or will there ever be?

Edited by Battle Droid

i wanted to make it but ldraw won't work on my computer =(

is there any other way to make it or will there ever be?

Hi, you can use SR 3D Builder to edit the file.

What is your trouble with MLCad?

That is amazing, all the little details on the side.

One quick question, the 8 guns that are near the bridge, are they positionable?

Hi, you can use SR 3D Builder to edit the file.

What is your trouble with MLCad?

i kept downloading it wrong or something i think i got it working now but it's too hard for me to learn how to use it.

is SR 3D builder easier to use or is it like the same thing?

and do you know around how much it would cost to buy all the pieces for it?

Edited by Battle Droid

Hi Everybody,

after years of reading (my editing playgound was imperiumdersteine.de so far) fantastic posts here, this MOC helped with my decision to register here. I really love this venator, and want to build it in 2011. Thanks for the instruction! What a perfect partner for my 10030...

My only problem was to "convert" the peeron style partlist.html to something, bricklink directy likes... And now I wrote my own litte converter last saturday :tongue:

With http://partlist.hudecity.de (german/english) I am now able to upload a partlist.html, and directly get back a translated bricklink part search. Sure, its early alpha0.1, but with partlist.html it aready works. My ToDos are now MLCAD and the LDD direct :blush: .Perhaps this little tool can help anybody with the same problems.

The

Spacepilot from Germany

Haha wow Polo, with all this feedback my comment is only going to be cumulative, but with a build like this you deserve every bit of the recognition. One day I'd love to build a ship of this scale with even half the skill you have. Particularly love the brickbuilt insignias on either side. Just... wow.

This should be the next UCS set!

I agree, the 2011 and 2012 UCS sets should be the star destroyer line in UCS scale (Ardent, Acclamator, Venator, Victory, Imperial, Gladiator, and Executor) They would cost a lot for all of them but to me they would be worth every penny if they where built like this one :cry_happy:.

I agree, the 2011 and 2012 UCS sets should be the star destroyer line in UCS scale (Ardent, Acclamator, Venator, Victory, Imperial, Gladiator, and Executor) They would cost a lot for all of them but to me they would be worth every penny if they where built like this one :cry_happy:.

I'd only buy the Executor, and the Imperial has already been a UCS, but it'd still be cool. And crazy expensive. :laugh:

Great MOC! :classic:

I've build it myself a while ago:

venator-01.jpg

More pictures, including pictures while building, can be found here

Great MOC! :classic:

I've build it myself a while ago:

More pictures, including pictures while building, can be found here

That looks great Therion why not start your own thread so people can comment specifically on your MOC?

That looks great Therion why not start your own thread so people can comment specifically on your MOC?

Well eh, maybe because it's not my MOC? :wink:

Well eh, maybe because it's not my MOC? :wink:

I meant the one you posted above not the original posters MOC :wink:

I meant the one you posted above not the original posters MOC :wink:

That's what he meant. He used Polo's MLCad file and built Polo's Venator. Exactly the same (well, there might be slight changes; I know I never get my MLCad instructions exactly right).

Still, this is one excellent Venator MOC. Polo is obviously a very skilled builder. If I had the parts, I might try and build it as well. As it is, I'm quite a few pieces short.

I will respect if you (and when I say you I mean anyone of those who built this) don't want to answer this for whatever reason, but still i'll give it a shot :

How much did this cost you in parts??

I'm very tempted to move forward to build this too, but I'd like to program my budget first, so I don't start it by impulse and then not end it.

Thanks,

Great job recreating Polo's Venator Therion! :thumbup: It must have cost you a fortune but I guess the satisfaction of seeing the final product in all its mighty glory more than justifies the spending you've made. How I wish I could do the same if not for my limited budget.

The $0.10 per part is a pretty fair estimate for a first pass, on average. So at 5300 parts, I'd say it's going to cost around $530 off of Bricklink, plus the cost of shipping from several dozen vendors (unless you honestly think you can find a BL seller with every part necessary).

Now, that price can change depending on the size of the pieces used (1 x 1 round studs are dirt cheap, large plates run much more that $.10/part), but evrything should average out. I'd wager that when everything is said and done, the total bill will be upwards of $700 USD.

Now if you already have a significant amount of the pieces, then your out of pocket costs are going to be much lower. But no one is going to be able to estimate that but you.