Anio

Venator Class Republic Attack Cruiser

This is an awesome MOC Polo and a great way to introduce yourself as a great MOC´er.

It looks very good and accurate. Great idea to use the ISD´s greebles to the Venetor.

stickerh.jpg

By Oxycrest, of course.

nice!!!

waiting for building instructions. truly, amazing!

i wish the nose was a little bit bigger but nonetheless, impressive.

waiting for building instructions. truly, amazing!

It is available.

In the first post. ;)

Can I ask what application do I open the MLCad folder files with please? I use an iMac and when I click on the folder it asks me to choose an application to open it with...

Can I ask what application do I open the MLCad folder files with please? I use an iMac and when I click on the folder it asks me to choose an application to open it with...

It is available.

In the first post. ;)

Hm...Is there a pdf version of it? All I see is the CAD model of these (MLCAD) in both files.

Also, is one file "better" than the other? Thanks

Hm...Is there a pdf version of it?

No.

All I see is the CAD model of these (MLCAD) in both files.

Yes. :)

Also, is one file "better" than the other? Thanks

Dunno. Try the both !

Anio: do you happen to know what application to use in order to open the MLCAD files please?

yep use MLCAD and you will need LDraw aswell

No.

Yes. :)

Dunno. Try the both !

hm...do you know the dif between 2 files? i am not sure why you posted 2 files then...

hm...do you know the dif between 2 files? i am not sure why you posted 2 files then...

This is not me who posted the instruction. ;)

It is Polo. :classic:

Take the latest version. It should be ok.

Here is my Venator with the sticker (so, now it is 100% finished) :

dscn2158z.jpg

dscn2159a.jpg

And I redid the sticker of the AT-TE. :grin:

dscn2162.jpg

wow...

my only other questions is is there more effective way to look at them in MLCAD? It's quite hard to visualize what's going on with everything preassembled together. Also, it says I am missing parts. Do I just download updated files from MLCAD? I installed it 2 months ago and it says I am missing parts. Thanks

wow...

my only other questions is is there more effective way to look at them in MLCAD? It's quite hard to visualize what's going on with everything preassembled together. Also, it says I am missing parts. Do I just download updated files from MLCAD? I installed it 2 months ago and it says I am missing parts. Thanks

In each files (the tail, the left wing, etc...), you have to switch off all the parts. Then, you switch on them step by step, with the light icon. :)

For the missing parts, look at peeron, and try to find the .dat file in the upper left hand corner.

Example : http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3022

Edited by Anio

Hello!

I am really impressed by your creation! It's build in a similar style like the UCS Imperial Star Destroyer from what I can see, but if TLC released an official UCS Venator it would not be able to compete with yours I guess. :classic: The heavy turbolaser cannon turrets are very well shaped out, and also the side hangar doors in the trench. An outstanding creation! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

In each files (the tail, the left wing, etc...), you have to switch off all the parts. Then, you switch on them step by step, with the light icon. :)

For the missing parts, look at peeron, and try to find the .dat file in the upper left hand corner.

Example : http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3022

You have done a superb job Anio. :thumbup:

I gave up in the end although i didnt want to. MLCAD is not available for Mac and I downloaded LDView instead. But that seemed a bit complicated to me to use. All I could see was the finished version of each part so I couldnt make up which brick went where. Shame coz I was really looking forward to building this one. :cry_sad:

Edited by legolandia

You have done a superb job Anio. :thumbup:

Polo did a great job ! ;)

MLCAD is not available for Mac

I'm a bit surprised. :sceptic:

Is there anybody to confirm that ?

i am going to build this.

another question...sorry...has any of your bricks bent due to the weight? i know other big UCS models suffer from the weight. let us know! thanks!

i am going to build this.

another question...sorry...has any of your bricks bent due to the weight? i know other big UCS models suffer from the weight. let us know! thanks!

No.

The Venator is trong. :thumbup:

No.

The Venator is trong. :thumbup:

good! it's going to be pain to buy all these individual parts. i hope i dont have to buy extra :p

I'm a bit surprised. :sceptic:

Is there anybody to confirm that ?

I emailed the website today and the creators explained that it is made to run on Windows only. :sad:

I emailed the website today and the creators explained that it is made to run on Windows only. :sad:

you know you can just download windows from pirate site and install...so many illegal OS available online.

if this is an inappropriate comment, please delete modderators.

Thank you for the suggestion but the only reason I moved to Mac was to get away from Windows really. I'd rather wait until a PDF version of instructions for a Venator comes out than install Windows again. I dont mean to sound big headed or anything but it's just a personal choice. :classic: