Anio

Venator Class Republic Attack Cruiser

gallery_101_23_281.gif

EDIT :

Professional building instruction available here :

You can email me at setechnic@gmail.com

/EDIT

Hello there !

Let me show you my UCS Venator ! It is a 5400 part model.

10933634136_b174daece7_b.jpgUCS Venator Star Destroyer by Anio, sur Flickr

10933839873_e84a576208_b.jpgUCS Venator Star Destroyer by Anio, sur Flickr

10933574995_f0af65d37d_b.jpgUCS Venator Star Destroyer by Anio, sur Flickr

10933837423_bd6677cf11_b.jpgUCS Venator Star Destroyer by Anio, sur Flickr

It was a very difficult design process.

You can see the modularity of the build with those pictures :

46.JPG

74.JPG

78.JPG

91.JPG

Brickshelf gallery : http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=422392

FlickR gallery :

For the instruction, it is here :

Hope you like it as much as I do. :)

Here are some videos. The first is mine. Then some are reviews made by Lego fans who reproduced the model.

gallery_101_23_281.gif

EDIT :

Professional building instruction available here : http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=37663&st=150#entry1597460

You can email me at setechnic@gmail.com

/EDIT

Hi everybody,

This my version of the famous Venator, inspired by the design of Thire5. It's of course an UCS scale ship.

I would like to thank a lot Thire5, who permitted me to accomplish this project, with his agreement and some pictures during the building :wink: . The geometry is almost the same of the Thire5's one.

The most important changes are the greebles, whitch are inspired of the ISD #10030. The feet are the same too.

Its length is 112cm, and took me 7 months to build .

p1010615g.jpg

copiedep1010608.jpg

p1010610e.jpg

p1010637x.jpg

I'm working on the buildings instructions. The first version of the documentation is available and is composed of MLCad files

You'll find it as an attachement of this post. The whole galery is available here : http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=404881

The ship is composed of about 5340 parts.

I hope you'll like it :classic:

Edited by Brickdoctor
Fixed instructions announcement.

very very nice. i find the big ucs mocs awesome, would like to build one myself one day, seeing this make me wanna build even more :-)

Probably one of the best Venators I've seen. Great job! I would love if TLC released a UCS Venator just like this :thumbup:

Another stunning Venator MOC! :wub:

I love almost every part of it. However, the side greebles get pretty repetitive. Perhaps a bit more variety there (it's just the same pattern, repeated about 10 times)?

Thank you very much :classic:

@Rufus : The MOC is very strong, but not enough to turn it back. I have to take back pictures by an other way :hmpf_bad:

Nevertheless, I took a screenshot of the whole modelisation ( when it was in progress ) :

assemblageavecailes.jpg

I don't have built the back bay yet :cry_sad: . Because I'm so lazy !! :laugh:

Seriously, I really have to do this.

Odd that everyone loves making UCS venators. Well, this is one of the best! I think my favorite thing on it is the bridge design. Perhaps the engines could use just a teeny bit more greebles, but other than that, it's perfect! :thumbup:

That's just fabulous.

I love the colours and the greebles.

The overall design is just brilliant.

Well Done, I can't wait to see any of your other MOCs.

Wow - that is one stunning creation.

I'm seriously impressed.

edit: I just checked some photos of the one in the movie.... holy crap yours is just like it. I'm even more impressed now

Edited by Lorentzen

That is insanely huge!!!

I really love how accurate it is, right down to the hangar entrance, it literally looks like a scale model they could use in the movie!!

Most impressive!

Wow very nice design you have there! Thats very nicely detailed and comes accross as huge. Great job!

WOW! it so big. I love all the greebling on the side of the ship its just incredible!

Awesome work!

on your brickshelf file it says that there are instructions coming for the lego venator. are they made. if not, when are they going to be made.

I would not be surprise if this gets front page.

EDIT:

:blush: I should of check the front page it looks like it already has.

Edited by samuraiturtle

Impressive, most impressive!

Really a nice MOC. Maybe one of these days I will feel inspired and build one too. It has been maybe 10 year since I build my own models.

Did you use the frame from the stardestroyer and build the Venator over it?

Thank you for all your comments !! :blush:

Another stunning Venator MOC! :wub:

I love almost every part of it. However, the side greebles get pretty repetitive. Perhaps a bit more variety there (it's just the same pattern, repeated about 10 times)?

I reused the patterns of the ISD to do the side greebles. I know, it's quite repetitive, but it brings some integrity whith the UCS line. :classic:

Awesome MOC, :thumbup: does it have a interior?

No, it doesn't, because the frame takes almost all the space in the ship. In addition, I built it in an UCS way, not a playset

on your brickshelf file it says that there are instructions coming for the lego venator. are they made. if not, when are they going to be made.

The first version of the documentation in included in my first post, with a partlist, the MLCad models, and a readme. I'll try to improve it, but the size of the MOC complicates the matter :hmpf_bad:

Impressive, most impressive!

Really a nice MOC. Maybe one of these days I will feel inspired and build one too. It has been maybe 10 year since I build my own models.

Did you use the frame from the stardestroyer and build the Venator over it?

I am very flattered ! :vader:

The frame is not the one from the ISD, I reused the geometry of the thire5's Venator.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=26049

One more time, I would like to thank him a lot for his work :sweet:

Very nice. I like the detail on the turrets. I struggled with that part on mine. Couldn’t find the right balance between size and detail.

This ship is utterly ridiculous. Fantastic. The greebling is beautiful, and it is one of the best MOCs of this ship I've seen. Looking forward to your next piece!

Very nice. I like the detail on the turrets. I struggled with that part on mine. Couldn’t find the right balance between size and detail.

I aggree with you. I spent a lot of time to get THE turret : to have this result, I worked betwen 5 and 6 hours....just for a 14 parts turret :laugh:

Seriously, It was very difficult.

PS: I did a HUUUUGE mistake on the documentation : I forgot to include the frame's file. Now it's fixed. I also added some intructions about the order of the building.

Edited by Polo

stickerh.jpg

By Oxycrest, of course.