Anio

Venator Class Republic Attack Cruiser

Looks pretty amazing with the lights, great job! I think you should have gone with one colour though!

Wanted to add some life to the ship so I added a small action scene with the ships cannons helping an x-wing take out a tie fighter. Really pleased with how it turned out so I plan on adding more fighters to create a little battlefield around the ship.

gW1HJGp.jpg

A1YlR4m.jpg

awesome build, I love this ship so I built one.... used lots of ucs 10030 parts for frame and then moded it with tiles.... also changed the engines a fair bit to lighten them up as they started to sag... trying to reformat pics because they are to big to post.....

I finally got around to making the holders for the lower hull...and it is making me want to punch the damn ship. I havent been this frustrated in ages.

Edit: Ok i've calmed down and will give it another go later lol

Edited by VolcanoHands

On 10/21/2017 at 2:02 AM, StevenIsBallin said:

Wanted to add some life to the ship so I added a small action scene with the ships cannons helping an x-wing take out a tie fighter. Really pleased with how it turned out so I plan on adding more fighters to create a little battlefield around the ship.

gW1HJGp.jpg

A1YlR4m.jpg

So i have a question i have the intstructions but how did you assemble all the parts? In otherwords where did you order all the parts from or did you order them individually? Also how did you do the lights that looks sick!

So I have the instructions and such, but im not really sure how i should go about ordering all the parts. Whether i just order them all individually from the part list or do the thing from rebrickable. Any ideas anyone?

On 12/19/2017 at 10:31 AM, comradej said:

So I have the instructions and such, but im not really sure how i should go about ordering all the parts. Whether i just order them all individually from the part list or do the thing from rebrickable. Any ideas anyone?

You should have a part list that you can upload to Bricklink Wanted List and then buy there. 

That is strange.

I just went to try it out just now and a screen popped up that asks where to save the 5454 parts to: 1. Existing Wanted List or 2. New Wanted List

Yea i was able to export it into a bricklink xml and put it into a wanted list. so it looks like all the parts are there. i then did a buy dealio and did the auto select stores. the cost seems to be way higher than i thought

Oh yes, the costs can skyrocket, esp when the shipping has not been added yet. 

You can look at the list and swap out bricks that you may not need in that particular colours or you can try getting used bricks too. 

Just now, Azrielsc said:

Oh yes, the costs can skyrocket, esp when the shipping has not been added yet. 

You can look at the list and swap out bricks that you may not need in that particular colours or you can try getting used bricks too. 

hmm do you know what bricks i could swap out or anything? what did it cost when you were building it?

When I built mine most of the technic bricks that form the keel were several different colors since I bought the cheapest I could find and didn't worry about the color of the bricks.

Are the magnet holders still on your list?  They are very expensive.  Your best bet will be to use some of the alternatives to the magnet holders elsewhere in this thread.

This picture shows some of the brick substitutes as well as the magnet holder replacements in my build.

th_Ven%20mag%20replace6.jpg

Edited by sandtrooper

1 hour ago, sandtrooper said:

When I built mine most of the technic bricks that form the keel were several different colors since I bought the cheapest I could find and didn't worry about the color of the bricks.

Are the magnet holders still on your list?  They are very expensive.  Your best bet will be to use some of the alternatives to the magnet holders elsewhere in this thread.

This picture shows some of the brick substitutes as well as the magnet holder replacements in my build.

th_Ven%20mag%20replace6.jpg

Hmm those look pretty nice. Yea the magnet holders are still there. I'll have to see about switching them out, but how do you know which bricks to swap out? I'm just going off the wanted list and getting them in lots haha.

I am very interested in building one of these.  Are the plans still available?  I would not mind trying to build one without the magnet system as the lego magnets seem very weak in my collection.

Yes, they are still available.
Just mail me at setechnic@gmail.com

Hi there !

Can you please report this auction : https://www.ebay.de/itm/LEGO-Bauanleitung-MOC-fur-Venator-Star-Destroyer-UCS/322980111128?hash=item4b331d6318:g:HuIAAOSw6KVZiY8r

@ other UCS MOCer : be warned, according to his feedback, this son of a b**** sold quite a lot of instructions over the last months...

Report please.

19 minutes ago, Midlife-crisis said:

@Anio, would you share the LDD File?

No.

Midlife-crisis you can buy the file from Anio.  It is a fair value and a lot of work has gone into the making of this MOC and the instructions.  I have purchased it and am very happy with it.  Now I just need to get more of the parts together so I can commence construction of this ship.

Chalcus.

3 hours ago, Chalcus said:

Midlife-crisis you can buy the file from Anio.  It is a fair value and a lot of work has gone into the making of this MOC and the instructions.  I have purchased it and am very happy with it.  Now I just need to get more of the parts together so I can commence construction of this ship.

Chalcus.

how often do i Need to buy the plans? ;)

2x? or more?