Anio

Venator Class Republic Attack Cruiser

9 hours ago, BuildSnapPost said:

Thanks for your help. However, when I click on it, I am re-directed to the start of this topic. Sorry, I am new to Eurobricks. 

Thanks for your help. Just considering whether I have sufficcient funds to build something like this. 

You can also work on getting the parts stretched over a few months to spread the costs. And Rebrickable can also show which sets got usable parts, too (so you see if you can use existing parts).

hi, i love the work i had some intrustions a while, back i just tried to look at them again the link that i got doesnt work... any help appreciated  

Email me : setechnic@gmail.com

Hi,

I have a small question, which instruction has to be trusted ? There are few differences between both (rebrickable and the PDF).

For example : 

844339eb303749650dc5d821e4974941.jpg 3960 8 Trans-Light Blue Dish 4 x 4 Inverted [Radar]

8 parts of 4x4, but on the PDF, it's 4 parts of 3x3 (43898) and 4 parts of 4x4 (3960).

Some others are mainly a wrong quantity. So I don't know which one to trust. If you can help me, I want to be sure before I get started. thanks. 

Always trust the parts list on the PDF's with Anio's builds. I've imported lists from Rebrickable several times only to find I'm missing parts, or have the wrong ones. For instance, all the part numbers on Rebrickable for the hoses on Speeder Bike are wrong, and I ended up with a load of flexible pneumatic hoses instead of the rigid ones they should be. 

Edited by NorvernRob

3 hours ago, Genki said:

Hi,

I have a small question, which instruction has to be trusted ? There are few differences between both (rebrickable and the PDF).

For example : 

844339eb303749650dc5d821e4974941.jpg 3960 8 Trans-Light Blue Dish 4 x 4 Inverted [Radar]

8 parts of 4x4, but on the PDF, it's 4 parts of 3x3 (43898) and 4 parts of 4x4 (3960).

Some others are mainly a wrong quantity. So I don't know which one to trust. If you can help me, I want to be sure before I get started. thanks. 

i based off the xml part list which i imported as private MOC (now called custom list). then i applied some patches from a few pages ago to avoid the magnets. that one worked out mostly (for the final buying bricklink was used but that one has a serious bug when you only buy parts of the wanted list initially, when a order has the same item split over 2 lots and you apply the order not all parts are subtracted off. that one caused me roughly 200 extra parts (luckily nothing really expensive)

On 21-7-2016 at 4:25 AM, sandtrooper said:

Hello everyone,

My Venator was finished a few months ago without using magnets to attach the bottom hull pieces.

The first set of holders was stolen influenced from Jeff McClain's build shown earlier in this thread. They attach to the bottom plate and then the keel in the center. There are two pairs for each hull plate (four total). (Click to see larger versions of the pictures)

th_Ven%20mag%20replace8.jpg

th_Ven%20mag%20replace9.jpg

th_Ven%20mag%20replace4.jpg

The other holders are made from five elements including a 2X2 turntable. The turntable allows the holder to pivot to attach to the hull plate and then to the technic frame. They can also be rotated around the technic pin with axle to pull the hull closer to the frame. There are three of these attached to outer edge of the frame on each side (six total).

th_Ven%20mag%20replace.jpg

th_Ven%20mag%20replace2.jpg

th_Ven%20mag%20replace3.jpg

The holders keep the hull very stable with no movement when the ship has been moved. They can also be placed in several places to keep the hull from sagging.

th_Ven%20mag%20replace5.jpg

th_Ven%20mag%20replace6.jpg

Hope this helps any of you contemplating building this fantastic MOC. They are a very cheap alternative to the magnet holders.

Genious stuff. I am currently in process of buying the parts for this fantastic creation (bought instructions from Anio). Just was wondering if these components required to build the magnetless solution were included, I think not but I did saw turntables in partslist. If not, how many did you use of these fixes and what parts should I additionally order? Those magnets are pretty expensive so looking for some cost savings and a more lego-like solution :)

Edited by Japser

45 minutes ago, Japser said:

Genious stuff. I am currently in process of buying the parts for this fantastic creation (bought instructions from Anio). Just was wondering if these components required to build the magnetless solution were included, I think not but I did saw turntables in partslist. If not, how many did you use of these fixes and what parts should I additionally order? Those magnets are pretty expensive so looking for some cost savings and a more lego-like solution :)

Few posts below the one you quoted: part lists for each holder. And its a inofficial fix so you have to add those to the partlist and remove the magnets + magnet holders. Also: having access to 1 or 2 additional hands makes it easier to install the bottom panels (was cursing on the first try since it fell off due to not enough support until all were connected)

Also: you might have to fiddle another holder together for the inner back corner of the plate, those sag a bit since no holder is at their spot but original got a magnet there

Edited by masterX244

Can someone provide the exact list of magnet alternative parts ? Like : 

Part ID - Color - Qty

I didn't see it in the previous post. Thanks :) 

As an alternative, you may also consider using small balljoint technic links (Parts 32293 or 2739). I believe that could offer enough freedom while being relatively sturdy.

On 16.8.2016 at 1:42 AM, sandtrooper said:

Hello again,

The list for Bricklink parts are below. They are broken up into two lists for the different holders. Each list is for one holder. I used four of the Technic holders and six of the ball and socket holders in my build, so you will have to multiply the number of parts by how many holders you need.

th_Ven%20mag%20replace8.jpg

Technic holder

3707 Technic axle 8 (2 each)

32523 Technic 1 X 3 liftarm thick (1 each)

87083 Technic axle 4 with stop (1 each)

3713 Technic bush (2 each)

32013 Technic axle and pin connector (2 each)

4265c Technic bush 1/2 smooth (1 each)

42003 Technic axle and pin connector perpendicular 3L with two holes (1 each)

2476 Plate modified 2 x 2 with peg (1 each)

th_Ven%20mag%20replace.jpg

Ball and socket holder

3022 Plate 2 x 2 (1 each)

3680c02 Plate 2 x 2 with turntable (1 each)

57909 Technic brick modified 2 x 2 with ball (1 each)

32174 Technic axle connector 2 x 3 with ball socket (1 each)

43093 Technic pin with axle connector (1 each)

Hope this helps,

Pat

9 hours ago, Genki said:

Can someone provide the exact list of magnet alternative parts ? Like : 

Part ID - Color - Qty

I didn't see it in the previous post. Thanks :) 

this time as a quote so you see it straight

1 hour ago, Japser said:

Thanks MasterX244, much appreciated =]

expect another partlist soon. testing a idea for a holder at the back center part atm since that one hangs down still.

Update: Holder installed, Pics in spoiler

Spoiler

holder1.jpg

holder2.jpg

install1.jpg

2x 3706 axle 6

2x 4519 axle 3

1x 32073 axle 5

6x 32013 Technic Axle and Pin Connector (4 are replaceable with 32039 Technic Axle Connector with Axle Hole)

2x 32123b Technic Bush 1/2 Smooth with Axle Hole Semi-Reduced (or any other way to close the end of a axle)

1x 6632 Technic Beam 1x3 thin (axle aligner, optional)

2x 3701 Technic Brick 1 x 4 [3 Holes]

3x 2780 Technic Pin with Friction Ridges Lengthwise and Center Slots

2x 3022 plate 2 x 2

1x 3020 plate 2x4

1x 3679 Turntable top
1x 3680 Turntable base

You have to mirror the assembly since it isn't symmetrical, the downwards part has to align towards the back

Edited by masterX244

Thanks for the answers, it will help me.

Another question, page 174, step 169, this part : "Bracket 1 x 2 - 1 x 4 with Rounded Corners - Dark Red"

There is no where to buy it, how do you proceed ? 

1 hour ago, Genki said:

Thanks for the answers, it will help me.

Another question, page 174, step 169, this part : "Bracket 1 x 2 - 1 x 4 with Rounded Corners - Dark Red"

There is no where to buy it, how do you proceed ? 

You can remove the "b" and search for 2436 instead. It is the same thing, just that this has sharp corners (2436) and not rounded corners (2436b): http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=2436#T=S&C=59&O={"color":59}

Cheers!

Edited by Azrielsc

5 hours ago, Azrielsc said:

You can remove the "b" and search for 2436 instead. It is the same thing, just that this has sharp corners (2436) and not rounded corners (2436b): http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=2436#T=S&C=59&O={"color":59}

Cheers!

thanks... wish i would have known that earlier... *putsthatpartonawantedlist* that fix has to wait until next order season though...

1 hour ago, masterX244 said:

thanks... wish i would have known that earlier... *putsthatpartonawantedlist* that fix has to wait until next order season though...

No worries! Just another "excuse" to order more bricks on BL! :laugh:

2 hours ago, Azrielsc said:

No worries! Just another "excuse" to order more bricks on BL! :laugh:

nothing this month... i already had ignited the afterburner on ordering in december when i got the second half of parts for the venator... first half was stretched out over a few months... and no project in the pipeline atm.

1 hour ago, masterX244 said:

nothing this month... i already had ignited the afterburner on ordering in december when i got the second half of parts for the venator... first half was stretched out over a few months... and no project in the pipeline atm.

Home stretch! It's an amazing ship! :thumbup:

Anio,

when sharing the links for report, could you please go the extra mile and share the listing on UK or US ebay pages? Or whatever country in fact, just so it is in english? I always want to help but I struggle in finding where to click on these french websites and I usually have to spend a while finding the auction on some  readable version of ebay. 

I have looked though this page and have started ordering parts. I see where people are talking about the same issue I am having. I click on the link at the beginning to order the instructions (already started ordering parts) and it just redirects me back to the beginning of the page. Where can I get the instructions for this???? Is there anywhere else? I looked at Ebay and there is an actually ship for sale and there is instructions for a different build. Someone please help me out as I would like to start the build this week as this is when the parts will start to arrive. THANK YOU!!!