Sign in to follow this  
SlyOwl

Welcome to the Locker, Mistah Turner!

Oh SlyOwl, that is beautiful! :pir-oh3:

So many awesome things on such a small space. Epic! :thumbup:

Davy Jones for example, is one piece of art! Poor Bootstrap as well with his long hair and water bubbles. :pir-wub:

And of course, before we forget:

blogged.png

Keep MOC'ing! :thumbup:

Excellent vig, SlyOwl. I like all of the techniques in this- the beard as flying hair, the Davy Jones fig, and the water streams. The brown hand on the wreckage is a little random, but the rest of the vig is great. Jones has that hulking look, which is perfect. :thumbup:

Excellent work!

I really like the use of the Dwarf beard for hair. The brick-built Davy Jones is simply marvelous! Once again you show your amazing ability to take but a few bricks and make something with a huge amount of character. Great stuff.

Sly, that is stunning! That is a brilliant piece of artwork there, I love the use of arms for Davy's face. It is certainly the best Davy Jones fig I've ever seen. Keep up the great MOCs mate!

OMG, Owl, this is fantastic, the reverse beard used as hair is a great idea.

Davy Jones looks stunning too, and the water bubbles effect works so nicely. :pir-skull:

"You own Davy Jones youre soul" that is just freaking awesome, that Davy jones and all :pir-devil:

keep it up :thumbup:

Edited by Captain Becker

What a great little vignette, the Davy Jones is just brilliant! How did you get those to stay like that, never would've been able to think of that, Great job. :pir-classic:

Amazing build, like we are used to from you.

And yes, you are spoiling us lately!

Well done with the immediate frontpage, Captain Blackmoor.

Thanks for sharing, Slyowl.

That Davy Jones is simply genius. You even got the tentacle hand. Most people don't even notice the tentacle hand when they're watching the movie, yet you made it out of LEGO. Amazing.

Thanks guys :pir_kiss:

And of course, before we forget:

Cheers :pir-sweet:

How did you get the hands to stay on there?

They all clip onto the 1x1 tile, pretty snugly. Takes quite a bit of rearranging to get it right, though.

The brown hand on the wreckage is a little random, but the rest of the vig is great.

Supposed to be a splinter, but I understand it doesn't quite fit the chunky wreck as well.

That Davy Jones is simply genius. You even got the tentacle hand. Most people don't even notice the tentacle hand when they're watching the movie, yet you made it out of LEGO. Amazing.

I only noticed it when doing research on Jones myself... I'd have preferred a normal hand, though...

Your Davy Jones is just bluddy brilliant! How do the hooks stay in place?

Jammed between the slightly angled hat and top of the tentacle assembly. There's a 1x1 tap piece in there between the tile and hat, holding the head together.

Let eveeryone say something postive!

Let me be the RAT!

Could you not look for an other face for Will's father?

In the movie he had no beard .......

For the rest :thumbup:

I lvoed the bubbles and the hair :) Very creative! Greenish/bluish background also fits perfectly. Great job as always

Let eveeryone say something postive!

Let me be the RAT!

Could you not look for an other face for Will's father?

In the movie he had no beard .......

For the rest :thumbup:

Cheers :wink: I used the ginger face to match the hair. Originally I went with a Vader face, to get the bloated rottn look Bootstrap has, but then I figured he was only drowned for a few seconds at this stage. But yes, movie-inaccurate (I also highly doubt Jones was wandering around the the seabed at the time...) :pir-laugh:

I lvoed the bubbles and the hair :) Very creative! Greenish/bluish background also fits perfectly. Great job as always

Thanks mate! :pir-sweet:

I absolutely love how you made that Davy Jones! By any chance could you make instructions?