Jipay

What are you listening to?

Really like the awesome soundtrack from The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo movie, by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross - one of my favourite tracks is Pinned and Mounted. Spine chilling ambience! :wink:

My favorite Disney song

"It's not my fault, if in God's plan, He made the devil so much stronger than a man"

You know, for kids!

Edited by Robert8

I've been on a bit of a rock and soft metal kick lately - Muse, Evanescence, Linkin Park, Foo Fighters, Royal Blood, Foals etc.

I must admit, Foals are a recently found love. Their last album What Went Down is just a superb piece of alternative rock music (love all the tracks on it, maybe except London Thunder which is okay, just not something I'd listen to as often as Mountain At My Gates or Snake Oil), and it's my second favourite album of 2015 just behind Drones by Muse (I love Muse. I even have a T-shirt that lists the tracks on "The Resistance" and that's my favourite T-shirt. Enough said :laugh: ). So yeah, Foals are well worth a listen if you like alt-rock.

I'm delving into some classical music lately. Currently some Brahms. Very contemplating. Shostakowitsh before was... quite the opposite. It was like he tried to tease his audience by how strong dissonances he can do without tearing the whole piece apart. So, a quite intense experience :wink:

A powerful album from Dynatron. I find "Travelling The Wastelands" (28:27) emotionally powerful.

Edited by TheOrcKing

Interesting question... I've always enjoyed listening to Coldplay, and for me they're the best band in the world. They just did a concert right where I live, so obviously I went there :)

I love 80's pop but the videos are soooooooooooo bizarre

Like this one:

What the heck...

"Don't answer me" by The Alan Parsons Project.... I may have just found my new favorite song!

Good choice Murdoch... For me its almost anything from the "I Robot" album.

Right on! I've been following them since 1974! It's all good!

Current faves? Long format Jam Bands. Great party musics for us "old farts".

Currently listening to Daft Punk's entire original album discography (No compilations or live albums) for the first time, as I had previously only listened to the Tron Legacy soundtrack. I'm on Human after all right now, and discovery is my favorite album so far. (Don't blame me for waiting so long to listen to this stuff for the first time, Homework is older than me! :laugh: )

The stranger things soundtrack got me re-interested in Synthwave/Retrowave. S u r v i v e. Futurecop1982. Raydar, etc... basically anything featured by the youtube playlist "New Retro Wave." Some of it can get repetitious, though, so after a while of listening to the playlist I seek out new stuff.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Currently listening to Daft Punk's entire original album discography (No compilations or live albums) for the first time, as I had previously only listened to the Tron Legacy soundtrack. I'm on Human after all right now, and discovery is my favorite album so far. (Don't blame me for waiting so long to listen to this stuff for the first time, Homework is older than me! :laugh: )

Great album! If you fancy trying a live album, give Alive 2007 a listen - I thought it was brilliant.

For me, I'm currently listening to The Offspring - Why Don't You Get a Job

Great album! If you fancy trying a live album, give Alive 2007 a listen - I thought it was brilliant.

For me, I'm currently listening to The Offspring - Why Don't You Get a Job

Update: I have now finished listening to their discography, and thank you for that recommendation! Alive 2007 was incredible! (I've already listened to it multiple times now)

Opinions:

Homework: Good album, but probably the weakest of their three initial original albums.

Discovery: A Masterpiece album

Human After All: Not as good as Discovery, but better than Homework.

Alive 2007: All the best tracks on one album and they sound incredible!

Tron Legacy: One of my absolute favorite movie soundtracks! (Now give me TR3N so I can have another one!)

Random Access Memories: Whoa! A lot changed between 05 and 13 this album is very different from the other three, and it felt much more majestic and almost movie soundtrack like in places (It is slower). Not the high energy of the others, but an incredible album!

Update: I have now finished listening to their discography, and thank you for that recommendation! Alive 2007 was incredible! (I've already listened to it multiple times now)

Opinions:

Homework: Good album, but probably the weakest of their three initial original albums.

Discovery: A Masterpiece album

Human After All: Not as good as Discovery, but better than Homework.

Alive 2007: All the best tracks on one album and they sound incredible!

Tron Legacy: One of my absolute favorite movie soundtracks! (Now give me TR3N so I can have another one!)

Random Access Memories: Whoa! A lot changed between 05 and 13 this album is very different from the other three, and it felt much more majestic and almost movie soundtrack like in places (It is slower). Not the high energy of the others, but an incredible album!

Ah I'm chuffed you enjoyed it! I don't generally like live albums but there's something about Alive 2007! Glad to have recommended a winner.

New favorite Album.

Favorite song is either I.C.U. or Nightwalkers, but Cut Lip and Neon Graffiti are also pretty slick.

~Insectoid Aristocrat